Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 127387 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 3 - Planning Mode
« Reply #630 on: March 07, 2013, 12:21:45 pm »

Hmm....

I might need to completely rethink everything.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 07, 2013, 12:29:02 pm »

Oooh oooh can I predict what the vote turn-out will look like?  *Ahem*

Everybody but the spy team shook their head in disbelief that this game was being extended so pitifully.  ToonyMan drilled his brains out and Dariush jumped off a cliff screaming,"fuuuuuuuCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".

The team:
Tiruin
Nerjin
ToonyMan
NQT

Has been rejected by a vote of 6 to 3. The vote breakdown follows:
notquitethere: Up
Captain Ford: Up
Tiruin: Up

Nerjin: Down
ToonyMan: Down
Toaster: Down
Leafsnail: Down
Zombie Urist: Down
Dariush: Failed to Vote. Effective Vote: Down

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 07, 2013, 12:46:44 pm »

Hm, an interesting one. I hope you know what you're doing, NQT.

Upvoting.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 07, 2013, 12:54:45 pm »

You could've gone with Toaster :/

I mean, I guess its only me who does know that there is one (not me, but who'd believe me now?) spy in the first mission - not him, leaning mostly on that.

Hmm....

I might need to completely rethink everything.
What have you been thinking anyway?

@Toony: One. Spy. First. Mission.

Oooh oooh can I predict what the vote turn-out will look like?  *Ahem*

Everybody but the spy team shook their head in disbelief that this game was being extended so pitifully.  ToonyMan drilled his brains out and Dariush jumped off a cliff screaming,"fuuuuuuuCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".

The team:
Tiruin
Nerjin
ToonyMan
NQT

Has been rejected by a vote of 6 to 3. The vote breakdown follows:
notquitethere: Up
Captain Ford: Up
Tiruin: Up

Nerjin: Down
ToonyMan: Down
Toaster: Down
Leafsnail: Down
Zombie Urist: Down
Dariush: Failed to Vote. Effective Vote: Down
So Nerjin fails to vote forever and ever and Dariush actually votes yes?

I'm convinced that Tiruin voted like a town and her arguments that that's not logical only convince me further. We'll find out at the end of the game whether this is a rational way of deciding things. For now, I think it's too big a coincidence to ignore. Picking her precludes taking Toaster, and so I'm going to go with the team as it stands:

Tiruin
Nerjin
Toonyman
NQT

Rebels Assemble!

I'd cheer that someone actually pierced the veil of scrunity and actually caught my role, but...I'm really confused why you didn't shift for Toaster/Ford, still.

Standing question to those who seem like they won't answer [preferably @ ToonyMan]: Why do illogical statements in this game seem to denote a spy instead of town?

Fixed that for ya. I'm downvoting mainly because of NQT being well... there. Very little you said yesterday made coherent sense and I just don't trust it.
So other than all this, why don't you?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 07, 2013, 01:30:07 pm »

Hm, an interesting one. I hope you know what you're doing, NQT.

Upvoting.
Bahahaha.  At the very least, I thought Tiruin was a no-go?

@Toony: One. Spy. First. Mission.
That's why putting Toaster and Leafsnail on the same team is also wrong.  It's more likely to just be you.  I'm not disagreeing here.

Standing question to those who seem like they won't answer [preferably @ ToonyMan]: Why do illogical statements in this game seem to denote a spy instead of town?
And now you're calling your own statements illogical?  I really don't understand.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 07, 2013, 01:46:08 pm »

And now you're calling your own statements illogical?  I really don't understand.
That's what others perceive, but obviously I wouldn't follow something illogical in my mind - mine just follow a path of logic that goes against what the status quo follows in this game, giving off that idea. Why are you evading the question?

No-go?

That's why putting Toaster and Leafsnail on the same team is also wrong.  It's more likely to just be you.  I'm not disagreeing here.
I don't get how you concluded this. And I don't get how you're concluding its just me. Its obvious that you aren't disagreeing, but could you explain that and why you believe so? Also, how am I a spy judging by my reactions?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 07, 2013, 01:56:18 pm »

That's what others perceive, but obviously I wouldn't follow something illogical in my mind - mine just follow a path of logic that goes against what the status quo follows in this game, giving off that idea. Why are you evading the question?
I'm not.  I think it's because you're a spy.

No-go?
You're on Dariush's spy team.

I don't get how you concluded this. And I don't get how you're concluding its just me. Its obvious that you aren't disagreeing, but could you explain that and why you believe so? Also, how am I a spy judging by my reactions?
Because you claim to know more than you possibly could.  Because you're a spy.  If you're mad that I'm right then stop complaining.  If you're mad that I'm wrong then please stop using illogical statements.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 1 - Planning Mode
« Reply #637 on: March 07, 2013, 02:03:11 pm »

Tiruin:
Also, I actually -am- upvoting despite my hint back there.
Tiruin: Down
Care to explain, scumbag?
You never answered Toaster's question either.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 07, 2013, 02:05:57 pm »

How do you know ZU isn't a spy?  link=topic=122540.msg4066492#msg4066492 date=1362057754]
I realise my statement might have been ambiguous: I only meant to indicate that you were consistently wrong about me and you'd also suspected ZU. I don't know if ZU is scum, he's certainly a good candidate though. He upvoted both scum teams but I know that that sort of thing means nothing to you guys.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 07, 2013, 02:08:31 pm »

How do you know ZU isn't a spy?  link=topic=122540.msg4066492#msg4066492 date=1362057754]
I realise my statement might have been ambiguous: I only meant to indicate that you were consistently wrong about me and you'd also suspected ZU. I don't know if ZU is scum, he's certainly a good candidate though. He upvoted both scum teams but I know that that sort of thing means nothing to you guys.

