Poll

Should unit switching be allowed? [4/7 needed to pass.]

Yes.
- 3 (42.9%)
No.
- 4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Lords of Centria: Fantasy Tactical Warfare [V.3.6] [Turn 5]  (Read 22092 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Centria: Fantasy Tactical Warfare [V.3.6] [Turn 0]
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2013, 12:09:09 pm »

Just a heads up unit positions are to be PMed to me by Friday, 2/15/2013 if they are not to me by then I will do one of two things:

1) I will use the suggested unit positions by your allies in the QT threads [if they exist]

2) I will place them as I see fit.

I highly reccomend that you at least outline some sort of general plan in the QT thread so that you don't get disappointed by the placement of units.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2013, 07:10:25 pm »

Centria is a land of beauty and mythical wonders. The sweeping forests and fantastic geysers are the stuff of a poet’s dream. Their religions are varied and well tolerated amongst its denizens. Indeed it appears to be the perfect paradise to life within. Unfortunately the various nations who have settled there are inclined towards war. They enlist great uncivilized hulking Trolls to destroy men and Elephant alike. Great fire leaps from mortal hands as often as dark demons are summoned from the depths to fulfill some dark purpose. Even in death the citizens find no peace from war as the foul Necromancers raise their broken bodies back to life to fight once again without any thought to the gods! Alas, it is a shame as the land itself is so beautiful. Indeed one could almost call it a travesty. I cannot allow this to go on any longer! My repeated requests to the lords of the land have gone unheeded and, when they are answered, the only reply is scorn. For the citizens of the land, and the land itself, I cannot allow this to go on any longer! Indeed the citizens of Centria shall call me a hero when I liberate them from the ceaseless wars that have plagued their continent. I wish it didn’t have to come to this but my hand has been forced. I shall meet with my advisors tomorrow to discuss the invasion. – from the journal of Gregor Nitinis of Northria.

King Gregor Nitinis is often hailed as a savior to the people of Northria. Seeking to rid his nation of all manner of ills, both social and physical, he has vastly improved the lives of the peasants and lords alike. This has risen him to a level of god-hood among many factions though he has repeatedly stated that he is a mere man. Never-the-less his disdain for war is well known so that when he deems it necessary for a war to actually occur the entire nation immediately grasps the seriousness of it. This time three of the greatest lords within Northria have agreed to lead the charge.

Javier Powenez of the Goldenwood Forest is known for his rigorous training of archers. Whereas most lords avoid training with their men directly Javier dives right in. His skills as an archer are rumored to be on par with the fabled Shirkis of Darkleaf. Whether this holds true will be tested in the upcoming battle.

Remuthra of the Grave is an oddity of sorts for the land of Northria. A dabbler in the dark arts for some years he willingly turned himself over to King Gregor in exchange for amnesty. Now as desperate times call for desperate measures the powerful lich’s skeletal army arises one last time from the grave. This time however they are commanded not to grow their army, instead to preserve life as they can.

The final lord of Northria is Archmage Criptfeind. A scholar of all mythical arts he is said to have been offered godhood by Nerjin himself. However godhood held no interest for the scholarly man and he kindly refused. Retreating instead to his childhood home to study from his vast library of books. As the years passed more joined him eventually founding The Cript. This magnificent tower houses an endless store of knowledge including several hundred tomes written by the Archmage himself. Now he seeks to assist King Gregor in his conquest of Centria. However Criptfeind has ulterior motives of his own. Legends tell of a mythical pool that can grant immortality when drunken from. An eternity to seek knowledge without end; the Archmage refuses to allow this to happen and plans to bring peace to Centria if only to assist in his search.

United these lords will save the citizens of Centria from the corrupt overlords who throw their children to war.
To say that war is a common theme in Centria is a false-hood. Indeed it is a way of life. Many eke out a living by serving as soldier for their lords. Some even make their spouses very rich by offering up their own bodies to Necromancers or demon summoners. The Lords of Centria are more than happy to allow this to continue, even to the end of time. However four of the most influential lords have received disturbing news. King Gregor Nitinis has sent an invading force with the intention to “Aid the people”. The Lords of Centria know what this means for them: Their heads on a pike. Meeting, for the first time in centuries, for a peaceful cause they forge an uneasy treaty. Repelling the invasion of King Gregor is the only way to avoid having their way of life destroyed.

One of the most influential men in the alliance is The Exiled King Greatwyrmgold. Famed for his continued defiance of the powerful Warlord Grek, Wyrm himself has stood toe to toe with the powerful barbarian king and survived; a feat few may claim. Spearheading the defense of Centria he offers his castle as the location to stage the first battle of the war. After several victories there The Exiled King fields his army at castle Greenhaven. Headed as ever by the faithful Sir Drakonis the Golden Army once again stands fast against a tide of invaders.

The Bonded Wolves were a mercenary clan who at one point held most of the power in Centria. As the ages passed however they grew complacent and began to fall from grace as their rules shifted and obscured. Several months ago the final “Shadow” Zacen the 299th revised the rules to reflect the ancient traditions and arts. Unfortunately the last surviving member of The Bonded Wolves fell in battle to Warlord Grek. However a new man carrying the mantle of Shadow has arisen from the ashes of The Bonded Wolves to assist Centria in its time of need. Some say he is the reincarnation of Zacen. Others claim he is an imposter. The only man who knows for sure, The Exiled King Greatwyrmgold, has refused to confirm the rumors. Surely one who can fake death for so long would have a reason to reappear at this moment, though none but the “Shadow” could tell for sure.

