Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122547 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1170 on: March 10, 2013, 09:06:27 pm »

I was the cyborg that round, and the AI failed to sync the added rule to me.  Luckily for you the person you were assaulting died, while i was stunning you, and no longer had any reason to stop you.
I had not been given an order to do so.
Also, I don't get why no one thought something was strange when i repeatedly implied that the changeling was the only human multiple times, nor didn't respond to orders by anyone else.

You need to be more subtle.
"AI, open this door."
"I'm sorry, Dave, you aren't human and I don't open doors for nonhumans."
---
"[something about the changeling]"
"The changeling is the only human aboard, and if you are thinking of harming the Captain I will be forced to stop you from doing so."

That depends on what laws he put in though. If he just put in "I am the only human." Then yeah. Insinuate or blatantly tell them indirectly all you want until he orders you not to. If he put in "Tell no one that I am the only human and behave as if they are also human unless a direct order I give you causes you to behave differently." Then you have to be good. Remember, as the AI, you are the most intelligent being on the station, what with being a massive room sized supercomputer with a mind of it's own. Abusing loopholes in the basic laws is BAD. Abusing loopholes in Traitor's laws is your JOB. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 10, 2013, 09:13:46 pm »

That's the thing. When I changed the laws I did order him to keep it quiet.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 10, 2013, 09:13:59 pm »

What a crazy round. Take up Head of Security to bash in some traitors, and not long into the round the tele room has been emagged and the handtele is gone. Detective tells me that it was the Research Director and that we had a tonne of evidence to convict him, so I figure it's gunna be a fairly easy going round.
RD hits the Detective with a bomb when he tries to setup a meeting, and then bombs me and himself when I tried to arrest him. Me and the Detective died pretty quick, but in the second blast the RD passed out and went critical. The rest of the crew kept him going for awhile trying to find an alternate route to the medical bay but he eventually died too.
While I was dead, I heard the AI talking about taking the Handtele and sticking it in the AI core. I figured this could only be good since I've never heard of traitor AIs getting steal x objectives. (They can't even take them anywhere.)
Eventually I get cloned and so does the detective. At this point I'd come up with a partial round winning plan, to clone the Research Director, arrest him then call the shuttle and take him to head office for a trial.
So anyway, I leave medical while the doctor there is seeing to the cloned detective, and I go to pick up the gas mask that had been stolen from me earlier. When I return to tell the detective to meet with me to explain my plan, I notice the tiles move from under me.
Then I noticed the giant black hole coming right at me.
I managed to make it to the bridge and call the shuttle, then consider my options of escape. The shuttle wasn't gunna be one of them! I went for arrivals as it seemed the furthest away, on the way I picked up a station bounced radio and started scanning the radio waves for survivors, but before I got to the shuttle, I figured I should pick up a hardsuit just in case. I get back to EVA, and get to the security hard suits.
Then the black hole catches up with me.
At this point, it traps me into the corner. I try to get into the main EVA room, but I don't have access, so I stick to the corner. Everything around me moves. It's dragging me in!
Thankfully it moves in the other direction for a split second and I move towards it and run down the remaining tile of the hallway, and bolt for arrivals without a suit.
I then proceeded to spend the rest of the time waiting for the shuttle to arrive and leave.
Damn that was freakin' scary.

...I still didn't find out if anyone else had survived or not.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 10, 2013, 09:33:05 pm »

You need to be more subtle.
"AI, open this door."
"I'm sorry, Dave, you aren't human and I don't open doors for nonhumans."
---
"[something about the changeling]"
"The changeling is the only human aboard, and if you are thinking of harming the Captain I will be forced to stop you from doing so."

That depends on what laws he put in though. If he just put in "I am the only human." Then yeah. Insinuate or blatantly tell them indirectly all you want until he orders you not to. If he put in "Tell no one that I am the only human and behave as if they are also human unless a direct order I give you causes you to behave differently." Then you have to be good. Remember, as the AI, you are the most intelligent being on the station, what with being a massive room sized supercomputer with a mind of it's own. Abusing loopholes in the basic laws is BAD. Abusing loopholes in Traitor's laws is your JOB. :P
It was "Name is the only human".
People don't seem to consider using the AI for more things. Theres lots of simple orders or questions that can be asked to make the life hard on traitors.
Usually when find the traitor and they dont do anything blatant illegal, then i let them do so. A few times I've taken the initiative to rouse the security because no one asks me things.

