Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72

Author Topic: The Market - Turn 21  (Read 80074 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 21
« Reply #1035 on: April 30, 2013, 09:44:36 am »

You have my blessing for your coupling.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 30, 2013, 09:55:20 am »

O_o

I meant...um. Ok, I guess it works in that context. XD

"...You do know that all the properties I've found could easily be traded off for food and amenities for the children, right Kaian?"

((I'll be having 1ap next turn if nothing goes wrong :P

How do we propose trades? Do they cost TUs?))

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 30, 2013, 10:25:14 am »

If I am right and it's 4+0, then that would be reduced to 3 for laborers.  If there's any sort of tech/tool that lowers that time further, it'll become hard to beat.

However, you'd need a bunch of them to subsist entirely on meat.  They'd make a great supplemental food source, though.
This is the way I'm reading it, and we need to take into consideration that chuckducks are presumably the most useless of animals, maybe they breed quicker than most.

After turn 30 (9 turns) we'll have four chucklings, so eight chuckducks, and their number will grow exponentially unless eaten.  Once I stop breeding them I plan to cut back to one or two and just butcher them each time they have offspring for cheap food that turn.

Hunting looks to be something that requires a high initial investment, which means there may be some amazing critters out there to find.  Do note GG implied there may be other resources besides food that can be obtained from them.
I hope :D

RAM
Griffionday, even with both of us a hunting trip would only have a 15% chance of finding anything, and even then there is no guarantee of being able to domesticate the critter, and I am in a hurry to finish my research, But I would be willing to go out on a hunting trip for the lulz if you want to host one next turn.
Well I'm trying to make it easier to guarantee domestication, and we might be able to order some primitive traps by the time my current research is done, so let's wait a bit on the hunting trip.

And I think anyone can pasture a domesticated animal, but even it it weren't it's a zero time cost so I could just do it for you.  Also I'm pretty sure animals can be traded as objects, they just have to be pastured at the end of the turn to survive.  So I'll just take one field for now?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 30, 2013, 10:27:31 am »

What do you plan to sell a set of chuckducks for?  I'd like to get in on that (assuming I can dig up some land)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 30, 2013, 10:33:55 am »

If I am right and it's 4+0, then that would be reduced to 3 for laborers.  If there's any sort of tech/tool that lowers that time further, it'll become hard to beat.

However, you'd need a bunch of them to subsist entirely on meat.  They'd make a great supplemental food source, though.
This is the way I'm reading it, and we need to take into consideration that chuckducks are presumably the most useless of animals, maybe they breed quicker than most.

After turn 30 (9 turns) we'll have four chucklings, so eight chuckducks, and their number will grow exponentially unless eaten.  Once I stop breeding them I plan to cut back to one or two and just butcher them each time they have offspring for cheap food that turn.

Hunting looks to be something that requires a high initial investment, which means there may be some amazing critters out there to find.  Do note GG implied there may be other resources besides food that can be obtained from them.
I hope :D

RAM
Griffionday, even with both of us a hunting trip would only have a 15% chance of finding anything, and even then there is no guarantee of being able to domesticate the critter, and I am in a hurry to finish my research, But I would be willing to go out on a hunting trip for the lulz if you want to host one next turn.
Well I'm trying to make it easier to guarantee domestication, and we might be able to order some primitive traps by the time my current research is done, so let's wait a bit on the hunting trip.

And I think anyone can pasture a domesticated animal, but even it it weren't it's a zero time cost so I could just do it for you.  Also I'm pretty sure animals can be traded as objects, they just have to be pastured at the end of the turn to survive.  So I'll just take one field for now?
I would not expect exponential growth, though I could be wrong... Well, exponential growth might be a thing if you have the empty fields to keep splitting the family...

And yes, I was having an awkward time phrasing it so I said next turn, but any time is good.

I am getting a bit confused over the whole trade, I will send you one empty plot because that is what you are saying.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: April 30, 2013, 10:49:29 am »

Toaster:
Well, finding someone who can get me traps are what I'm currently interested in.  But on the other hand that's a rather large time investment for a set of chuckducks.  If you're trying to become a crafter though it might be worth your time, especially as you can corner the market until it becomes saturated.  The first offspring are spoken for though, so it might make more sense to arrange things closer to when I'll have a spare to trade.

