Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 131806 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 3 - Planning Mode
« Reply #645 on: March 07, 2013, 02:45:23 pm »

LS
Downvoting.
Well at least you're on track to keeping your earlier promise.

Incidentally, it's not really about convincing - NQT already knows exactly who the spies are.  I'm just exposing the fact that he is scum.
I really wish I did know who the spies were but I'm beginning to have a good idea. I like how your 'exposing' tactic is just to repeatedly insinuate that I am scum on the flimsiest of pretexts. It must be nice to go through life with such certainty. Why are you going to downvote the next team?

Tiruin
I'd cheer that someone actually pierced the veil of scrunity and actually caught my role, but...I'm really confused why you didn't shift for Toaster/Ford, still.
I didn't go for Toaster because although he's acted very reasonable and offered up rational responses and whatnot this doesn't necessarily prevent him from being scum. Furthermore, once I was convinced that you were town on the basis of absolute vote-coherence, it would be ridiculous to put Toaster forward: we have zero vote-coherence, and if you're town then that makes Toaster 50-100% scum and that's way to high a risk to put forward. Ford would have been okay. Of the three (ZU, LS and Ford) who have upvoted every failed team, Ford is the least suspicious.

Basically, Toaster and Ford seem the most town to me because they're reasonable and analytical. I know from experience in the mason game that appearing to be reasonable and analytical is exactly how scum want to appear. Town-tells are scum-tells! The scummiest players are thus the most trustworthy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nerjin
Yes and his vote flip doesn't seal the deal does it scum-boy?
Sure, that was suspicious as well. I- I think you might be misunderstanding my position on ZU. Incidentally, 'scum-boy' sounds like a minor villainous sidekick. As in:

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK FOR MORE INSALUBRIOUS ADVENTURES OF SPYMAN AND SCUM-BOY!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 07, 2013, 02:52:13 pm »

Quote from: NQT
I didn't go for Toaster because although he's acted very reasonable and offered up rational responses and whatnot this doesn't necessarily prevent him from being scum. Furthermore, once I was convinced that you were town on the basis of absolute vote-coherence, it would be ridiculous to put Toaster forward: we have zero vote-coherence, and if you're town then that makes Toaster 50-100% scum and that's way to high a risk to put forward. Ford would have been okay.
Wait, how does this out Toaster as scum? By vote coherence? And you stated afterwards that Toaster/ZU seem most towny to you.

Why didn't you shift me with him...As you do know, most of the people here are actively biased against me, right?

Or..was that backup for emphasizing
Town-tells are scum-tells! The scummiest players are thus the most trustworthy.
because I'd like to ask.

How do you view Leafsnail?

I know from experience in the mason game that appearing to be reasonable and analytical is exactly how scum want to appear
...You explain my whole message to Toony better than I could. Yes, this is exactly my point. In this game -  scum are at a total advantage over town. Their power comes in how they play - subtle and calculative, giving off the reasonable neutral stance whenever they see town go along with their musings. Glad to see you've got that right idea NQT.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 07, 2013, 03:06:02 pm »

Wait, how does this out Toaster as scum? By vote coherence? And you stated afterwards that Toaster/ZU seem most towny to you.

Why didn't you shift me with him...As you do know, most of the people here are actively biased against me, right?
Where did I state that ZU seemed most towny? Maybe I have to spell out the Toaster issue: the first mission failed with you, LS and Toaster. If you are town then that means either Toaster or LS or both are scum. There are other players that have only a 0-33% chance to be scum rather than a 50-100% chance. If I believe you to be town then it would be insane to put forward a Toaster team no matter how innocent he otherwise looks (and given that he's voted the opposite way to me for the entire game, he doesn't look that innocent, but to be honest, I'm not sure how much weight should be put on vote-coherence).

I thought it would be better to put forward a team that I thought was town rather than a team that would actually had a good chance of being upvoted by these muppets. Worst case, the more failed votes we have, the more information.

