Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122745 times)

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1140 on: March 10, 2013, 04:02:51 am »

Righty'o. Join Urist McStation. Be warned though, I'm probably going to reset it so we can have a fresh new round.

Edit:

Also, the lag seems to be gone.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:08:22 am by aaron32 »
(Probably Ex)Admin on Urist McStation, A space station 13 server.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123140.0

It's pretty cool. Check it out.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: March 10, 2013, 04:08:21 am »

Yes, the connection is closed for everybody. I was looking forward to the trial as well :(

I was the doctor, I had no way to recover the corpses, neither direct access to genetics without the help of Axl or Kert.
I could have gave you access.

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: March 10, 2013, 04:17:59 am »

Yes, but IC I didn't want to ask for it, given the circumstances. At the beginning of the round I wanted to ask for access to genetics and chem lab, but then the events unfolded in that unpredictable and interesting way.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: March 10, 2013, 04:40:28 am »

I know it's late for a lot of you, but the main Urist McStation server has just been restarted and the power should be stable enough for whatever stories you choose to craft to unfold. I, however, am going to bed.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: March 10, 2013, 04:50:12 am »

Oh hai, Axl. Were you the one who was originally tasked with retrieving my body? I guess it almost seemed too good to be true. :D
Heh, yeah. I was going to get rid of it there, but the airlock took too long to cycle and the security officer was RIGHT THERE when I opened the Toxins door. I decided to go along with it and hope you die at some point later on.
Ah. I thought you were acting very suspicious. You kept going to the door, peeking out, then going back to my body. I was shouting at the screen for you to just get my body, but it makes sense now. :D
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 10, 2013, 04:53:18 am »

Watch out world, Gaius Atrum is coming.

Oh, and how do you throw corpses and the like?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 10, 2013, 05:28:51 am »

Oh, and how do you throw corpses and the like?
Change your intent to grab, grab the poor sod then throw like you would with any other object.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: March 10, 2013, 11:07:37 am »

Just had a fun round as Detective traitor. Had to kill the HoS and escape alone. Failed on both counts thanks to that damn Doctor Crimby Montort and friggin space vines. But I think I traitor pretty effectively anyhow. Very fun.

EDIT: Oh, and my creativity was snubbed when the box I ordered gave me two freedom implants, which isn't quite the over 10 telecrystals promised. Usually I order the box and base my traitor on what's inside it, but it's not really feasible to have a villain based around getting arrested so he can escape. As funny as that may be.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 11:11:34 am by Man of Paper »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 10, 2013, 11:12:50 am »

I guess it WOULD get you in the brig pretty easily.

But honestly, my favorite traitor item is probably the chameleon projector. I've only used it twice, but it's so much fun.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: March 10, 2013, 02:38:33 pm »

I was the traitorous CE twice in a row last night. My first time as CE too.

Well, I got way too caught up learning the CE role, and really took way too long...
My first round, I had to steal the mag boots.

I ended up getting lost in space after trying to fix a window... I somehow managed to get back to the station after floating around, and visiting the russian pirate radio stations... twice.

I eventually shut the SMS's off, and cut the wires, which allowed the singularity to get loose. Ship was abandoned, traitor wins... I could have done that in 15 minutes...

The second round was a little tougher, I had to steal the research director's jumpsuit.

I set up power and everything, then tried to sneak in to R&D to get the labcoat.  I was caught by the captain on my way out, he searched me, and  took the labcoat from me. I spent 5 minutes in the brig, and was sent on my way.

The research director was AFK most of the round, but I eventually got the captain to give me her location in xenobio. On my way there, I ran across a scientist named liam in the maint tunnels. I dragged him outside, took his uniform and id, and spaced him.  I guess the captain knew what I was up to, because he was in there waiting.  Since I took so damn long to do it, he was afk too.  The jumpsuit I wanted was lying on the ground nearby! 

This is where my plan really fell apart. I killed the captain and took his uniform and ID. I had previously left my PDA behind when I assumed liam's identity... stupid.... so I had no access to traitor items.  I was spotted running around as the captain, and feigned a throat injury, writing a note that liam had attacked me..

I needed to get the escape shuttle called, and I figured if I called it it would just be recalled. So I headed back to engineering to release the singularity.  I was caught in the act of shutting down the SMS and cutting the wires by my assistant, Marcus Harrow.  I shot him with the energy rifle I had taken from the captain's locker.  For some reason, the containment field stayed up!  Marcus had restored some of the damage I did, but I re-cut the wires, and shut the SMS's back down... for some reason, containment stayed up.

At this point, I was in the middle of changing out of the captain's items, and security and HoP walked in... I said the singularity was loose, and ran around like an idiot... I tried to go out the airlock to cut the wires to the emitters directly, but for some reason the doors wouldn't open.  I was cuffed, and dragged to the brig.

I decided to act crazy, and claim to be obsessed with the research director's suit.   I said I had wanted to be the head of research, and that I would become a god with the power of the singularity.  I confessed the murders, then denied them, and tried to claim security and the HoP were trying to frame me.

I really screwed up over and over on this. I took way too long to do anything.  My first two times as traitor. I feel like I had a fairly easy objective too. I'll make sure to act quicker next time.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: March 10, 2013, 02:52:05 pm »

My bet traitor setup for assassinations is one of the most obvious: Sleepypen and explosive implant.

I still remember the time I did this, set the trigger to 'bum', and, what do you know, not five seconds later, an engineer asks the AI to 'bump up the output of the SMES cell'

Explosive implant someone with the trigger being 'Code Yellow'. Enjoy the round turning into a reference.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: March 10, 2013, 03:04:02 pm »

Change it to 'shuttle'

'Call the shuttle!'
*BOOM!*

Or maybe 'docked with the station'
'The emergency shuttle has docked with the station'
*BOOM*

I like the way you're thinking. On the other hand, changing it to something non-generic allows you to blackmail them into doing your bidding. Perhaps 'implant removal surgery' as a trigger on non-medical staff would be ideal for that, terminating the target once they would try to get rid of it.

Another fun trigger could be:
'[you] is a traitor'
cue explosion.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: March 10, 2013, 03:06:13 pm »

Change it to 'shuttle'

'Call the shuttle!'
*BOOM!*

Or maybe 'docked with the station'
'The emergency shuttle has docked with the station'
*BOOM*

I like the way you're thinking. On the other hand, changing it to something non-generic allows you to blackmail them into doing your bidding. Perhaps 'implant removal surgery' as a trigger on non-medical staff would be ideal for that, terminating the target once they would try to get rid of it.

Another fun trigger could be:
'[you] is a traitor'
cue explosion.

Except that it would be a DEAD giveaway. Relatively speaking.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 10, 2013, 03:09:24 pm »

I see what you did there!

On the other hand, you could weaponize the givaway effect by setting it to someone else's name then screaming that person is a traitor, cue some poor random crewmember exploding and the rest of the crew smashing 'traitor''s face in.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 10, 2013, 03:16:10 pm »

I see what you did there!

On the other hand, you could weaponize the givaway effect by setting it to someone else's name then screaming that person is a traitor, cue some poor random crewmember exploding and the rest of the crew smashing 'traitor''s face in.

Brilliant. Someone like the HoS or the Captain.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 1654