Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 72

Author Topic: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard  (Read 99593 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard
« Reply #840 on: May 12, 2013, 12:21:01 pm »

Still don't. Where are they? I might change my plans if there are drakelings...hatchlings...puppies? No, that's silly for any form of life except dogs.
Base of the tree at the center south of the pond area
Oh, okay. I suggest that if possible, a hunter try to catch one so we can raise a baby Ridgeback!
We should come later to do that, with far more people and better equipment. An angry mother is something we don't want.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 12, 2013, 12:58:42 pm »

Hey relatively New Member here long time lurker Ive been following this thread with intrest for a long time and I just wanted to say what an awesome Job Evil Lincoln is doing here as a GM.

Also Suggestion for scouting party.
Raze the fields i mean i know its violent but Fellhawks the God of Death correct so we can assume life is his enemy so causing damage to its servants would gain us favor in the eyes of Fell Hawk. While are small scouting party we can assume is numerically at a disadvantage making a full frontal assalut unadvisable at best but we could still cause significant damage if we burn and run if the fire spreads we could delay pursuit. Also we could push the blame on miscellaneous raiders assuming no one sees the fell axe.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 12, 2013, 01:09:34 pm »

Hey relatively New Member here long time lurker Ive been following this thread with intrest for a long time and I just wanted to say what an awesome Job Evil Lincoln is doing here as a GM.

Also Suggestion for scouting party.
Raze the fields i mean i know its violent but Fellhawks the God of Death correct so we can assume life is his enemy so causing damage to its servants would gain us favor in the eyes of Fell Hawk. While are small scouting party we can assume is numerically at a disadvantage making a full frontal assalut unadvisable at best but we could still cause significant damage if we burn and run if the fire spreads we could delay pursuit. Also we could push the blame on miscellaneous raiders assuming no one sees the fell axe.

i dunno, the task is to "kill" the tree with the axe, sure razing the fields is evil and will probably give us favor with fellhawk but i dont see us succseeding in our main task if eveyone is running around because of a fire and without doubt noticing there's a party of goblins nearby who by chance are wielding an evil axe.

i suggest we either wait 'till nightfall and watch the patrols (if there are any) for the right time to use the axe without them knowing, or we could bury the axe nearby and pretend to be pilgrims and wait for the right time to use the axe at night, this option i highly doubt will succseed since they might either sense we're not life worshipers or goblins being horrible acters they are wount be able to fool anyone :P 

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 12, 2013, 01:19:54 pm »

I was simply noting the economic damage of burning those fields as well as the long term losses assuming surrounding villages depend on these fields for sustenance we could cause a lot of death by starvation and what not gaining us favor with fell hawk.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #844 on: May 12, 2013, 01:29:14 pm »

Neh, there's othing about burning fields i fellhawks request. Also it brings attention to us, when we might otherwise escape notice.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 12, 2013, 01:34:14 pm »

Neh, there's othing about burning fields i fellhawks request. Also it brings attention to us, when we might otherwise escape notice.
Also, Rule #1.

And, seriously, just because Fellhawk is a God of Death doesn't mean he's idiotically, stupidly evul.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 12, 2013, 01:42:38 pm »

so we have 2 options then

1st: infiltrate the temple as pilgrims and bury the fellaxe outside or leave one person outside with the fellaxe and wait for the right time and signal him.

2nd: wait for nightfall and sneak to the base of the trunk to use the fellaxe and retreat as fast as possible

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 12, 2013, 01:49:29 pm »

Gather info.
And leave the babies alone, for whatever's sake.
AND NO BURNING FIELDS! We did not come for this!

EDIT: Damn you GWG, I got lost on TVTropes again!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 03:44:18 pm by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 12, 2013, 02:43:14 pm »

My vote goes to burn the fields more physical damage then attacking the dang tree thank of the economic effect and the fire will spread hopefully even to the tree and start a few fires and run like heck less risk.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 12, 2013, 02:59:30 pm »

I want to point out something: serving a God of Death doesn't mean that we have to fight the God of Life to death1. These people here are not our enemies (or at least yet), so we have no motives to burn their fields or whatever. In fact, we can even trade with them. The idea of my former plan is to appear as if our group has nothing to do with the death of the tree, which will make them less suspicious, as they were with the priests when everything happened.

Also, we aren't in conditions to fight anything right now, so lets try to not make enemies.

1. We can even stablish an agreement with them in which we take care of those who suffer, granting them a swift death, while they can provide us food or excess cattle. I'm assuming that followers of a life god won't kill by mercy anything.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 12, 2013, 03:21:12 pm »

Yup,
Quote from:  Exact mission statement
"My followers, I have bestowed upon you the Fellaxe 
so that you may use it to free the ancient tree in the ash forest. The tree has prayed to me to be released from life and I have chosen you to answer its prayers. Simply pierce the bark of the tree with the Fellaxe and the deed will be done."

Our goal is not to kill stuff, but to ensure that the cycle of life continues. The gift of death is one of mercy, not cruelity.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 12, 2013, 03:39:23 pm »

Gah, so cute.

Okay, fine, the single parent ridgeback can have everything.

Not evrything. Just the one it is protecting. The other two (or at least the one by the lake ) are ours

Oh and don't try to take the pups (cubs?)! Never seperate a wild aniomal from its offspring! especialy not when we can't fight it off
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 12, 2013, 03:42:30 pm »

My vote goes to burn the fields more physical damage then attacking the dang tree thank of the economic effect and the fire will spread hopefully even to the tree and start a few fires and run like heck less risk.
...So? We were told to pierce the Tree's bark, so we will pierce the Tree's bark.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 12, 2013, 03:45:13 pm »

Yeah. I see Death and Life as things that complement each other. Anyway, we can't just tell the priests that that tree wants to die, so why we should kill it without them noticing.

Also: no burning of stuff. No taking cubs away from their parents unless we know how to raise them. (Hats are ok).

I'm reconsidering what's the benefit of worshipping a God of Death. I hope that, at least, zombies should provide a cheap free workforce.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 12, 2013, 03:46:01 pm »

...So? We were told to pierce the Tree's bark, so we will pierce the Tree's bark.
Exactly. And nothing more. But not before getting to know the tree and its surrounding a bit better.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 72