Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122052 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2625 on: March 30, 2013, 03:21:53 pm »

Cigarettes that you've dipped in potassium and water explode when you light them. Epic assasination.

Good thinking, but Potassiumsplosion is fairly harmless, knockdown. On the other hand, Nitroglycerin or Plasma...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: March 30, 2013, 03:30:17 pm »

Except I was acting in character, you see when my character acts like an asshole that doesn't mean I'm trying to personally annoy and insult you. If I'm playing a Captain in a rev round, I'm going to be threatening everyone and being a general asshole. Does that mean I personally hate the players? No, it means I'm roleplaying.
Basically, Giving the Revs a reason to start shit.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: March 30, 2013, 03:30:27 pm »

Isn't the golden rule of the server "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."?

Where in that equation does being an asshole for no reason and calling it rp fit? If you screw with other people for no reason other then that, then you damn well better expect them to return the favor. Turnabout is fair play. I don't care if you're the HoS and think its hilarious to fuck with innocent law-abiding crewman. If you fuck with me for no reason at all, I WILL be looking to pay you back. I mean, if I'm an antag or started it then I expect to be shitted on, but otherwise it does not fly man.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: March 30, 2013, 03:38:04 pm »

Yeah to be fair once you start being a massive dick RP-wise, then it's totally fair for me to RP-wise get really pissed off at your character and say feed you a amatoxin sandwich.
Nom nom nom

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: March 30, 2013, 03:43:38 pm »

Isn't the golden rule of the server "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."?

Where in that equation does being an asshole for no reason and calling it rp fit? If you screw with other people for no reason other then that, then you damn well better expect them to return the favor. Turnabout is fair play. I don't care if you're the HoS and think its hilarious to fuck with innocent law-abiding crewman. If you fuck with me for no reason at all, I WILL be looking to pay you back. I mean, if I'm an antag or started it then I expect to be shitted on, but otherwise it does not fly man.
Want to know why they all got angry at me? Because I declined a security mech a roboticist randomly made because I was understaffed, and told them to keep it locked up until I needed it. They both got angry because they thought I was ordering them around, called me a dick, and proceeded to spend the rest of the round running around in security mechs. I'm just pissed off I had to waste my time dealing with them.

Yeah to be fair once you start being a massive dick RP-wise, then it's totally fair for me to RP-wise get really pissed off at your character and say feed you a amatoxin sandwich.
Again, I wasn't even acting like a massive dick. You can ask anyone, and they know I generally play my characters as slight assholes. Does this mean I'm purposely going around to fuck with people? Not at all. I rarely do that unless I'm playing antag, or trying to provoke revs in a rev round. Otherwise I play the job as I should.

Now if this entire head conflict was actually roleplayed well, I would of been completely fine with it. Hell, I've played a round where it was basically just the heads fighting each other and it was pulled off rather well.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: March 30, 2013, 04:15:25 pm »

Well, the one source of entertainment I could be bothered with right now dried up with my death.
The RNG didn't favor you when I joined the game, it seems.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: March 30, 2013, 04:59:23 pm »

Thoughts on the unreproducability of certain machines?

Chem dispenser, ChemMaster, hydroponics trays to name a few

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: March 30, 2013, 05:34:18 pm »

There was a round a few days ago where the research server room was exploded and I was unable to fully repair it because there's no way to construct a freezer (not to mention limited access to the irreplaceable pipe dispenser). I would be in favor of being able to build at least some of those machines.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: March 30, 2013, 05:37:54 pm »

Well, can we leave it at this?
We all learned we shouldn't be assholes

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: March 30, 2013, 05:44:00 pm »

There was a round a few days ago where the research server room was exploded and I was unable to fully repair it because there's no way to construct a freezer (not to mention limited access to the irreplaceable pipe dispenser). I would be in favor of being able to build at least some of those machines.

Build it outside the hull or just open the floor in the original room. We did try to repair things to the best of our abilities at the time. SMES's and freezers are just a couple things that are irreplaceable.

There are some hydroponics trays to be found on the asteroid. Don't forget about them.

-----
TortoiseGit is really getting annoying. After a few pulls it breaks itself and cannot exit the git cleanly, so nothing gets finalized. I have to delete the folder entirely and start a new one.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 05:47:34 pm by BigD145 »

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: March 30, 2013, 05:54:53 pm »

Want to know why they all got angry at me? Because I declined a security mech a roboticist randomly made because I was understaffed, and told them to keep it locked up until I needed it. They both got angry because they thought I was ordering them around, called me a dick, and proceeded to spend the rest of the round running around in security mechs. I'm just pissed off I had to waste my time dealing with them.

Speaking as the roboticist in question, it was less randomly made and more because the Head of Personel and Head of Science wanted them made. I was content just chilling and making cleanbots & cyborgs. :/
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: March 30, 2013, 06:06:35 pm »

Speaking as the roboticist in question, it was less randomly made and more because the Head of Personel and Head of Science wanted them made. I was content just chilling and making cleanbots & cyborgs. :/
Great. They told me that you just decided to make it, sorry for shifting some of the blame on you there for a second.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: March 30, 2013, 06:12:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If R&D hadn't been smoked and the Gygax wasn't right there I would've picked up a fifth one.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: March 30, 2013, 06:26:11 pm »

Axl forgot to bind his pAIs.

I've noticed that no one ever binds their pAIs.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: March 30, 2013, 07:12:21 pm »

Great. They told me that you just decided to make it, sorry for shifting some of the blame on you there for a second.
No we didn't actually.  You just made that whole thing up in your head, I was actually told that the captain okayed them being made.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 1654