Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122654 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1155 on: March 10, 2013, 03:25:50 pm »

Okay, we need Android's server up again. Seriously.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 10, 2013, 03:50:44 pm »

Except that it would be a DEAD giveaway. Relatively speaking.

I see what you did there!

On the other hand, you could weaponize the givaway effect by setting it to someone else's name then screaming that person is a traitor, cue some poor random crewmember exploding and the rest of the crew smashing 'traitor''s face in.

Brilliant. Someone like the HoS or the Captain.

Uh... well, I somehow doubt that upon calling Captain a traitor the crew is going to side with you, rather than the captain, and this is from personal experience. In fact, if you are a traitor Captain you might as well call restart vote, since you can complete all objectives without anyone batting an eye.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1157 on: March 10, 2013, 03:53:35 pm »

No, if you the Captain and a traitor you should play mind games with people. See how many people you can get accused of being the traitor and what not. When the win is almost assured it just means you have to redefine you win state. Instead of going for the direct win go for the fun way.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 10, 2013, 03:55:52 pm »

In fact, if you are a traitor Captain you might as well call restart vote, since you can complete all objectives without anyone batting an eye.
This isn't entirely true. I was once lumped with being a traitorous Captain. My task was to get corgi meat. I suppose I could have just ordered some from the quartermaster's office, but I didn't think of that and took up the challenge of sneaking Ian into a washing machine.

No, if you the Captain and a traitor you should play mind games with people. See how many people you can get accused of being the traitor and what not. When the win is almost assured it just means you have to redefine you win state. Instead of going for the direct win go for the fun way.
So much this.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 10, 2013, 04:09:58 pm »

-wall-
Yeah, that was an interesting round. I was Axl (HoS) and had the recording of you confessing to the murders. That would've been a weird, weird trial:

1) The prosecutor was perhaps the most normal of them all: the Head of Security who had been dealing with a madman (Kert) and a string of murders for half the round. (me, of course)
2) The Judge (Kert) was the insane Head of Personnel who wouldn't stop shouting stuff from the desk and probably would've spaced you himself if the admin hadn't told him we needed a trial.
3) The defending "attorney" was also crazy and was a botanist who thought he was a god.
4) The accused was the insane Chief Engineer (you, of course) who believed he would become a god and was obsessed with the RD's jumpsuit.
5) The only person in the audience was the doctor who had been treating Kert's mental illness the whole round.

Even with all of this, I think we still might've lost the case. Kert left all of the Captain's gear you had in the engine room and you had no traitor's items, so the sole piece of evidence was just a really freaky recording of you seeming to admit to multiple murders. I was actually kind of glad the game closed there because I would probably make myself look stupid :P
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:35:41 pm by Jacob/Lee »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 10, 2013, 04:13:50 pm »

Nevertheless, objectives are stupidly easy to achieve if you know what you're doing, even murder. The fun objective for captain would be Framing, it occasionally appears as an objective, and fits the ideal style you describe.

The other job that makes assasination quite easy is, for reasons completely unrelated to the role itself, Virologist. Why? Virologist, ostentatiously due to biohazard reasons, has a lab with disposals leading straight into space. By extension, Chaplain works too, but is a bit harder.

In fact, in one round on the alternative McStation server that's how I managed to assassinate the CMO - he came to inspect my lab, I sleepypenned him thrice, stripped him of his headset and ID and put him into spacing disposal. The rest of the round (AKA station of deaf, barf-covered confused staff) were a result of me trying to force a shuttle call.

Oh, and while we're at it, can we haz code update? /tg/ has some sweet UI now.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 10, 2013, 04:15:20 pm »

Ok my server is up

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:56:35 pm by Android »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 10, 2013, 04:18:38 pm »

Ok my server is up

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thank you, and goddammit, you're a horrible person for making me not sleep and play instead :P.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:01:37 pm by Toady One »

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 10, 2013, 04:26:00 pm »

Quote from: BDthemag
OOC: Bdthemag: i'm your prom date, you ugly sack of shit.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 10, 2013, 04:36:21 pm »

Oh yeah, I realise that almost everyone, myself included has gone off of the "ALIUMS" round as a concept, but last night I had an idea that could balance the round and make it possible to turn either way at any point. It'd require quite a complex code change but!
The Xeno have a high resistance to lasers. Lasers are the most commonly available weapon, meaning it's pretty tough to stand a chance at fighting back.
However if the Xeno's laser resistance were to decrease in accordance with the number of Xeno (excluding Larvae) versus the number of crew alive (and connected) then the combat would remain fairly even, giving the queen more of an advantage in the early game (when she's most vulnerable), and then removing that advantage as their team builds.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 10, 2013, 04:41:11 pm »

I was the changeling captain. Ate about half the crew, and made the AI recognize me as the only human. BUT, didn't win, because I changed bags and forgot to move my Pinpointer over. Very unimpressed with myself on that count.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 10, 2013, 04:44:16 pm »

The Xeno have a high resistance to lasers. Lasers are the most commonly available weapon, meaning it's pretty tough to stand a chance at fighting back.
However if the Xeno's laser resistance were to decrease in accordance with the number of Xeno (excluding Larvae) versus the number of crew alive (and connected) then the combat would remain fairly even, giving the queen more of an advantage in the early game (when she's most vulnerable), and then removing that advantage as their team builds.
I like that idea. It would force both sides to team up and work together: the more aliens there are, the weaker they all become, so they need to team up in order to take down anything that's armed. In response to the mobs of aliens trying to massacre people, the humans would gather weapons and squad up just like the aliens. It discourages one-man/alien tanks on both sides.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 10, 2013, 07:06:19 pm »

And also give me a use for those incendiary grenades I've become so highly obsessed with.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 10, 2013, 07:47:02 pm »

I was the changeling captain. Ate about half the crew, and made the AI recognize me as the only human. BUT, didn't win, because I changed bags and forgot to move my Pinpointer over. Very unimpressed with myself on that count.

I was the cyborg that round, and the AI failed to sync the added rule to me.  Luckily for you the person you were assaulting died, while i was stunning you, and no longer had any reason to stop you.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 10, 2013, 08:57:26 pm »

I was the cyborg that round, and the AI failed to sync the added rule to me.  Luckily for you the person you were assaulting died, while i was stunning you, and no longer had any reason to stop you.
I had not been given an order to do so.
Also, I don't get why no one thought something was strange when i repeatedly implied that the changeling was the only human multiple times, nor didn't respond to orders by anyone else.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 1654