Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 127119 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 3 - Planning Mode
« Reply #615 on: March 07, 2013, 12:50:29 am »

I have no idea what's going on at this point.

NQT: Pleeeease replace Toony and NQT and with Ford and Dariush

What does ducks have to do with anything?

Also I always thought Tiruin was male and just put female otherwise. I dunno lol.

Two things: Gender = IRRELEVANT! Stop discussing it.

Secondly, I fixed your post. Though I don't trust Ford, I trust him much more than you and NQT.

PPE:

@Ford: Let me put this simply. "Mafia. Do or die. Not relevant ever. No need to be discussed."

and honestly I couldn't care less about your opinion on me as a person. I think we've both already decided we're not gonna be friends a while ago.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 07, 2013, 12:53:01 am »

NQT.

ppe'd yeah basically.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 07, 2013, 01:25:31 am »

I think we've both already decided we're not gonna be friends a while ago.
:(
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 07, 2013, 06:23:29 am »

Even if there was a chance I thought Tiruin might still be a rebel, I would not put him and an LS sycophant (actually, LS might be a Toony sycophant, depending on how you look at it) on a team together.
I think this is the real thing holding Bay 12 mafia back.  Two people can't agree (even if they both use completely different and valid logic to arrive at the same conclusion) without being hounded by the rest of the players.  That's why we can never ever ever have hammers.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 07, 2013, 06:36:28 am »

PFP

ugh. stuff IRL. Exams coming. Lots of stuff >_>

PPE: LS.

That's one thing I can agree on. (sycophant?)

@Toaster asking me about my upvote/downvote thing: I did tell you I'd state the truth in anything I'd do.

Given Tiruin's incredibly terrible responses just now, I'm ... man, oh man. Tiruin and LS both being spies is a crazy possibility, but not an impossibility.
I'm using reverse psychology. Blatant ones, and yet people perceive that as scumminess. Joy, isn't it?

Also. Please. Listen. There. was. One. Spy. I am in no way associated with LS.
Query: Your idea that I'm scum relies mostly on your gut, aye?

Explain how it went to a strong scum read? Illogical? Lying perhaps? Why?

Tiruin (has voted the same way as me on every vote. I know I'm town, so maybe this means he is too? This stands in sharp contrast to Toaster who has never voted my way.)
Dude. This is not how you judge people's alignment :/

This can go both ways - merely a coincidence, really. Its lacking in reasoning, backing or logic. Why are you picking me though? Nothing else but...that? Reasons, please.

Tiruin: At #146 you say you wouldn't send Nerjin, CF or NQT on a team, and yet this is exactly the team you voted for when it was suggested by Ford. What changed your mind?
Spoiler: Oh? (click to show/hide)
I think you misread. It was the opposite of what you said.

Tiruin (has voted the same way as me on every vote. I know I'm town, so maybe this means he is too? This stands in sharp contrast to Toaster who has never voted my way.)
Nerjin (seemed earnest with the random team thing. Has the brains, hearts and muscle to win this.)
Toonyman (he's hated me this whole game but I don't have any compelling reason why he's scum despite looking hard for it.)
NQT (because I know I'm innocent, and I'd be an idiot not to put me on the team at this stage.)
This is a really bad team!  Switch yourself and Tiruin out for people who are not spies please.

Not-so-incidentally, this is also the full list of people who downvoted the last failed mission and everyone that hasn't gone yet because I think it's highly plausible that scum double-teamed at least one previous mission.
I fully agree!  In fact I think they triple teamed two previous missions.  The last two missions.  The ones you voted with ZU and Tiruin for and against respectively.
Blatent spy persuasion is blatant...And yet nobody tries to press harder.

Why do you think those people are spies Leafsnail?

:/

Nerjin, calm down please...Look, people believed you're a spy because of your outburst at the start of the game. Somehow, they associated flailing around as a scumtell without giving you an outlet to reply. Thing is, you (mostly) haven't pressed that point but acted on emotion. While I can relate with that, this present an ambiguous case on both sides.

Still...that's a bit too harsh to consider snapping ties with Ford :/

Nerjin (seemed earnest with the random team thing. Has the brains, hearts and muscle to win this.)
Toonyman (he's hated me this whole game but I don't have any compelling reason why he's scum despite looking hard for it.)
NQT
You've my vote on this NQT.
However, to replace any sort of doubt for the townies out there, shift me out and replace me for anyone who isn't Leafsnail or Dariush/ZU. (Like Toaster.) Dar, generally because of his antics...(I mean, nobody would normally just poke and anger a player for fun. This doesn't do well if you're really town. Unless he's a jerk so...)

Why Toaster? Of all the people in the first mission - LS has replied illogically regarding my alignment, Toaster has been lenient and diplomatic. Regardless whether you believe me as spy/town, Toaster is the and conclusive rebel-evident bet possible.

Though, I'm agreeing with Toony -> Ford. Both have been reasonable considering the level of doubt given and taken, however judging by Ford's antics, he's leaning more than Toony for me.

