Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55

Author Topic: [ISG] Blunderbuss: Nuts to the fuzz, let's go all Nancy Drew on this Biz!  (Read 139348 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Blunderbuss - an Illustrated Suggestion Game
« Reply #555 on: April 01, 2013, 01:24:28 pm »

In next ten years, you make a real game out of it, which we can play :P

It was fun while it lasted :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 01, 2013, 02:32:56 pm »

I've done a lot of thinking about this lately, and I realize now that I bit off more than I could chew. Sorry to everyone who's been following this so far, but I just don't think I can keep the game going.

I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted, though. It was definitely fun, and made a good learning experience for me too.
In next ten years, you make a real game out of it, which we can play :P

It was fun while it lasted :3

Maybe. Though if anyone had questions about the setting or where the game was going, I'd be happy to share some details. I hate breaking things off in-media-res like this. :/

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 01, 2013, 08:35:29 pm »

Awwww, now I haz a sad. Oh well, fun while it lasted, and that's all anyone can ask. Thanks for running it!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #558 on: April 01, 2013, 08:36:09 pm »

What was going to go on in the next update, if you had gotten around to it? (summary?)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 01, 2013, 10:14:37 pm »

««« 27 »»»

Spoiler: OTHER STUFF: (click to show/hide)

ask the dude how long a match usually goes, and try to find out how much dmg the players come out of it with.
I'd also like to find out more about the game before we go jumping into one.

Alteis waits patiently, while you spend some time deciding whether or not to join the temple's Tenkor match. You feel a bit bad about taking so long to update him on the situation, but there's a lot to consider! You suppose it could be fun, but with a dinner to attend tonight, and a long day of heavy lifting tomorrow, you're not sure getting all beat-up and exhausted would be a great idea. You decide to ask him how long the games go for, and about how rough they get, before you make your final decision.

I've never seen these Aspirants in action, but a game of Tenkor usually takes an hour or two if the teams are evenly matched. If you're worried about it being too physical, the game is more about skill and self-control than beating each other up. It involves sizing up your opponents, predicting their strategies and attacks, and incapacitating them without harm. And though injuring players isn't necessarily against the rules, doing it on purpose defeats the whole point of the game. You know?

I'd say try to convince him to join us, but if we fail, sit this one out with him. Might be rather brutal, and we want to be on time tomorrow. Not to mention carrying a keg of gunpowder 5 miles might be a bit strenuous, (notice how the road curves...uphill? streams indicate this as well). We don't want to exhaust ourselves here if we're carrying an unwieldy 30lbs uphill tomorrow morning.

> DIPLOMACY CHECK (UNTRAINED): 11 (11+0)

Hey, I know you said you wanted to try Tenkor some day, and I'm completely new here. Do you think you'd like to join me down there, so I'm not the only new one?

Oh, thanks man... but I really can't. I've got to work on my, er, technique first. Heh. Heheh. Yeah. But don't go holding up on account of me.

Actually, I might give it a miss then. I really don't know the game, and I've got a lot of work to do tomorrow. Even if everyone's pulling their punches, it's probably not a great idea for me... at least this time. I'm still up for watching a game with you, though.

Oh? That's great! ...I mean, if you're sure. They're playing at the bottom of the hill, on the other side of the temple, but we should be able to see them fine from the steps out back.

You follow Alteis up the steps, past the ring of worn stone pillars, and into the shade beneath the huge copper dome. The dome is intricately patterned from the inside, but judging by all the blue-green tarnish and rust, the copper hasn't been polished in ages. The pillars look even older, but the floor tiles and the raised stone dias in the middle seem fairly new. The air inside is much cooler, which you're glad for; the last thing you want to do right now is start panting. Humans tend to give you these weird, patronizing looks when you do, which you've never been able to understand. I mean, they're the ones that cry from their skin when they get too warm, but you try not to judge.

Anyway, as you cross the temple interior, you realize you're both going to be sitting up here and watching the game for a while. You'll probably want to think of a few things to talk about, or questions to ask him during the down time.

Hmm...
>

Spoiler: Party Roster: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:11:29 am by Solifuge »

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 01, 2013, 10:30:05 pm »

You evil bastard. I can't think of much other to say  :P
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 01, 2013, 10:38:21 pm »

Ask him if he has any interests besides Tenkor, or what he does for a living.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #562 on: April 01, 2013, 11:00:07 pm »

Oh damn you got me. :|
>That feel when you have too many feels.

Edits incoming.

Ask him if he has any interests besides Tenkor, or what he does for a living.
+1
Ask where he's from too. Hope we get more to talk about once we take more of the surroundings in.

In case of critical socialization failure: JUMP IN THE RING & USURP A BOTONER'S POSITION!

-edit
btw, I think what's-her-name had something with the hat- removing the feather might be an improvement.
-edit
Also ear-holes unless we plan to resell it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:19:09 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 01, 2013, 11:09:10 pm »

Dammit! I started April Fool's being tricked into thinking a webcomic that never updates had actually updated, and now this! Worst day ever! #FirstWorldProblems

Ask about the Aspirants- you mentioned meditations and lessons? What's that all about? Heck, what's actually involved in being an Aspirant? How do they make their living?

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 01, 2013, 11:09:29 pm »

Questions to ask?

Hmmm, have we asked about whatever the cooky local religion is actually all about yet? Might be nice to know more details considering this is a theocracy and all.

Plus it sounds like a great chance for some exposition.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 02, 2013, 12:00:38 am »

Questions to ask?

Hmmm, have we asked about whatever the cooky local religion is actually all about yet? Might be nice to know more details considering this is a theocracy and all.

Plus it sounds like a great chance for some exposition.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #566 on: April 02, 2013, 02:23:48 am »

This what we're looking for?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:25:19 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 02, 2013, 11:51:18 am »

You must be a traveler too, then. Well met!

This man's a fellow traveler; he would probably be a good source of information on the world, current politics, and such.

Talk with the man about his travels and what brings him to Dossent.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 02, 2013, 12:05:32 pm »

Solifuge, you evil, evil person :P

+1 to what Griffionday said.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 02, 2013, 12:19:38 pm »

You must be a traveler too, then. Well met!

This man's a fellow traveler; he would probably be a good source of information on the world, current politics, and such.

Talk with the man about his travels and what brings him to Dossent.

+1 yes do this.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55