Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122320 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1650 on: March 17, 2013, 08:55:05 pm »

normally, no. after getting a wish from the dark wish machine? I wouldn't rule it out. although it might have to be tested further.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: March 17, 2013, 09:03:14 pm »

I waltzed into the brig in my mech and transmitted a message to CentComm that the HoP and Security are staging a coup and asked for 'extraordinary measures' to be taken. I managed to get a couple of syringes filled with a Poly/Mindbreaker/Impedrezene/Cryptobiolin cocktail, but somehow, she kept running away and returning without a single wound.

Changlings can go into regenerative stasis and recover all damage, including drugs and poisons.

Apparently. I had no clue whether it would work or not during the time though.

But, my message got through, so Goodminery spawned Deathsquad to deal with the situation. In the end, they didn't achieve much, but the surprise was quite amusing.

The DeathSquad was called in? Huh. I literally did not know that.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:07:17 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: March 17, 2013, 09:21:01 pm »

The DeathSquad was called in? Huh. I literally did not know that.

Me either. I was gleefully returning with my bananaium when I was rudely informed that the shuttle had left without me.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: March 17, 2013, 09:21:14 pm »

If the traitor is supposed to escape alone, he'll go for anyone too.
I've never come across that objective before, so it seems to be rare.
I don't think it's an initial objective, it's something that gets added once you complete your main objective.

BUT, if i'm not mistaken, most people automatically start with a pen somewhere on them on BS12.
If I'm not mistaken, everyone on Urist does too. Check your PDA.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: March 17, 2013, 09:36:21 pm »

Note: Wish Granter turns you into a doomhulk with an fitting objective.

Must not be a very good doom hulk. At first we fled, but then we broke out the energy guns. All it took to bring it down was a shot or two from an energy gun and a chamber of revolver bullets.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: March 17, 2013, 10:03:26 pm »

Of course, AI turned out to have been subverted, HoP and Security were changelings. But, my message got through, so Goodminery spawned Deathsquad to deal with the situation. In the end, they didn't achieve much, but the surprise was quite amusing.
For the record, you are wrong about security.  Niether them nor engineering crew members except for me as the CE were Changlings.  I just managed to persuade them all to help.  It was very interesting how I managed to use Crazy captain and murderous medical to make everyone who was out of the loop join on the side of the changlings.  And then when their usefulness died off or they got killed we ate them.

Honestly if one of my allies that round wasn't an objective, I would of happily saved his ass.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:09:03 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: March 17, 2013, 10:11:58 pm »

Note: Wish Granter turns you into a doomhulk with an fitting objective.

Must not be a very good doom hulk. At first we fled, but then we broke out the energy guns. All it took to bring it down was a shot or two from an energy gun and a chamber of revolver bullets.
It looks more or less like a hulked character with cold resist. Makes sense he wasn't very hard to take down.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: March 17, 2013, 10:21:40 pm »

Just gonna say that i dont think that Security should build turrets, Feels like that is out of their expertise.
Also, How to actually upload laws to cyborgs? Or cant that be done as AI?
Seeing that mutating into a slime man stops the AI from recognizing you as human, does that include Hulks?

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: March 17, 2013, 10:40:24 pm »

I was Hugo Tennant, the Atmos Tech, that round, and Engineering totally bought the revolution thing.  By the end of the round, after we had failed to contact the CE or security, we decided to fortify Engine Room and Atmos and wait there for the evacuation.  We had hacked the doors shut, acquired what weapons were nearby (I, at least, was scared of getting jumped by that Medical mech), and I was starting to make bombs before me and the other Atmos got killed.  What did happen in Security after the command chain fight?  Also, was Medical really insane, or was that not even true?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: March 17, 2013, 10:40:31 pm »

Cyborgs with working Law-Sync cable (all of them unless modified) automatically receive your law changes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: March 17, 2013, 10:57:53 pm »

Cyborgs with working Law-Sync cable (all of them unless modified) automatically receive your law changes.

I know i played one round as a cyborg who had conflicting laws with my parent AI.  It was my understanding that the changleing captain told the AI to not tell anyone about the law change. So the AI never synced them to me.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: March 17, 2013, 10:59:53 pm »

I'm kind of confused, I've yet to be given admin access on Vactor's server. I remember asking someone about it, and they said KG could do it. I sent him a PM and haven't been able to get a reply, but today Aklyon told me Vactor can do it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: March 17, 2013, 11:00:40 pm »

What did happen in Security after the command chain fight?

Let's see... How many security people did we have? The HoS and Bill (a security officer) were changlings, though Bill got in trouble with the Captain and had to transform into Cog (the miner) as a disguise. So those two were relatively fine, and definitively on our side. One officer got ganked by another Changling, I can't remember who, I wasn't there for it. I think it was Bill though, since he later showed up in the Bridge as that security officer. The Warden, on the other hand, tried to arrest Khan the CE while I was watching. Since Khan was a fellow changling I ganked the Warden with a couple of stings while he was distracted and then sucked out his DNA. Yummy.

Am I missing anybody else? Because that's all the people I can remember from security.

Also, was Medical really insane, or was that not even true?

Medical seemed... okay to me, though I didn't interact with them very much. The RD was running around in an Odysseus, so maybe everyone just assumed medical was insane due to him. That's my theory.

Also, I just realized that I never transformed as a changling. Not once, not even to test it out. Not sure how I exactly feel about that...

I know i played one round as a cyborg who had conflicting laws with my parent AI.  It was my understanding that the changleing captain told the AI to not tell anyone about the law change. So the AI never synced them to me.

Huh. I thought it happened automatically. Though, truth be told, I've never played a round as a Borg/AI where somebody altered the laws (besides Malf, of course). For some reason it always happens to be me messing up the laws. Heh.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: March 17, 2013, 11:24:24 pm »

Also, I just realized that I never transformed as a changling. Not once, not even to test it out. Not sure how I exactly feel about that...

That would have run counter to what you had set up with the AI and security Borg
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1664 on: March 17, 2013, 11:25:44 pm »

I was gone for the weekend; the weird admin situation was due to an old admins file.  It's updated in the repo, and should be reflected next time Vactor updates.

KG
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 1654