Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: Cube World  (Read 40734 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cube World
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2013, 08:18:54 pm »

A pyramid? That's new. Found one in my third "lands of" traveled to.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's a temple. Spiral stair leads deep underground. Orc Boss at the end. Drops a spirit.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:39:59 pm by BigD145 »

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2013, 08:21:45 pm »

Seems the demo isn't even meant to play, just to see if it starts? It crashes as soon as I hit any key. Weird to call it a demo.
The tech demo is meant to see if you can run it. If the tech demo doesn't run, it won't work on your machine.

The game is known to have issues with Intel cards on laptops, if that helps any.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2013, 08:45:39 pm »

Seems the demo isn't even meant to play, just to see if it starts? It crashes as soon as I hit any key. Weird to call it a demo.
The tech demo is meant to see if you can run it. If the tech demo doesn't run, it won't work on your machine.

The game is known to have issues with Intel cards on laptops, if that helps any.
It actually crashed when I hit a key too, but the actual alpha runs just fine. I suspect they buggered something up in their input code for the test demo.

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2013, 09:50:25 pm »

This game is fantastic. I'm only about level 4 with my Scout, I kind of got that grindy vibe at first and also got steam rolled a few times but, once I learned anything red or up will most likely poke my eyes out and falcon punch my man satchel it became a lot easier to get exp. The grindy thing remained, but then I started harvesting all the resources I came across and started getting some skills, found a better weapon, and lost about 4 hours of my life roaming aimlessly for what felt like 30 minutes.

I was pleased to see resources encrusting every usable nook and cranny, wandering in a cave and finding ore nodes and glowing mushrooms. The game also feels fairly active, there's always something going on, or npc explorers doing things. I also get the feeling there's decent AI in place, I approached a rocky outcrop earlier and an undead popped out from behind it with a charged fireball waiting for my face. There seems to be ample gear and everything looks nice with the block style. I don't even feel like I scratched the surface yet and at the same time it still feels like it could be polished to be even better.

I'm having a fairly easy time with my Scout, Scouts have a chance to receive a charge instantly every time they attack which makes it really easy to stun things. You can get some nifty skills off the bat too, being able to aoe kick anything around you away with a chance of stun and being able to jump back. I'm on a hunt for a Boomerang at the moment, which I can craft one but I can't find the work benches I need, but Crossbows aren't so bad IMO.

Tips I've accumulated:
Loot village farms for produce
Make healing items at Campfires with the produce
Sleeping seems to speed the clock up
Make sure you tumble with your mouse 3
You spawn at the closest angel(?) statue when you die (assuming)
Take advantage of the fact you cannot backpedal, so even if you're running away you can look behind you without losing speed, great for kiting
Your Special can be charged (at least for Warrior and Rangers) by holding it
Witches & other casters can have painful laser beams
Even low level non-humanoid mobs seem to have a chance to drop equipment & blueprints
Caves have ore, gems, etc

All I can think of at the moment.

Also, I fought a large red Alpaca with a special name that spawned zombies and skeletons. Terrifying. I wish I could remember its name...

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2013, 10:05:38 pm »

If I remember properly, you spawn at the second closest angel statue. I'm a little bummed that I bought Gunpoint a few weeks ago (although that game is great, too), which means I won't be getting Cubeworld anytime soon. I'll be watching some gameplay of it for sure.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2013, 12:43:54 am »

A pyramid? That's new. Found one in my third "lands of" traveled to.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's a temple. Spiral stair leads deep underground. Orc Boss at the end. Drops a spirit.
Yep. I've come across pyramids in both the ocean and desert type areas. Ocean one was on an island. These things are massive though.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2013, 01:52:09 am »

How do you progress in this game? I get owned by every creature there is, and it's even worse after I run out of potions.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2013, 02:34:52 am »

Sleeping seems to speed the clock up

Going to an inn and talking to the innkeeper sets the clock to 7:00 AM too. So you can sleep at a bed to max your health out then reset time if you need to

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2013, 02:44:02 am »

NOT ANOTHER MINECRAFT ADVENTURE MODE RIPOFF!  :P

PTW
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2013, 11:49:03 am »

FUN AS FUCKING HELL!!!! LOVE THIS GAME!!!

I got a copy and DAMN is it fun and a little hard...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2013, 02:25:47 pm »

Pet foods are rare drops. Oceans are good for grinding.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2013, 02:56:53 pm »

how do you co op?

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2013, 03:51:16 pm »

I created an account on the website but havent been able to DL due to the thiungy being deactivated. Bummer for him, I might obtain it another way because I am impatient. If it's good and I am still playing it when his store comes back, i will throw him money.
I got nothing

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2013, 04:10:19 pm »

I created an account on the website but havent been able to DL due to the thiungy being deactivated. Bummer for him, I might obtain it another way because I am impatient. If it's good and I am still playing it when his store comes back, i will throw him money.

The server is down and you can still play the game after buying it. Hallelujah. Just gotta wait for that initial chance to buy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2013, 04:23:02 pm »

From the wiki page on camels:
'Camels are known in real life for their ability to store water in their humps.'
NOOOOOOOOOO! NONONO! GODAMMIT! BASIC FACT CHECKING!

Well it is true... So long as they say that is a myth.

Also I find it funny how much trouble CubeWorld is having.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 04:30:31 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19