A thought if that's too long of a wait, you might be able to trade traps for first dibs of a successful hunting trip (we'll hash out the details if you're interested).  Hell I'd throw in free domestication/training of the animal if you equip a team of three or more hunters with traps for dibs on the animal. 

RAM:
I would not expect exponential growth, though I could be wrong... Well, exponential growth might be a thing if you have the empty fields to keep splitting the family...

And yes, I was having an awkward time phrasing it so I said next turn, but any time is good.

I am getting a bit confused over the whole trade, I will send you one empty plot because that is what you are saying.
The number of chuckducks will double each turn unless stuff happens to them, and considering that we'll probably be trading them away quickly finding empty fields may not be a issue (cattle disease is likely a card now though, so not truly exponential).

Thanks, and I'll send you the firstborn chuckducks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 30, 2013, 11:00:21 am »

Toaster:
Well, finding someone who can get me traps are what I'm currently interested in.  But on the other hand that's a rather large time investment for a set of chuckducks.  If you're trying to become a crafter though it might be worth your time, especially as you can corner the market until it becomes saturated.  The first offspring are spoken for though, so it might make more sense to arrange things closer to when I'll have a spare to trade.

A thought if that's too long of a wait, you might be able to trade traps for first dibs of a successful hunting trip (we'll hash out the details if you're interested).  Hell I'd throw in free domestication/training of the animal if you equip a team of three or more hunters with traps for dibs on the animal. 

Hmm... nah, I need to spend my spare time now on prospecting.  Perhaps I'll find something you'll want to trade for.  Or maybe just a food for a chuckduck, since it's a walking food that takes time to make edible.

The number of chuckducks will double each turn unless stuff happens to them, and considering that we'll probably be trading them away quickly finding empty fields may not be a issue (cattle disease is likely a card now though, so not truly exponential).

Plus we'll have to be careful on our expeditions- we want to make sure we don't step in something fowl!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 30, 2013, 11:28:06 am »

right before i post my turn: i plan to teach primitive work tools. for free to a1s, and for something, ideally food, to up to 3 other people.

GWG, can i get in on the companion planting in return for the promise of 1 food/1 actual food depending on what i get from teaching?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 30, 2013, 11:33:38 am »

I'm not interested in learning the tech, but I am extremely interested in a set of work tools.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 30, 2013, 11:34:58 am »

Not this turn i'm afraid. plus that would require payment in materials due to my lack of them.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 30, 2013, 02:05:25 pm »

Also, I remembered that Primitive Work Tools don't actually unlock anything, so that's suddenly a lot easier. :P
Glad to hear it. So what do they do? Decrease workload by 1 TU?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: April 30, 2013, 04:23:58 pm »

right before i post my turn: i plan to teach primitive work tools. for free to a1s, and for something, ideally food, to up to 3 other people.

Ill take you up on that offer, food for tech is always acceptable
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 30, 2013, 06:08:53 pm »

I'm not interested in learning the tech, but I am extremely interested in a set of work tools.
Well, you (or someone else) can have some primitive tools (the first set to exist, and the only for at least the next 2-3 turns), if you make a decent offer. I will be the final judge of which (if any) offer is best, but I'm generally interested in the following things:
food, wampoon and delite. I'm accepting promissories for future stuff.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 30, 2013, 06:35:27 pm »

The number of chuckducks will double each turn unless stuff happens to them
This is not a true statement!

Also, I remembered that Primitive Work Tools don't actually unlock anything, so that's suddenly a lot easier. :P
Glad to hear it. So what do they do? Decrease workload by 1 TU?
For resource activities, correct.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 30, 2013, 06:38:48 pm »

GWG, can i get in on the companion planting in return for the promise of 1 food/1 actual food depending on what i get from teaching?
You can take Talvara's place.

I want to learn companion planting, for a food?
You can take your own place. I'll make space.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72