Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 131831 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 1 - Planning Mode
« Reply #540 on: March 04, 2013, 07:46:07 pm »

I am going to downvote the next two teams.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 04, 2013, 08:11:54 pm »

Dude. You're trying to tell me 7 different players are town. That's not even possible.
This is pretty ironic considering you've accused seven different players of being being spies on this very page.  At least Tiruin's maths is only off by one.

The only non-Captain Ford player who you haven't accused in the past page is NQT, incidentally, which I find pretty mindboggling considering his "I'll lurk and then vote whatever benefits my team" approach to the past two votes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 3 - Planning Mode
« Reply #542 on: March 04, 2013, 09:24:48 pm »

Yeah, since I'm 99% certain ZU and NQT are spies it looks like Toaster is going to be deciding the team, for me at least.  If one of the next two teams passes I'm drilling my brains out and letting everybody have some.

Captain Ford definitely wins the triple agent award though, great job.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 04, 2013, 10:15:57 pm »

Tiruin:
Also, I actually -am- upvoting despite my hint back there.

Tiruin: Down

Care to explain, scumbag?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 04, 2013, 10:41:43 pm »

Busy week and stuff.

IMO I think the spies are LS, Toony, and Toaster. I've said this before. Thus I don't want to default the choice to Toaster.

Ford's last few posts have been full of wtf. Ford: please explain your final decision and your decisions leading up to it.

But Dariush I'm a rebel so by your logic LS has to be a rebel as well.
Case Closed.  ::) :P

I honestly don't know what Tiruin is getting at, but I think he's mostly confused town. Though I have no idea what he's talking about with "his team" and stuff.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 05, 2013, 12:37:02 am »

Dude. You're trying to tell me 7 different players are town. That's not even possible.
This is pretty ironic considering you've accused seven different players of being being spies on this very page.
I don't think so. I've been consistent about what I believe. I have only been elucidating about logic and hypotheticals. That's not the same. I haven't used any of that to justify a vote like Tiruin did.

I had a really shitty day yesterday. I invited people over, prepared food for them, and nobody fucking came. I called them, nobody answered. Turns out they thought I hadn't specified a day (and didn't say anything for a week), and made other plans. I'm trying not to hold it against them, but I'm really ticked off over it, and when I got up this morning I was exceptionally out of it after spending a day alone in the dead of winter. I am, at heart, a very indecisive person, and you got a little glimpse of that this morning and over the course of the weekend. It's rather unsightly, and it probably happened because I got both a little too comfortable and a little too depressed to care.

In the end I didn't like the way I'd been talked into doubting my own reads and picking up somebody else's, and decided to reassert my own opinions. This felt way too much like the way I'd been talked into the second mission, and I'm just having trouble trusting LS as the leader to unite under.

And I don't understand why anyone would be hesitant to let Toaster draft the team. If he was a spy, that last team would have lost the game. (Personally, I don't see why NQT or ZU couldn't also put up an all-rebel team, maybe even the same one)
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 05, 2013, 06:42:06 am »

And I don't understand why anyone would be hesitant to let Toaster draft the team. If he was a spy, that last team would have lost the game. (Personally, I don't see why NQT or ZU couldn't also put up an all-rebel team, maybe even the same one)
The reason I'd rather not have Toaster draft the team is because that means we'd have no chance to crosscheck it.  If he makes a mistake, even an obvious mistake that the town could have spotted, then we lose with no chance to prevent it.

NQT and ZU are spies who downvoted the previous team, so I don't see why they'd put out the same team or any all-rebel team considering the lengths they went to to torpedo the last one.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 05, 2013, 08:45:06 am »

Then let me go ahead and give the first draft of what my team would be:

Captain Ford
ToonyMan
Toaster
Dariush

It's just Leaf's team with Nerjin replaced with Toony.

I don't trust NQT and I'm pretty sure at this point ZU is a spy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 05, 2013, 09:01:18 am »

Then let me go ahead and give the first draft of what my team would be:

Captain Ford
ToonyMan
Toaster
Dariush

It's just Leaf's team with Nerjin replaced with Toony.

Srsly? I mean, SRSLY? You would seriously swap out one of the two people who are almost guaranteed town in favor of the fuckhole that is Toony?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 05, 2013, 09:11:23 am »

Hey, Dariush.  You just downvoted my team.  You don't get to complain.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 05, 2013, 10:07:50 am »

Srsly? I mean, SRSLY? You would seriously swap out one of the two people who are almost guaranteed town in favor of the fuckhole that is Toony?

Srsly.

This is why I'm sounding out opinions ahead of time.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 05, 2013, 12:21:18 pm »

IMO I think the spies are LS, Toony, and Toaster. I've said this before. Thus I don't want to default the choice to Toaster.
Out of the three I picked, you do know you're the most likely to be a spy, right?  And you're just trying to win Dariush and Ford's votes (which somehow WORKED).

I honestly don't know what Tiruin is getting at, but I think he's mostly confused town. Though I have no idea what he's talking about with "his team" and stuff.
Because he's your spy partner!!!

Tiruin:
Also, I actually -am- upvoting despite my hint back there.
Tiruin: Down
Care to explain, scumbag?
Fucking QFT everything

Make a team already NQT so I can down-vote it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 05, 2013, 12:26:34 pm »

If Dariush and Ford side with the spies again it's our lost though.  It's like the rebels are in the minority.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 05, 2013, 01:36:09 pm »

There is literally no all-rebel team that Dariush or Ford will upvote

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 05, 2013, 02:26:57 pm »

Oh! It'sa me, NQTio!

I know I haven't given this game nearly as much attention as I ought to have, but now I'm actually going to re-read the entire thread and post up my full reads plus a bit of vote analysis, and then my suggested team. So expect something from me some time in the next six hours. In the mean-time, if anyone around wants to give me their best suggestions or arguments, that would be great.

Just quickly, if it wasn't clear already I only down-voted the previous team because of the fact it was proposed by LS, who seems the most spy on account of being on two failing teams. I know full well that there's every chance he's fine and that the team he suggested could have been full-town, but I didn't want to take that chance. Especially, as the more failed teams we have, the more info the rebels have and the more info we have, the more likely we are to make the right choice for the next mission as we only have this one chance to get it right. Does that sound at all reasonable?

Excuses:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 67