Poll

Should unit switching be allowed? [4/7 needed to pass.]

Yes.
- 3 (42.9%)
No.
- 4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Lords of Centria: Fantasy Tactical Warfare [V.3.6] [Turn 5]  (Read 22093 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Centria: Fantasy Tactical Warfare [V.3.6] [Turn 1]
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2013, 09:16:51 pm »

Three-to-three....
It's almost like it split along team lines.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2013, 09:27:10 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2013, 09:39:14 pm »

Summoner's obelisk:
1: cost
arcane: affinity
0: movement
0: range
2: HP
abilities:
Imbue summons: kill one of your units to increase this unit's HP by one. This may increase the HP beyond their maximum.
Empower summons [aura]: add this unit's HP to the maximum number of summoned units that may be possessed at any given time.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2013, 09:59:20 pm »

Oh, hey, could you post a link on the old thread when you start a new one?

I propose cultist
1/2: cost
dark: affinity
2: movement
2: range
1: attack
abilities:
emo [aura: 1] [dark]: dark units have their maximum HP increased by one while they are adjacent to this unit.(stacks)
invigorating chant [range: 2] [dark]: The subject dark unit will gain one HP towards its maximum.
spontaneous sacrifice: Kill this cultist to grant an adjacent unit a 10HP buffer. This buffer will take damage instead of the subject unit until the buffer is killed or one turn has elapsed.

Giant snail
2: cost
melee: affinity
ranged: immunity
1: movement
32: HP
4: attack
abilities:
slime trail: basic terrain occupied by this unit becomes rough terrain.
sticky: Treats rough and difficult terrain as basic terrain,. Treats pits as impossible terrain.

Mostly just posting to perv though...

Post a link on the old thread when I start a new one? What do you mean? Like necro the old threads to tell them about this new one?

Cultist seems like it is essentially a cleric who specializes in Dark unit buffing. An interesting idea. As is I don't think it'll make it to 3.7 BUT I may tinker with it a bit and allow it to show up.

As for the Giant Snail, there is a reason I removed Geomancers. Terrain based things are just too powerful/weak. Powerful in some situations and almost useless in others. But like with the cultist I may put it in later but as is it's a no.

Summoner's obelisk:
1: cost
arcane: affinity
0: movement
0: range
abilities:
Imbue summons: kill one of your units to increase this unit's HP by one. This may increase the HP beyond their maximum.
Empower summons [aura]: add this unit's HP to the maximum number of summoned units that may be possessed at any given time.

Sorry to say but this unit will probably never be in the game. When you take into accounts that one could simply kill skeletons forever and eventaully get to the point where they have unlimited [basically] summons and it's just not worth it. Though the image of a pladin killing hoards of Skellys simply by walking through them is kinda funny. Plus, the most important reason actually, I don't want to deal with more than 4 summons per team. It's simply something I don't want to deal with. MAYBE 5 one day but for now 4 is a sweet spot. I do like the idea of a summoner buffer or perhaps buildings of sorts... I'll look into that.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2013, 10:36:06 pm »

A thought occurs to me... Perhaps multi-level maps? Or would that be too much?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2013, 10:40:46 pm »

A thought occurs to me... Perhaps multi-level maps? Or would that be too much?
Sounds like Fun.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2013, 10:55:37 pm »

That does sound like Fun.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2013, 10:57:21 pm »

Indeed.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2013, 04:16:05 am »

It would be fun for ranged units at least, ogres too if they get adjacent to folk...

Post a link on the old thread when I start a new one? What do you mean? Like necro the old threads to tell them about this new one?
pretty much, I was in V3.0 which just sort of faded and I had no idea that a new one had formed until now.
Cultist seems like it is essentially a cleric who specializes in Dark unit buffing. An interesting idea. As is I don't think it'll make it to 3.7 BUT I may tinker with it a bit and allow it to show up.
It should be a good deal weaker than a cleric in terms of healing, as it can only heal a single target by 1. It is sort of taking a horde approach to healing and would mostly be used to make skeletons tougher, with the potential to sacrifice one to keep a unit alive for another turn. But certainly, there is already a healer in the game. But obviously there will be no hard feelings if you just drop it/steal its concepts for other units/rework it into something different.

As for the Giant Snail, there is a reason I removed Geomancers. Terrain based things are just too powerful/weak. Powerful in some situations and almost useless in others. But like with the cultist I may put it in later but as is it's a no.
The sappers at least still messed with terrain the last time that I looked, but it certainly would be a departure from the aesthetic in that regard, and I admit that that didn't occur to me. so to summarise... Fair enough.

Sorry to say but this unit will probably never be in the game. When you take into accounts that one could simply kill skeletons forever and eventaully get to the point where they have unlimited [basically] summons and it's just not worth it. Though the image of a pladin killing hoards of Skellys simply by walking through them is kinda funny. Plus, the most important reason actually, I don't want to deal with more than 4 summons per team. It's simply something I don't want to deal with. MAYBE 5 one day but for now 4 is a sweet spot. I do like the idea of a summoner buffer or perhaps buildings of sorts... I'll look into that.
Well the four summon limit is a pretty clear deal-breaker for this, but to say my piece:
 The idea was that skeletons would indeed be sacrificed to it indefinitely to make a horde, but as an ability it could only be used once per turn(per obelisk, I guess you could have more than one...) and would use up your skeletons, so it would cost a significant number of actions to feed it. The other aspect is that it would be defenceless, forcing its army to defend it or abandon it, which could be interesting. Although it occurs to me that a particularly resourceful player could have an ogre haul one around... Oh, nevermind, ogres only grab enemies, so they can't use their ability to bypass the move-or-attack rule either...

Long story short: Thanks for the critique.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2013, 05:26:36 am »

Necromancer create Skeletons at  5 and 7 F.
Shinobi to E3
Both Clerics use haste.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2013, 10:55:39 am »

Spoiler: RAM's Discussion (click to show/hide)

Sorry again. Though I do like the idea of the cultist a bit I do believe he may show up later. As for the sapper argument, they die immediately after altering terrain and cost 2 points. Sweeping changes to the board won't happen there.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2013, 10:57:50 am »

Shinobi to E3
Both Clerics use haste.

Summon Skeletons has a range of 2. Your necromancer cannot do the suggested action. Please resubmit turn.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2013, 11:02:26 am »

Shinobi to E3
Both Clerics use haste.

Summon Skeletons has a range of 2. Your necromancer cannot do the suggested action. Please resubmit turn.
??? necromancer at D7 which is 2 spaces away from 5 and 7 F?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2013, 11:05:49 am »

You're blue my friend. You're trying to use Gwg's necro.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2013, 11:29:16 am »

*look again* What? but it was...never mind.
Necromancer create Skeletons at  9 and 10 F.
Shinobi to E3
Both Clerics use haste.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27