Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121197 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2100 on: March 25, 2013, 07:38:20 am »

Hum it depends mostly, are you wanting to be sort of a independent science focused station?  then you need some agriculture (especially for the mutant plants, I mean that is so science), a small kitchen, a few beds some wheres, some type of medical area with maybe a sleeper, single cryo tube, and one cloning station.  There's no chemistry area I saw, and genetics/virology could be interesting...  Basically if you cut off everything but the east side of the current station you'd be set haha
Nom nom nom

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: March 25, 2013, 07:42:03 am »

Hum it depends mostly, are you wanting to be sort of a independent science focused station?  then you need some agriculture (especially for the mutant plants, I mean that is so science), a small kitchen, a few beds some wheres, some type of medical area with maybe a sleeper, single cryo tube, and one cloning station.  There's no chemistry area I saw, and genetics/virology could be interesting...  Basically if you cut off everything but the east side of the current station you'd be set haha
You went a listed all of medbay, I didn't really want to add anything related to medbay unless you guys quite literately want the station in a few parts like The Brig, Research/Medbay, And then rest. Then we could really do that each section is it's own nation round some admins were talking about.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: March 25, 2013, 07:45:54 am »

You went a listed all of medbay, I didn't really want to add anything related to medbay unless you guys quite literately want the station in a few parts like The Brig, Research/Medbay, And then rest. Then we could really do that each section is it's own nation round some admins were talking about.

Well the Research Station at least needs a couple sleepers and some medical supplies to help the wounded until actual medical personnel arrive. A cryo tube and cloning station is definitively too much. As I've mentioned before, look at the mining station for inspiration for what an independent station needs to survive.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: March 25, 2013, 08:15:08 am »

Okay well I think I got the station all good for now. I wont be bothered to get a map of it as it is a pain, I'll do that later. But now I have to wait for the other guy to make the station so I can power it. Also some other guy said he would do piping/atmos so when he does piping on the Research Station he can add a room as needed.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: March 25, 2013, 08:56:56 am »

Yeah good point, I mean it all depends on how independant you want to be.
Nom nom nom

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: March 25, 2013, 09:07:08 am »

You guys are needed on vactor's server! IM LONELY!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: March 25, 2013, 09:24:05 am »

There'll be more people than the mining station tough, so you may need some sort of mini-atmospherics. Also, toxins. Would be nice to have some air in case everything blows up. I could design it if you want. Oh, and could you give us the map file so we can have a look?

Mini-atmos would have no air tank and no mix tank, 2x2 tanks instead of 9x9 tanks, one empty "junk" tank for CO2 and nitrous oxide, one plasma tank, one oxygen tank and one nitrogen tank. It would also have a little port, and mayby the plasma tank could be hooked up directly to some connector ports in toxins.

Oh, and I heard that you can increase the power of bombs by cooling the oxygen, so mayby you could add a freezer to toxins somewhere. And it would also be nice if there was space for a third exosuit fabricator to be built with advanced/super parts.

What are we going to do with the big gaping hole that was research tough?

E: Oh, and we may want to start setting up our own documentation with guides etc.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:33:24 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: March 25, 2013, 09:33:38 am »

Well here's the thing, I just delete the whole research wing so I would look at it.
Also will you please design the atmos area? If you do can you post pictures of how it looks so I can copy it over.
Here's the map, http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ayyrra5h9c31is2 , It's on the second Z level.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: March 25, 2013, 09:40:05 am »

Alright, I guess I'll try. I can design it, but I have little experience working with BYOND and I'll probably end up putting it in a really akward place.

Oh, and this could probably take a few hours, considering that I'll have to study a bit soon.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: March 25, 2013, 09:44:49 am »

That's fine.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: March 25, 2013, 09:48:46 am »

Hm, looks like your map isn't compiled correctly. I can't open it.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: March 25, 2013, 09:52:26 am »

Hm, looks like your map isn't compiled correctly. I can't open it.
I might have clicked save before compiling it.
Edit Try this http://www.mediafire.com/?ayyrra5h9c31is2
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:55:30 am by Nienhaus »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: March 25, 2013, 09:58:35 am »

Personally, I still think the research station should be put on an asteroid, for easy access to minerals. Maybe even on the same Z level as the mining station, though I don't know how feasible that would be in terms of size. In other news, I'm almost done with rearranging the Permabrig. It should be more interesting for people stuck in there, and could invite ridiculous escape attempts. I'd like to think that people would lean towards permabrigging instead of this, but whatever. I'll upload some screenshots a bit later, along with the strip club, which is complete. I have some ideas surround that and the ghetto surgery, which I'll get into later.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: March 25, 2013, 10:03:36 am »

Hm, intresting. From reading the mapping guide, it appears that you can set scrubbers to SCRUB HARDER. Default appears to be 120. Wich is probably kPa. Also, you can set them to scrub toxins and nitrous oxide by default, so mayby we should make them do that by default in important areas (Bridge, hallways, medbay).

E: Nope, still nothing. I think it may be because my BYOND is slightly outdated. I'll try updating it.

E2: Still doesn't work.
Code: [Select]
Due to compilation errors, the object tree cannot be trusted for map generation. These errors must be corrected before editing the map.
E3: I guess I need the source?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:13:11 am by miauw62 »

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: March 25, 2013, 10:11:07 am »

Does it say anything else?
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 1654