Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1747476 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #7080 on: June 29, 2014, 01:34:48 pm »

Life isn't fair, but the discussions must be fair, or else they won't be helpful for anyone.
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: June 29, 2014, 01:40:19 pm »

i wish you the best of luck in enforcing your fairness for it is a thing that is never-shaped in a sign of appreciation for the time it has happened

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: June 29, 2014, 03:14:55 pm »

Actually, I think ivze is a ethnic Russian living in Ukraine.

Now guys, I'd like to remind you to chill. We don't want this thread to be locked.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: June 29, 2014, 03:16:23 pm »

Looks like Ukraine flamewar over forums is inevitable as long as the whole thing lasts.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Lav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: June 29, 2014, 03:30:10 pm »

Looks like Ukraine flamewar over forums is inevitable as long as the whole thing lasts.
That's natural. There's too much emotional investment, and the lack of objective information in mass media (Russia, Europe and US included, and I won't even touch the cesspit that's current Ukrainian and separatist press) results in highly polarized discussions on the Net, with participants effectively living in very different universes.

Anyway, not that it matters in the long term - my bet is currently on Kiev losing the war, mostly due to internal reasons than any military action by separatists. By the end of the year if Poroshenko stays, within a month or two if he gets ousted by Maidan for being "too soft".

Sorry for the derail, but I didn't know you were a Bay12er Lav (I recognize you from Taleworlds).
I'm everywhere! :-D
Seems to be the way with things on this forum; if an invention doesn't involve death by magma then you know someone's going to go out of their way to make sure it does involve death by magma... then it gets acknowledged as being a great invention.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: June 29, 2014, 03:39:57 pm »

Actually, those evil separatists who, as some people here claim, prevent us from learning the opinion of Eastern Ukraine, started by organizing a referendum to ask for the opinion of people of Eastern Ukraine. And they did invite whatever observers wished to attend.

Canada is the traditional neutral/international observer of Ukrainian elections in the post-soviet era.  They act as the trusted neutral party in all the other constitutional crisis.  The result of Canada's observations of what the "referendum" in Eastern Ukraine is to call for sanctions on Russia.

It's not that the separatists haven't been given a fair chance.  They've been given a fair chance and the honest observers have noted that they are trying to suppress the will of the majority their extra-legal and violent means.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: June 29, 2014, 03:42:10 pm »

Canada is soooo neutral, given their completely and undoubtedly un-oppressive friendly neighbors have a very specific point of view.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: June 29, 2014, 03:45:06 pm »

thing being, nobody here is neutral

even if you took a country like kiribati which has no reason to give a quarter a fuck about what happens in the ukraine it's just going to pushed into a side by promises of somebody draining the ocean a couple meters or some other shit

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: June 29, 2014, 03:46:04 pm »

even if you took a country like kiribati which has no reason to give a quarter a fuck about what happens in the ukraine it's just going to pushed into a side by promises of somebody draining the ocean a couple meters or some other shit

Yes, this is so goddamn right.
Sigs

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: June 29, 2014, 03:48:55 pm »

I am, but anything I would say would only fuel the flames even more.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: June 29, 2014, 03:52:51 pm »

The fact is, anything is fueling the flamewar.
Sigs

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: June 29, 2014, 03:53:15 pm »

I am, but anything I would say would only fuel the flames even more.

are you trying to get a random government to bribe you

you cheeky bugger

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: June 29, 2014, 03:54:25 pm »

Aliens
._.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: June 29, 2014, 04:01:09 pm »

Aliens
Actually spies working for the US since first contact in Roswell.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: June 29, 2014, 04:18:47 pm »

Anyway, not that it matters in the long term - my bet is currently on Kiev losing the war, mostly due to internal reasons than any military action by separatists. By the end of the year if Poroshenko stays, within a month or two if he gets ousted by Maidan for being "too soft".
I think that without Russian military intervention, Novorossiya will be crushed sooner or later. Even though the Ukrainian leadership is rather incompetent, the pro-Russian forces are still outnumbered and outgunned. Deliveries of small arms and RPGs and occasional APC or a couple of old tanks from Russia won't help them much in the long term.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 04:20:37 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 1393