Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 47

Author Topic: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty  (Read 47791 times)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2013, 12:11:19 pm »

Don't worry, Tom said there will be a real battle report soon?  Do you know if we killed him, Ank?  I know we won but I don't know we killed him.  By the way, how many soldiers of yours died/ were routed?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2013, 12:20:34 pm »

Ok, I've started taking charge of some peasants in the coastal region near Foxglove lands on the far east side of the island. Hopefully my neighbors take no offence from my humble banner and little claim, surely a few peaceful fishing villages are of no concern.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:40:09 pm by Mookzen »

generalpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Um, Well, You know...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2013, 12:34:35 pm »

Well, i've staked my lands, and started expanding..only got one competitor for the Northeast...whom I plan on making peace with...

For now..
Wise Words ; Pride is Good. Until it is bad. Then it is bad.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2013, 01:45:46 pm »

So, what's happening in the North (war against Silverfire ?) ?

Does anyone know who are the Bjornson ? Or Enjenou/Xfinit (though I would need a bridge or go a very long way to attack them) ?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2013, 02:11:45 pm »

They'd need to make a bridge on their side too... so yea, if you want to fight em or are worried about them wanting to fight you... you'll have to go around or employ outright bold-faced lying.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2013, 03:35:14 pm »

I'd just need one bridge to cross the river with my troops, or am I missing something ?
Though, considering it's quite long to build a bridge, it's probably more interesting to go around.

Also, last turn didn't worked.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2013, 03:49:46 pm »

I hope the game takes off, has detailed individual combat reports and an injury system considering that at its full potential and popularity, most of the playerbase will likely not be able to play king/commander from the start.

Also, why oh why should there not be character aging ? Without it the whole in-game world will end up a schizophrenic mess tied in neurotic knots.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2013, 03:54:45 pm »

I'd just need one bridge to cross the river with my troops, or am I missing something ?
Though, considering it's quite long to build a bridge, it's probably more interesting to go around.

Think of it this way, you try to build a bridge on your side of the river.  You can only complete 50% of it.
The people on the other side of the river must build the bridge on their side to complete the other 50% of that bridge.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2013, 03:55:00 pm »

Does anyone have an extra key? This looks really cool and I would love to check it out. PMing would be preferable.

FaultyLogic

• Bay Watcher
  • [EDIBLE_RAW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2013, 04:24:55 pm »

Here's two.

i4tfjb4oyvk8sc04o
1n3bbl0yub34oo48oo

Ah, too late I was.
"It's unpossible!"

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2013, 05:13:37 pm »

Think of it this way, you try to build a bridge on your side of the river.  You can only complete 50% of it.
The people on the other side of the river must build the bridge on their side to complete the other 50% of that bridge.
If only it worked that way and you could use rivers as a near permanent defense, only one side of a bridge is needed to be completed to cross.
It will be nice when feature destruction becomes available.  Deep strikes to destroy key bridges in enemy territory.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2013, 06:16:13 pm »

If only it worked that way and you could use rivers as a near permanent defense, only one side of a bridge is needed to be completed to cross.
It will be nice when feature destruction becomes available.  Deep strikes to destroy key bridges in enemy territory.
I'm saying it does work that way... now I gotta find Tom's post...  and I can't.   So I shall concede that I am probably wrong till evidence is found again.

Also:
30 Spearmen + 30 Conscripts
Estimated training time for new recruits: 67 Days

500 Peasants = 0 Days
Holy shaz.  The peasants better be running from my trained troops right quick.

EDIT:
10 Spearmen + 10 Conscripts
Estimated training time for new recruits: 22 days.

Something is off here...

EDIT 2:
Ok, I didn't read the explanation, but I see... takes longer when you recruit more troops at the same time.

And... apparently I still have one code left... just send a PM for it.  No Escaped Lunatics.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:21:13 pm by Zangi »

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2013, 06:48:56 pm »

EDIT 2:
Ok, I didn't read the explanation, but I see... takes longer when you recruit more troops at the same time.
It's the same as building. Too much workers/training slow the completion (workers don't work as much hours/d)

Also, I'll have a bridge completed in a few days, we'll see how it works, but I think only one side is needed.

And yes, I hope soldiers are WAY better than peasants.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:53:16 pm by PanH »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2013, 07:05:14 pm »

Actually, throwing more peasants at a building still increases construction speed.  But, it is less progress per peasant.  It is how I got my buildings done as fast as they are done.  (I guess at some obscene numbers, it may actually slow it down... but I have not hit that yet...)

Training soldiers I suppose is pretty static and can only be slowed by throwing more trainees into it.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2013, 07:17:29 pm »

Yes, example : 1 worker alone will work nearly 10 hrs/d, but with 100 workers, it'll be more 8 hours (each, ofc, and depending on the building), which still means 800hrs/d.

Training a bunch of soldier is with the same mechanic I think. Fakedit : it seems static, though you can get a bit of reduction from rounding (down). So, small groups are more interesting, I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 47