ReDeadEr is known only in the darkest parts of Centria. Said to enslave a multitude of races for his foul purposes of conquest he has never been seen in person before now. The jovial man leading his multi-racial army to battle is hardly what one would expect. Wielding only a whip modified for both war and punishment he sits astride a powerful Warg whom he affectionately refers to as “Mittens”. Despite his jovial appearance and attitude many soldiers have seen Mittens devour several of their comrades per day. If not for the dark circumstances of the invasion, none would work with him. However as it stands he is a powerful ally for the lords.

Those who are told of Lord Scapheap seem shocked to find the Halfling sitting atop of the mighty war elephant. Indeed the reputation he has built for cunning strategies and barbaric war campaigns seem more the stuff of Orc and Halfling. He claims he is 1/16 orc, though all who know him agree this is a lie. He resembles them as much as an ent resembles a puddle of water. Still the collection of heads his elephant carries cannot be argued with. He personally seeks only the fame and land a victory here shall give him in the lands of Centria.
Together these lords will protect their very way of life from those who would destroy them.

The crumbling remains of Castle Greenhaven are all that remain of note within this forest. As a testament to the skills of artisans past the forest has still been unable to reclaim the aging structure. For over two centuries this place has seen no life. Not even the creatures of the forest approach the architecture for fear of a master whom no longer lives. In ages past this location was the site of many bloody battles and slaughters. They say that the original Lord Greenhaven himself would bathe in the blood of the slaughtered after it filled the moats. It is only fitting that the beginning of a war should start here. Soon the stone’s appetite for blood, so long unsated, will be appeased. The armies themselves seem to give themselves over to the dark spirits still haunting this place as they search for their enemies. Retreat is no option, there will be no surrender, and the only way out is with victory. The silence before the clash of arms is nearly deafening. Finally a lone general cries “ATTACK!”… It has begun.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2013, 07:14:46 pm »

Can we trade control of units?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2013, 07:27:52 pm »

Um... Why?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2013, 07:30:48 pm »

Um... Why?
I have 3 necromancers and Javier is free to support more skeleton spawning.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2013, 07:31:13 pm »

Because sometimes it might be more useful to move entire battalions of units, especially when there is mixed control

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2013, 07:40:39 pm »

After thinking on it for a bit I'll have to say no. If Javier had wanted Necro's he should have chosen them. Sorry if I seem like I'm being a hard ass on this but... Well... it just seems unfair to the other team.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2013, 07:42:05 pm »

After thinking on it for a bit I'll have to say no. If Javier had wanted Necro's he should have chosen them. Sorry if I seem like I'm being a hard ass on this but... Well... it just seems unfair to the other team.
What if they did it too?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2013, 07:43:29 pm »

Why would they do that? They gain no real benefit from it. Tell ya what. I'll do a poll. If 4/7 players say yes I shall allow it starting turn 2.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2013, 07:43:46 pm »

.... It's too late in my opinion...
However having batallions would be nice....
(Too bad my wish shall never come true!)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Centria: Fantasy Tactical Warfare [V.3.6] [Turn 1]
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2013, 07:47:29 pm »

What if they did it too?

Yeah I don't want it you guys already have a huge advantage and we gain absolutely nothing from this so it's a no from me, and that's trying to be unbiased which admittedly isn't working out so well. Still even from an outsiders view I'd say no.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2013, 07:50:56 pm »

I'm going to go ahead and vote 'no'. Since that sorta seems to defeat the point of a allies match. If we allow it I could definitely see one or two dominate personalities per team making almost all the moves, at which point you might as well be playing a 1v1 with lots of units. Also how would we deal with turn order?

Maybe if a guy does not post in (Some time limit) his allies can make his move. Otherwise. Meeeeh.

As for the switching necromancer... You made a mistake in troop disposition. Just going to have to deal with it. It's not really that big of a deal anyway.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2013, 08:01:35 pm »

Also i have to ask did you stick Wyrm and me on the same team just so you could do that story? Well it does make sense considering at the end it was  Wyrm and me vs Grek. Was it just that one archer who survived the whole thing? Wait no my assassins were still cloaked weren't they. This map would've been so broken by that unit setup with the I think 3.0 rules. I honestly can't remember.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2013, 08:36:35 pm »

Oh, hey, could you post a link on the old thread when you start a new one?

I propose cultist
1/2: cost
dark: affinity
2: movement
2: range
2: HP
1: attack
abilities:
emo [aura: 1] [dark]: dark units have their maximum HP increased by one while they are adjacent to this unit.(stacks)
invigorating chant [range: 2] [dark]: The subject dark unit will gain one HP towards its maximum.
spontaneous sacrifice: Kill this cultist to grant an adjacent unit a 10HP buffer. This buffer will take damage instead of the subject unit until the buffer is killed or one turn has elapsed.

Giant snail
2: cost
melee: affinity
ranged: immunity
1: movement
32: HP
4: attack
abilities:
slime trail: basic terrain occupied by this unit becomes rough terrain.
sticky: Treats rough and difficult terrain as basic terrain,. Treats pits as impossible terrain.

Mostly just posting to perv though...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2013, 09:13:28 pm »

Three-to-three....
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27