Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121295 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2085 on: March 25, 2013, 01:39:26 am »

Argh, you ninja'd me axl! Haha, this is what was done after everyone left last night. After the HoS and I put posters everywhere.

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: March 25, 2013, 01:43:28 am »

Yesterday in a round I blew up the monkeylab and got thrown in the brig, didn't know nades could blow out floors and walls so easily.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: March 25, 2013, 02:10:07 am »

Protect Captain Ian! Best Captain.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: March 25, 2013, 02:26:27 am »

Yesterday in a round I blew up the monkeylab and got thrown in the brig, didn't know nades could blow out floors and walls so easily.

Yes... yes they can. So do plastic explosives. And don't try putting the latter in the Destructive Analyzer, because they won't end up *in*, but rather *on* it. And armed.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: March 25, 2013, 02:44:03 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We must protect Ian!

The generators in the bridge were my doing. I was the geneticist. I had actually started setting up the generators by wrenching them to the floor, but I didn't have the access to finish it.

Let's just say, telekinesis is still pretty fun and not nearly as OP as it was before.
Also often called Boowells.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: March 25, 2013, 05:14:26 am »

So about that Research station I was going to make. It's pretty much done besides for a way to keep power at the station.

I also use the mining shuttle for a way to get to the station and back.

Edit:Here's how it looks so far. I'm not to good with pipes so I need someone to do them right.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:37:32 am by Nienhaus »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: March 25, 2013, 06:18:49 am »

Well there is three things you could do for power.  One would be solar's and would be decently easy right up until a meteor shower.  Two would be a smaller singularity generator, you can actually make the current one half the size but still as effective if not more if you made a room with the singularity in the middle as a l2 singularity (2x2 size) with a building going around the outside of it containing radiation collectors on each side as opposed to the current 1 side only.  You'd then want a few extra layers of armor around the whole construct and you'd end up with a generator taking up slightly less space then the current, but overall more effective.   The last would be pacman generator based, and just hope that mining doesn't suck balls and can get you lots of plasma.  That or have a fucking lot of SMES's so you can make sure to store ALL the energy you don't use, until more plasma arrives.
Nom nom nom

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: March 25, 2013, 06:24:26 am »

We must protect Ian!

I'm so sad I didn't stay to see those antics. :<
On the other hand, I think I actually got the hang of being an engineer during that round. Got power set up on my own and all that good stuff. :D
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: March 25, 2013, 06:30:48 am »

Well there is three things you could do for power.  One would be solar's and would be decently easy right up until a meteor shower.  Two would be a smaller singularity generator, you can actually make the current one half the size but still as effective if not more if you made a room with the singularity in the middle as a l2 singularity (2x2 size) with a building going around the outside of it containing radiation collectors on each side as opposed to the current 1 side only.  You'd then want a few extra layers of armor around the whole construct and you'd end up with a generator taking up slightly less space then the current, but overall more effective.   The last would be pacman generator based, and just hope that mining doesn't suck balls and can get you lots of plasma.  That or have a fucking lot of SMES's so you can make sure to store ALL the energy you don't use, until more plasma arrives.
Want to know something funny? I though of all those, In that order. And I ended up going with the Pacman Generator. Mainly because R&D should be teaming with mining and it will force them to be together even more.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: March 25, 2013, 06:41:09 am »

not to mention, past the small amount of chemical and research things that use plasma at the moment, plasma sheets are currently a waste of space... unless you are using cargo constantly.  Honestly we need a way to refine plasma sheets into plasma gas to be used in other things... like bombs..
Nom nom nom

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: March 25, 2013, 06:42:06 am »

You need more reinforced walls. You also need more windows, vending machines, fire extinguishers and firelocks. And fire alarms. And a comms relay.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:44:46 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: March 25, 2013, 06:47:27 am »

not to mention, past the small amount of chemical and research things that use plasma at the moment, plasma sheets are currently a waste of space... unless you are using cargo constantly.  Honestly we need a way to refine plasma sheets into plasma gas to be used in other things... like bombs..
Yeah Plasma pretty useless for the time being.

You need more reinforced walls. You also need more windows, vending machines, fire extinguishers and firelocks. And fire alarms. And a comms relay.
I am still working on it, But yes. I made a good amount of the walls leading to space reinforced.

Edit: Does anyone know what the robotech vending machine is?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:49:07 am by Nienhaus »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: March 25, 2013, 07:03:05 am »

I'd still recommend solars, maybe even set up at start. I think other Z-levels are exempt from meteors anyway. Also, if you're not going the way of making plasma has from solid plasma, you could add a plasma tank like in atmos.

E: You'll also want a few maintenance rooms with replacement lights, an air tank and a PACMAN generator. Look at the mining station for examples . Also, some exterior airlocks somewhere.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:14:18 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: March 25, 2013, 07:10:01 am »

I'd still recommend solars, maybe even set up at start. I think other Z-levels are exempt from meteors anyway. Also, if you're not going the way of making plasma has from solid plasma, you could add a plasma tank like in atmos.
I could always have both, Also what do you guys think of it so far?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: March 25, 2013, 07:15:23 am »

I could always have both, Also what do you guys think of it so far?

The room to the servers should be expanded, so that you don't have to be climbing over the hypothetical security guard to get into it. Toxins could also use more table space along the walls to hold junk. I would also try to move the cyborg recharge stations with the mech recharge ones, both to make that room feel a bit less open, and to isolate Xenobiology so that it'd be easier to lock down. Speaking of isolating Xenobiology, I'd move the special containment pen at the end of the Xenobiology hallway and surround it with reinforced walls. I'd also add a line of shutters at the top of the Xenobiology so that the pens can be easily locked down and contained in the even of an outbreak or whatever.

But besides shifting rooms around so that the station is more compact (and making some of the rooms not look like they're ripped from the regular station), I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, expect perhaps adding some reinforced walls around the important areas. Oh, you'll also need a room to contain the SMES/generators, a room for atmospherics, a break room, kitchen, some sleeping quarters along with miscellaneous storage rooms for whatever junk science may need additional copies of. You know the layout main mining station? You've sorta done the entire right side of the mining station, now you just need to make the left side of the station (so to speak).

Still, I'd say that this is a good start to the research station. Keep up the good work!
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 1654