Yes and his vote flip doesn't seal the deal does it scum-boy?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 1 - Planning Mode
« Reply #640 on: March 07, 2013, 02:12:58 pm »

Tiruin:
Also, I actually -am- upvoting despite my hint back there.
Tiruin: Down
Care to explain, scumbag?
You never answered Toaster's question either.
@Toaster asking me about my upvote/downvote thing: I did tell you I'd state the truth in anything I'd do.

Given Tiruin's incredibly terrible responses just now, I'm ... man, oh man. Tiruin and LS both being spies is a crazy possibility, but not an impossibility.
I'm using reverse psychology. Blatant ones, and yet people perceive that as scumminess. Joy, isn't it?
I highlighted my answer. In hindsight, I should've stated this.

Could you answer my questions and others' after it? The lack of answers at this point of time (granted, there is a time limit on the justification of the team) really isn't helping your case...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 07, 2013, 02:14:08 pm »

EBWOP: Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Because you claim to know more than you possibly could.  Because you're a spy.  If you're mad that I'm right then stop complaining.  If you're mad that I'm wrong then please stop using illogical statements.
I claim to know more? How? By saying that there are more town than spies in my earlier musings? You know, in seperating nearly null to ambiguous reads, its more preferable to put them in the innocent section than label them as spies, saving them for possible questioning later on. No, I'm not mad whether you're right or wrong - the right part doesn't make sense though.

Like I said, explain. Why do illogical statements in this game seem to denote a spy instead of town?

Why do you think I'm a spy. Is it so hard for you to answer this other than beat around the bush?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 07, 2013, 02:24:46 pm »

This is why Dariush saying he would down-vote his own team awhile ago was a really bad move.  It doesn't matter if it's sarcasm, it could easily be REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY or more likely a scum vote-hopping.

everything
Holy fuck

I claim to know more? How? By saying that there are more town than spies in my earlier musings?
YOU KEEP INSISTING THAT THE FIRST FAILED MISSION ONLY HAS ONE SPY.

HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU KNOW THAT

You know, in seperating nearly null to ambiguous reads, its more preferable to put them in the innocent section than label them as spies, saving them for possible questioning later on. No, I'm not mad whether you're right or wrong - the right part doesn't make sense though.
What???

Like I said, explain. Why do illogical statements in this game seem to denote a spy instead of town?
BECAUSE YOU'RE NUTS

ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS AND LOGICAL FALLACIES ARE SCUMTELLS

Why do you think I'm a spy. Is it so hard for you to answer this other than beat around the bush?
I AM NOT BEATING AROUND THE BUSH

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 07, 2013, 02:29:30 pm »

Toony, I wouldn't bother.  He's ignoring me saying it too.

Also let me go ahead and call bullshit on reverse psychology.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 07, 2013, 02:42:54 pm »

I claim to know more? How? By saying that there are more town than spies in my earlier musings?
YOU KEEP INSISTING THAT THE FIRST FAILED MISSION ONLY HAS ONE SPY.

HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU KNOW THAT
> It would be hard enough to see that if Toaster/LS was scum - they'd both sabotage. I know I didn't sabotage.
> This would also lead to me outing myself as scum if you believe either Toaster/LS did not sabotage. Cheers to me also poking you on that manner because this was what I was thinking you were telling me.
> It would also be hard enough to ask you why assume that there were two spies in the first mission as this also goes on "Claim to know more."
> I was stating something more definite than any other of these guesses. Process of discarding truths. I know I'm not the saboteur - problem is me convincing others. I also believe it would be a deathblow to the general public if Toaster and LS were spies, thus me discarding it in favor of such. The ratio is 6:3, so I'm going with the simpler reasoning.

Hence me stating: One spy first mission.

Toony, I wouldn't bother.  He's ignoring me saying it too.

Also let me go ahead and call bullshit on reverse psychology.
Let me also call BS on how you count me out as scum without reasoning why other than a gut read. I already stated what I would do. No, I'm not ignoring that.

I AM NOT BEATING AROUND THE BUSH
Toony. Don't get me wrong in thinking that I already know of those cases. What I'm asking is based on a definitive. Those links lean on possibilities. I'm poking the idea that you're stating that I'm scum. That's all.

Because you shifted from "I think you are..." to a "You are." state.

This is why Dariush saying he would down-vote his own team awhile ago was a really bad move.  It doesn't matter if it's sarcasm, it could easily be REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY or more likely a scum vote-hopping.
Not. Vote. Hopping.

Let's address the manner point blank. I stated that I think LS is a spy. I also stated that, while unsure, Dariush is a spy. I said I did approve it, I mean, look at what I said about Dariush.

Quote from: Toaster
Given Tiruin's incredibly terrible responses just now, I'm ... man, oh man. Tiruin and LS both being spies is a crazy possibility, but not an impossibility.

I'm using reverse psychology. Blatant ones, and yet people perceive that as scumminess. Joy, isn't it?
I counted him as also pointing to my reasoning on the vote.

BECAUSE YOU'RE NUTS

ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS AND LOGICAL FALLACIES ARE SCUMTELLS
I mean HOW in THIS GAME are they scumtells? You've no other way of proving something than stating it to the public and having them scrutinize it. You also have no power in order to give a role or discern what others would do, just YOUR OWN IDEA. This is MY POINT.

You don't have to get worked up about it all. I'm really guessing there was a misinterpretation somewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 67