I have no idea what's going on at this point.

NQT: Pleeeease replace Toony and NQT and with Ford and Dariush

What does ducks have to do with anything?

Also I always thought Tiruin was male and just put female otherwise. I dunno lol.

Two things: Gender = IRRELEVANT! Stop discussing it.
...Thanks for making a discussion about it. Y'know, without my reply. I'd really love to know how this factors in Mafia though.

Tiruin off-topic:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Off-topic response (click to show/hide)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 07, 2013, 07:26:14 am »

Blatent spy persuasion is blatant...And yet nobody tries to press harder.

Why do you think those people are spies Leafsnail?
I explained a long time ago - ZU and NQT tried to votejump for the win week 3 day 1.  Then the team makes sense if you're on it too.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 07, 2013, 07:40:28 am »

Oh.

This?

Just to ask, but how are those people in that team scum? In relation to the votejump?
Switch yourself and Tiruin out for people who are not spies please.
How will this convince him?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 07, 2013, 10:25:06 am »

I talked about it at length afterwards, but the person on that team who is scum was NQT.  The votejumpers were ZU and to some degree NQT (since he didn't post at all during the votephase and expressed his opposition to a team like the one he voted for before).

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 07, 2013, 10:39:14 am »

I'm convinced that Tiruin voted like a town and her arguments that that's not logical only convince me further. We'll find out at the end of the game whether this is a rational way of deciding things. For now, I think it's too big a coincidence to ignore. Picking her precludes taking Toaster, and so I'm going to go with the team as it stands:

Tiruin
Nerjin
Toonyman
NQT

Rebels Assemble!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 07, 2013, 10:46:59 am »

Downvoting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 07, 2013, 10:54:37 am »

Downvoting.

How will this convince him?
Incidentally, it's not really about convincing - NQT already knows exactly who the spies are.  I'm just exposing the fact that he is scum.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 07, 2013, 11:59:00 am »

:/

Nerjin, calm down please...Look, people believed you're a spy because of your outburst at the start of the game. Somehow, they associated flailing around as a scumtell without giving you an outlet to reply. Thing is, you (mostly) haven't pressed that point but acted on emotion. While I can relate with that, this present an ambiguous case on both sides.

Still...that's a bit too harsh to consider snapping ties with Ford :/
]

Yeah about ten minutes after posting I thought I had gone too far. Needless to say I don't enjoy being insulted like that. The word 'jerk' is much preferred. I actually like Ford but our recent interactions, especially a series of PM's have been... tense at best. Maybe it's all the mafia. ANYWAY...

I'm convinced that Tiruin voted like a town and her arguments that that's not logical only convince me further. We'll find out at the end of the game whether this is a rational way of deciding things. For now, I think it's too big a coincidence to ignore. Picking her precludes taking Toaster, and so I'm going to go with the team as it stands:

Tiruin
Nerjin
Toonyman
NQT

Fixed that for ya. I'm downvoting mainly because of NQT being well... there. Very little you said yesterday made coherent sense and I just don't trust it.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 07, 2013, 12:01:47 pm »

What did you fix?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 07, 2013, 12:03:37 pm »

Removed "Rebels Assembler" and was going to replace it with Scumteam Assemble to drive home a point but decided to remove that as it may be a  bit too on the nose. Forgot to remove the "fixed it for ya" part. My bad.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 07, 2013, 12:10:41 pm »

ToonyMan: You've been consistent in reading NQT and ZU as spies. Consistently wrong that is. This isn't a question, I just wanted to say you'll be kicking yourself when this is all over (that is, unless you're a spy).
How do you know ZU isn't a spy?  Anyway, I was going to do this in the first place so I'll humor you with the Toaster/Leafsnail/Nerjin(you could probably switch Nerjin with Ford but Ford is so all-over-the-place and Nerjin has the actual Up vote) scum team.

I'm basing this on this:
notquitethere: Up
ToonyMan: Up
Tiruin: Up
Zombie Urist: Up
Nerjin: Up
ToonyMan: Up
Toaster: Up
Leafsnail: Up

(my first one is here)
The Nerjin team doesn't really stand out.
The Tiruin team doesn't really stand out.
The Dariush team doesn't really stand out.
The Captain Ford team would make no sense with every single spy down-voting their victory for the third win they could have EASILY acquired at that point.
The Leafsnal team looks pretty scummy, but right after the Captain Ford team it just makes no sense either.

So again, NQT and ZU are very likely spies.  This lightens Nerjin, Leafsnail, Captain Ford, and Dariush in my eyes.  Toaster and Tiruin are the only possible ones left and of course, I'm inclining harder on Tiruin.  Tiruin is my least likely of the three spies, but it's still like 80% sure.

Tiruin
Nerjin
ToonyMan
NQT

It is almost impossible for NQT/Nerjin/ToonyMan to all be rebels.  Even if I did think you were town I wouldn't up-vote this!  Also why the hell aren't you proposing ZU if you know he isn't a spy?  That's my biggest question to you.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 67