How do you view Leafsnail?
He's either an unhelpful rebel or a cunning spy. Either way, as he's been on and upvoted both failed missions I'm not going to advocate any more missions with him on. I don't even think he should have been on that second mission.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 07, 2013, 03:09:17 pm »

> It would be hard enough to see that if Toaster/LS was scum - they'd both sabotage. I know I didn't sabotage.
This is where you're wrong. There's no reason for both of them to sabotage because only 1 sabotage is needed for a mission failure.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 07, 2013, 03:15:38 pm »

Yeah, ZU's right on this point. It'd be a piece of cake for scum to organise a method for not double-sabotaging: like, if more than one spy are on a mission then the spy who's username comes first in the alphabet is the the one to sabotage. (When we run this game mode again, I don't think the scum should be allowed to confer before the game starts, they have enough advantages as it is).

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 07, 2013, 03:27:36 pm »

When we run this game mode again, I don't think the scum should be allowed to confer before the game starts, they have enough advantages as it is.
I support this idea completely. Well, either this or increase the number of missions rebels can fail and still win (for example, 3 out of 6 instead of 2 out of 5).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 07, 2013, 03:29:46 pm »

> It would be hard enough to see that if Toaster/LS was scum - they'd both sabotage. I know I didn't sabotage.
This is where you're wrong. There's no reason for both of them to sabotage because only 1 sabotage is needed for a mission failure.
I did put that into the idea. Thing is, how would they have coordinated if so? There is little to no evidence of their interactions going along this line beforehand - what if both committed to lay low, or what if both sabotaged? Occam's Razor here, I'm going along the most possible and practical assumption.

Where did I state that ZU seemed most towny?
Typo, was thinking of ZU at the time because of his 'have to rethink everything' thing. Mental note to self to not type at the early hours of morning following review period. Honest mistake.

I thought it would be better to put forward a team that I thought was town rather than a team that would actually had a good chance of being upvoted by these muppets. Worst case, the more failed votes we have, the more information.
So Toaster and Leafsnail are Leafsnail, in your opinion, would get more votes? Also, you're rating LS over Toaster? Forgive me if I'm wrong there in understanding you.
I don't even think he should have been on that second mission.
Why not?

PPE: You 2 replying.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 07, 2013, 03:43:21 pm »

EBWOP: Editing pre-post went wrong.

I did put that into the idea. Thing is, how would they have coordinated if so? There is little to no evidence of their interactions going along this line beforehand - what if both committed to lay low, or what if both sabotaged? Occam's Razor here, I'm going along the most possible and practical assumption. I did not think about that course of pre-planning in that situation...

Where did I state that ZU seemed most towny?
Typo, was thinking of ZU at the time because of his 'have to rethink everything' thing. Mental note to self to not type at the early hours of morning following review period. Honest mistake.

So Toaster and Leafsnail are more town than me, judging by the chance of upvoting? Or on that idea, sending anyone of the two instead: Toaster or Leafsnail, in your opinion, would get more votes? Also, you're rating LS over Toaster? Forgive me if I'm wrong there in understanding you.
I don't even think he should have been on that second mission.
Why not?

PPE: You 2 replying.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 07, 2013, 03:53:35 pm »

Tiruin
So Toaster and Leafsnail are Leafsnail, in your opinion, would get more votes? Also, you're rating LS over Toaster? Forgive me if I'm wrong there in understanding you.
I think you need to get some sleep Tiruin. Leafsnail is slightly more suspect than Toaster on account of being on two failed missions. He shouldn't have been put on the second mission because there was a higher chance of him being scum than any player that hadn't been on that first failed mission. Hence why I downvoted the second failed mission. Why did you downvote that mission (the one proposed by Dariush)?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 07, 2013, 04:29:03 pm »

I EBWOP'd - edited by way of post :/

Downvoted - it had Leafsnail on it. That's the sole reason I downvoted it. Why I believe LS is scum? Mainly because of his first reaction to M1, and no continuation or explanation in the proceeding posts.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 07, 2013, 04:30:23 pm »

Umm... no it didn't?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 2, Day 1 - Planning Mode
« Reply #656 on: March 07, 2013, 04:41:49 pm »

Ah well, I don't see any point in delaying the vote anymore.
Leafsnail
Dariush
zombie urist
Captain Ford
I think that says Leafsnail.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 07, 2013, 04:42:46 pm »

ZU, she's talking about Dariush's mission that failed, not the mission I just put forward.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 07, 2013, 04:45:24 pm »

Oh. That was me pointing to the downvoting...must state it properly more.

Upvoting > This team. Really.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 07, 2013, 04:57:18 pm »

Posting this ahead of time because of the lack of time.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 67