Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 72

Author Topic: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard  (Read 99591 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard
« Reply #855 on: May 12, 2013, 03:48:30 pm »

What if our gobbos (excluding the Fellaxe one) earn the night there (and food) by working on the fields?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 12, 2013, 03:51:35 pm »

My vote goes to burn the fields more physical damage then attacking the dang tree thank of the economic effect and the fire will spread hopefully even to the tree and start a few fires and run like heck less risk.
...So? We were told to pierce the Tree's bark, so we will pierce the Tree's bark.
Exactly. And nothing more. But not before getting to know the tree and its surrounding a bit better.
Which does not reuire setting it on fire.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 12, 2013, 04:01:56 pm »

Why should we start a religious war with burning down the fields of a sanctuary?
The worst thing in our own history are religious wars. Shouldn't we know it better?

We don't even know what happens when we piece the bark.
Maybe the tree will just lose his leafes and the priests will accept it as their gods doing
(as long as they don't find out that WE are responsible, which COULD start a war, too).

What if our gobbos (excluding the Fellaxe one) earn the night there (and food) by working on the fields?

I like this.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 12, 2013, 04:02:33 pm »

oops

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 12, 2013, 04:24:35 pm »

God of death is normally god of precious things...
also, he may not collect our souls.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #860 on: May 12, 2013, 04:36:27 pm »

...what?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 12, 2013, 04:37:03 pm »

also, he may not collect our souls.
You are talking about Hades, right? He was the God of precious things because his realm was under the earth, where precious metals where. We don't know which is the realm where souls go in the afterlife, so we can't assume Fellhawk is also th God of precious things.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 12, 2013, 05:55:01 pm »

i seem to recall that most of our tribe is made of people who were hunted by people who worship the god of life.

OP: can we get some backround on the reltaions and events between our two relegions?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 12, 2013, 06:02:07 pm »

You'll still do better by not torching fields and hence living another day.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 12, 2013, 06:31:21 pm »

Let's not frce the conflict. Maybe it will arrive soon anyway, and we won't be able to starve them to death beacause, well, they worship a god who can make fruit pop out form anywhere (presumably). Also, Iwold like to not face a pack of furious animals every time we go hunting.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 12, 2013, 07:35:45 pm »

Just grr every war every warband every attack in ancient history if theirs a fortified target believed to risky to take on you know what the assaulters do burn the fields ravage the country side and leave devastating the enemies economy not allowing them to retaliate. Also who says the god of life controls the animals just saying in most polytheistic religions every God sort of had their own animals. That also makes a point do we know what kind of animals that are fell hawks avatars per say. Also does fell hawk being the God of death allow us to excersise necromantic acts?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 12, 2013, 08:11:29 pm »

Just grr every war every warband every attack in ancient history if theirs a fortified target believed to risky to take on you know what the assaulters do burn the fields ravage the country side and leave devastating the enemies economy not allowing them to retaliate.
On the other hand, we're not at war.

Also who says the god of life controls the animals just saying in most polytheistic religions every God sort of had their own animals. That also makes a point do we know what kind of animals that are fell hawks avatars per say.
...Hawks?

Also does fell hawk being the God of death allow us to excersise necromantic acts?
Yes. This was established in the beginning.
Sig

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 12, 2013, 08:25:55 pm »

Just grr every war every warband every attack in ancient history if theirs a fortified target believed to risky to take on you know what the assaulters do burn the fields ravage the country side and leave devastating the enemies economy not allowing them to retaliate.
On the other hand, we're not at war.

Also who says the god of life controls the animals just saying in most polytheistic religions every God sort of had their own animals. That also makes a point do we know what kind of animals that are fell hawks avatars per say.
...Hawks?

Also does fell hawk being the God of death allow us to excersise necromantic acts?
Yes. This was established in the beginning.

hopefuly we'll get a necromancer soon (Monty maybe?)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 12, 2013, 10:44:49 pm »

Cheese are you seriously still wanting attacking them? Honestly if you think that's a good idea you are an idiot. If you want a reason why, well 1. We have about 4 people who can actually fight and 2. We'd be alerting the very people who chased us away the first time. Sure we could weaken one group of them but in the meantime we'd alert all the other who would happily chase down our little village and kill or imprison everyone, and finally we aren't a warband we are a dinky little village that has no business creating any form of agression. Do I need to keep going? -_-
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 12, 2013, 10:46:26 pm »

I am opposed to revealing ourselves in any way to the lifies. At best our presence will be suspiciously convenient, at worst our entire group, axe and all, will be rounded up for being suspicious.
I am opposed to burning the fields, I would rather get in and out without making a scene. Of course, the gods will probably make a scene and ruin everything for us, but at least we can blame our actions on a divine edict and try to get off with a demeaning conversion and some indentured servitude...
Let the single parent have both the deerples it is defending, we already tried to divide its attention and that didn't work. We still get a deerple out of it and hopefully some better spears are on their way. We could even try feeding the single parent...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 72