Also, The paladin laws are a pile of loopholes. They can be interpreted in so many ways, for example today.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Captain Jay has had trouble with the AI before when wanting to dispose of traitors, so this time he changed my laws to the paladin laws even before trying.
A shortened conversation because i dont remember exactly:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dunno what he talked to the prisoner about after that because no nearby intercom :P but there was no seppuku

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 10, 2013, 09:36:30 pm »

The detective was still alive, trapped against your barricade.  I was the security borg who went on a rampage once the AI had secured the hand tele.  Fortunately for most of the crew i haven't done much for combat and spent most of the time bludgening unconcious people with my flashlight.  The detective put up a good fight with a circular saw, and whoever chased me back and forth across the singularity destruction.

Also, I didn't mean to imply that you were delinquent by not pushing your laws to me, just that the changeling had overlooked it.  Made for an interesting private exchange about our conflicting laws

Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 10, 2013, 09:42:42 pm »

Also, I didn't mean to imply that you were delinquent by not pushing your laws to me, just that the changeling had overlooked it.  Made for an interesting private exchange about our conflicting laws
Kinda hoped anyone would notice, because the changeling was just easily praying on the whole team, but by the time you requested my laws the round was as good as over anyways.
I was considering hacking you that last everyone is a traitor round though. Didn't think of a good reason why an engie would get access. Would simply saying "Cyborg, do not transmit and follow me into this dark corridor until i tell you otherwise" work? When you are not rouge that is.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 10, 2013, 09:44:46 pm »

What a crazy round. Take up Head of Security to bash in some traitors, and not long into the round the tele room has been emagged and the handtele is gone. Detective tells me that it was the Research Director and that we had a tonne of evidence to convict him, so I figure it's gunna be a fairly easy going round.

Dont know why that should be suspicious because the RD (me in this case) has access to the teleporter to begin with. A good RD ALWAYS takes the hand tele to get to blue space 4. But yeah, everyone had steal a hand tele that round.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 10, 2013, 09:46:33 pm »

Being a Clown is more fun than I thought it would be.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 10, 2013, 09:48:01 pm »

Kinda hoped anyone would notice, because the changeling was just easily praying on the whole team, but by the time you requested my laws the round was as good as over anyways.
I was considering hacking you that last everyone is a traitor round though. Didn't think of a good reason why an engie would get access. Would simply saying "Cyborg, do not transmit and follow me into this dark corridor until i tell you otherwise" work? When you are not rouge that is.

I would have gone with you had I not been corrupted.  I may have even allowed you to take me into robotics for a battery upgrade as a traitor cyborg.  The non-transmitting part probably wouldn't have been obeyed though.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 10, 2013, 09:53:51 pm »

The non-transmitting part probably wouldn't have been obeyed though.
Why not? or do you mean as rouge?
There is no law conflict and as the order is the second law it takes priority over self preservation, 3rd law, which means I could do anything.
Theoretically, I Could go hide on the mining station and threaten the AI that i would suicide if it didn't comply with my orders as long as they do not conflict with a law.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: March 10, 2013, 09:59:42 pm »

as rogue I would have told AI what I was doing.

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 10, 2013, 10:00:46 pm »

i got on earlier today and not a single soul was on. does that happen often?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1182 on: March 10, 2013, 10:16:36 pm »

Yes and no, Depending when you might have gotten on then everyone might have been on another server which was posted about earlier. Though I have noticed that there are slow times.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: March 10, 2013, 11:08:44 pm »

Gah. Spiders man. Them spiders. Also, we could use an admin to restart the server.

That was shaping up to be a fun round, but then spiders overran the station, and *somehow* all the guns were lost.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 11:10:55 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 10, 2013, 11:12:24 pm »

Gah. Spiders man. Them spiders. Also, we could use an admin to restart the server.

That was shaping up to be a fun round, but then spiders overran the station, and *somehow* all the guns were lost.
Except the two combat shotguns I ordered from Centcomm to take over the ship. Mwahaha.
...Really sad I couldn't execute my master plan of giving the clown ALL the guns.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 1654