Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1756762 times)

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11790 on: October 10, 2014, 09:04:57 am »

Nor can it be called the war that 'Poland started without provokation or reason'

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11791 on: October 10, 2014, 12:22:54 pm »

Farage says UKIP could hold balance of power in 2015 after thrashing the conservatives in the by-election and getting 600 votes away from winning a labour stronghold.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: October 10, 2014, 12:29:10 pm »

Pretty much. Voter turnout's hopefully gonna be higher in the national elections, so the fringe-voters won't be so over-represented anymore.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11793 on: October 10, 2014, 01:49:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Can't believe I missed the Monster Raving Loonies.

Pretty much. Voter turnout's hopefully gonna be higher in the national elections, so the fringe-voters won't be so over-represented anymore.
South West and South East are going bloody well strong. Farage can shit rainbows and drink beer and has the ability to appear human, something politicians have dreamt of doing for decades. After years of people saying UKIP have reached their peak and are going to subside and years of UKIP only growing larger I'm just going to wait until they're finally dead before passing judgement. Don't cook your chicken before its head's hacked off.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: October 10, 2014, 02:48:43 pm »

Cant see UKIP holding out so well when turn outs rise for the GE. Their successes are always associated with low voter numbers, or other extenuating circumstances - like this weeks victory, where people simply voted in the incumbent who happened to switch parties. They voted for him, not for UKIP.
This is a blank sig.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11795 on: October 10, 2014, 02:56:27 pm »

WTI oil $84.3 per barrel
Brent oil $88.9 per barrel

Year of prices no higher than that. Please :)
hahaha nope
._.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11796 on: October 10, 2014, 03:00:57 pm »

WTI oil $84.3 per barrel

hahaha nope
I wouldn't read too much into that. As the article states, this is short-term volatility caused by people covering short sells. I think the general trend will continue downward for a while longer. Would be surprised to see it go below $80/bbl though.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11797 on: October 10, 2014, 03:06:21 pm »

bloody hell, we haven't had reasonable oil prices since the 90s

push it down to $40 a pop and we'll be talking

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: October 10, 2014, 03:15:06 pm »

Belgium's new government is designed to make the country split. The only french-speaking party that became part of it got all the problematic posts. Either they'll go against the government or they will face revolt in Brussels and wallonia. Either way the separatists win big time.

And since there already isn't enough money to make everything work, they are doomedto fail.

Nice maneuver. 
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: October 10, 2014, 04:50:43 pm »

WTI oil $84.3 per barrel

hahaha nope
I prefer to look at long term graphs, not at daily fluctuations :)

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11800 on: October 10, 2014, 05:14:38 pm »

Belgium's new government is designed to make the country split. The only french-speaking party that became part of it got all the problematic posts. Either they'll go against the government or they will face revolt in Brussels and wallonia. Either way the separatists win big time.

And since there already isn't enough money to make everything work, they are doomedto fail.

Nice maneuver.
But who'll get the Brussels? After all, that's the most important part of Belgium.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: October 10, 2014, 05:18:33 pm »

Pfff. Brussels should become independent from both
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #11802 on: October 10, 2014, 06:02:18 pm »

Well brussels speak French near exclusively, so it'll go with wallonia. It's too small to be independant, and the separatits are furiously against giving it more land.

It's very stupid, because Brussels really doesn't exist independantly from Belgium, a big number of Waals and Flemish work there, study there,...

And the crisis is going to hit like a truck above all that : Germany is likely to go into a recession, a direct result of their austerity policy, and that mean that Europe will probably follow.

On the bright side, Nato now have a Casus Belli with Russia, which have plenty of oil and natural gaz, interior unrest and a decaying military. That'd give us a way to solve the lack of demand and the energy crisis in one go....
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11803 on: October 10, 2014, 06:26:00 pm »

Well brussels speak French near exclusively, so it'll go with wallonia. It's too small to be independant, and the separatits are furiously against giving it more land.

It's very stupid, because Brussels really doesn't exist independantly from Belgium, a big number of Waals and Flemish work there, study there,...

And the crisis is going to hit like a truck above all that : Germany is likely to go into a recession, a direct result of their austerity policy, and that mean that Europe will probably follow.

On the bright side, Nato now have a Casus Belli with Russia, which have plenty of oil and natural gaz, interior unrest and a decaying military. That'd give us a way to solve the lack of demand and the energy crisis in one go....
"interior unrest"? Where?
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11804 on: October 10, 2014, 07:02:54 pm »

"interior unrest"? Where?

Might be referring to Chechenya and other places.

Also, what Causus Belli? Russia hasn't done anything yet to warrant a Causus Belli, it's been Cold War level maneuvering and other stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 1393