Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47

Author Topic: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty  (Read 47788 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2013, 04:16:11 am »

Don't worry, Tom said there will be a real battle report soon?  Do you know if we killed him, Ank?  I know we won but I don't know we killed him.  By the way, how many soldiers of yours died/ were routed?

I think we killed him, I got a bunch of routed soldiers, and a bunch of levels.(and I can't find him)

All the soldiers without bows ran away(which seemed smart, since nobody died)
so about 4/5 of my army ran away, still enough to win the day.

I am attacking a city in the north, my army has been attacking for 3 turns now, without an engagement. anybody know how long it takes to complete an attack?

So far I really like the game, but mostly for the lack of game!
It reminds me of MUDs in the way that your imagination has to do most of the work.
Really the fun for me is not battling and managing cities, but rather sending in character letters, and generally roleplaying.
There is so little game that you have to invent it yourself!

EDIT: so it seems you can't attack settlements yet. as long as you have one peasant defending a city it will be completely safe...............
We should do a mad dash to secure all independent towns, and station a few guards.

From the statistics page:
"9107 soldiers recruited"
I think like 2000 of them are mine :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:13:12 am by ank »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2013, 07:41:11 am »

From the statistics page:
"9107 soldiers recruited"
I think like 2000 of them are mine :)
No offense, but I wish peasant desertion is already in.  :P
I wonder how a few trained conscripts/spearmen with some archer/crossbowmen support would fair against that...

Also... new strategy in mind... build up more then 1 settlement to become recruitment centers.  As it is, 1 estate being a recruitment center is not enough.  So once I build up my current 'capital' to being able to recruit the top tier troops, resources will be shifted to another estate and I'll build that up... and so on.  I will then have 3 (or 4) troop making estates.  Which may or may not put me ahead of the arms race, for the short term.  Others will catch on to it relatively quickly and bigger ones will in the end be able to field way more troops much faster.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

FaultyLogic

• Bay Watcher
  • [EDIBLE_RAW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2013, 07:47:48 am »

Is it not possible to build roads between to settlements governed by two different family members?

EDIT: And after mobilizing a group of peasants, I wanted to return them to the militia but there is no button to make my changes take effect. Is there another way then going through 'status > soldiers > view details' to return them to the militia?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 08:11:31 am by FaultyLogic »
"It's unpossible!"

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2013, 08:34:13 am »

EDIT: And after mobilizing a group of peasants, I wanted to return them to the militia but there is no button to make my changes take effect. Is there another way then going through 'status > soldiers > view details' to return them to the militia?
status -> soldiers -> view details -> use dropdown box ->
It can possibly show:
Disband
Assign... (If you have a vassal near enough to take em?)
Set as Militia (If you are near enough an estate that is yours or your lord's...  Maybe it is not yours and not your lord's estate?  That is if you even have one.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

FaultyLogic

• Bay Watcher
  • [EDIBLE_RAW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2013, 08:51:00 am »

Yeah, the thing is there is no button to make the change take effect. Or at least I can't find it.
"It's unpossible!"

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2013, 09:15:29 am »

bottom of the page....

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 29, 2013, 09:20:44 am »

Unless you have to many troops.  Which is a new bug posted on the forum.

FaultyLogic

• Bay Watcher
  • [EDIBLE_RAW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 29, 2013, 09:31:01 am »

Okay I have 10 peasants on a family member that I'd like to return to the garrison and there's definitely no button.
"It's unpossible!"

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 29, 2013, 10:26:23 am »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 29, 2013, 10:32:08 am »

Okay I have 10 peasants on a family member that I'd like to return to the garrison and there's definitely no button.
Interesting tidbit...  my vassal/daughter cannot place as militia, but my main/estate owner can.

AKA: I have same problem with non-estate owner.

FaultyLogic

• Bay Watcher
  • [EDIBLE_RAW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 29, 2013, 10:59:43 am »

Well, suddenly the button was there when I checked the page. But it wasn't before Ank, really, I swear to Armok, I even tabbed through the entire page to see if it was hidden somewhere. But thanks for the very clear instructions regardless.
"It's unpossible!"

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 29, 2013, 11:20:09 am »

Also... new strategy in mind... build up more then 1 settlement to become recruitment centers.  As it is, 1 estate being a recruitment center is not enough.  So once I build up my current 'capital' to being able to recruit the top tier troops, resources will be shifted to another estate and I'll build that up... and so on.  I will then have 3 (or 4) troop making estates.  Which may or may not put me ahead of the arms race, for the short term.  Others will catch on to it relatively quickly and bigger ones will in the end be able to field way more troops much faster.
You can build training, blacksmith, leather, tailor in every village (it works with 300pop, I've not checked for less).

Well, suddenly the button was there when I checked the page. But it wasn't before Ank, really, I swear to Armok, I even tabbed through the entire page to see if it was hidden somewhere. But thanks for the very clear instructions regardless.

I've had the same bug, I don't think it's related to the number of soldiers. Reloading the page should be enough.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 29, 2013, 12:07:51 pm »

Yea... it'll take more effort/feeding to 'properly' build up a light grassland or less settlement.  Since it'll take longer to get anything done...

Once this goes live/stable, I'm probably going to go for the high mountainous region in the central area.  Mountain Baron with 1 or 2 grassland regions... and the rest being mountainous and maybe shrublands.

(I hope wood/metal economics will actually be meaningful...)

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 29, 2013, 12:16:27 pm »

Different map for release, I think. I have a few scrublands and just poured their metal into my main city, just in case.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 29, 2013, 12:45:23 pm »

Different map for release, I think. I have a few scrublands and just poured their metal into my main city, just in case.
Same concept anyways, Mountain Baron with 1 or 2 grasslands in the area and probably a ton of shrublands.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47