Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 55

Author Topic: [ISG] Blunderbuss: Nuts to the fuzz, let's go all Nancy Drew on this Biz!  (Read 139326 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Blunderbuss - an Illustrated Suggestion Game
« Reply #465 on: March 04, 2013, 10:25:30 pm »

His son will be at dinner tonight? And waiting for dinner ensures a favorable introduction from the father.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #466 on: March 04, 2013, 10:27:19 pm »

His son will be at dinner tonight? And waiting for dinner ensures a favorable introduction from the father.

Point taken.

Let's go bother monks.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 05, 2013, 04:30:09 am »

Initiate Meditation Action Sequence... NOW.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 06, 2013, 10:39:17 pm »

««« 25 »»»

What's the worship in this town like?

> LORE CHECK: RELIGION (UNTRAINED): 11 (9+2)

Until now, you've only been to rural villages here in the Exemplarate. From what you've gathered so far, the priests here take their spirituality a bit more seriously than they did back in Madavia. Being that the Exemplarate calls itself a Theocracy, this kinda makes sense.

Their beliefs are similar to those of the city folk back home; the world, its creatures, and even the gods are imperfect shadows cast from a better world, called Utopia. In Madavia, that was just accepted as part of being a mortal creature... but the priests here in the West say creatures can actually transcend to Utopia, if they can become perfect enough in their lifetime.

As for what being perfect enough entails, you can only imagine.

Go to the temple and meditate until dinnertime. 

Part of you wants to grab something from the market to share at dinner, and another part doesn't want to waste time not getting an income established here in town. However, Melody's description of the old temple piqued your interest, and you're curious about what sorts of things go on there.

Marking the location of Grenfeldon's Workshop for later, you head off through the Trades District, winding north through more densely-packed residential streets. As you near the wall on the north side of town, you come to a gently rising hill, where a low stone structure sits, crowned by dome of shining copper.

When you reach the steps of the temple, you find it unexpectedly empty. You see a lone human figure in the shade under a stone pillar, and hear a few excited voices, and the sound of rushing water coming from somewhere behind the temple.

Hey there, friend. I'm Alteis. The Aspirants are out right now, if you were here for meditations or lessons. If you came for Tenkor though, you're probably still in time to join the next match. I bet another Batoneer would be welcome on the field, if you're any good with that staff.

Me? I might join in one of these days, but I think I'll just watch for now. Wouldn't mind a bit of company up here though, if playing Tenkor isn't your thing.

>

Spoiler: Party Roster: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:10:41 am by Solifuge »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 06, 2013, 10:47:50 pm »

"Playing Tenkor is DEFINITELY my thing.

Explain to me what Tenkor is."

purdy dome by the way.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 06, 2013, 10:50:05 pm »

Inquire about Tenkor.

Have I mentioned how great your art is recently?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 06, 2013, 10:52:04 pm »

The tiles remind me of cave story here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 06, 2013, 10:58:12 pm »

purdy dome by the way.
Hell yeah, let's do this!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 06, 2013, 10:59:07 pm »

The tiles remind me of cave story here.

((Good eye! I had the Swiss Cheese pillars from the sand zone stuck in my head while I was doing the temple))

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 06, 2013, 11:18:27 pm »

purdy dome by the way.
Hell yeah, let's do this!
I agree with these statements and/or sentiments.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 06, 2013, 11:55:14 pm »

Inquire about Tenkor.

Have I mentioned how great your art is recently?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 07, 2013, 12:12:52 am »

««« 26 »»»

Oh man, playing Tenkor is definitely my thing.
...or at least it might be, if I knew what it was.

Hah! You've never heard of it?

Can't say that I have.

You must be a traveler too, then. Well met!

Tenkor's a pretty popular sport among the faithful, played to hone the body and mind. It's simple enough; there's a field with two teams standing on either side, and a neutral zone in the middle. Each round, both teams send one of their players to the other side as a Raider, and keep the rest back as Defenders. If their Raider can trip or take down one of the opponent's Defenders, and make it back to the neutral zone before the other team's Raider can, their team earns a point. To earn more points, Raiders can try to take down more than one opponent, and if they manage to get all the Defenders they earn 2 extra points. Of course, that's a risky gambit, since the other Raider might score first, and end the round.

So, one person is facing off against the entire other team at once? That hardly seems fair.

Well, to keep them from getting overwhelmed, a Raider first has to initiate combat with a Defender, and only that Defender can retaliate. There's a lot of strategy to sizing up your opponents, looking for the weakest link among the Defenders. If one of the Defenders manages to take down the Raider, though, they're forced back to the neutral zone, and can't score that round. And that means the other Raider has all the time they want. The same thing happens if a Raider retreats or is pushed back into the neutral zone before they take down a Defender.

Okay. You mentioned a staff though. Where does that come in?

Each team has one Batoneer who uses a staff on the field, which gives them an advantage over other players. If the Batoneer is Defending, the Raider has to engage with them first, so they're usually held back in Defense. Aggressive teams have been known to use the Batoneer as their Raider though, to try and score quick points. And as rules go, I think that's pretty much all you need to know to appreciate the game.

It certainly sounds interesting.

So, does that mean you're going to be joining them? If not, I wouldn't mind some company while watching the game. I'm recently arrived in town, and haven't really gotten a chance to meet many people, apart from the Aspirants here at the temple.

>

Spoiler: Party Roster: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OTHER STUFF (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:11:07 am by Solifuge »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 07, 2013, 12:18:16 am »

Join.  We need to hone our guy's combat skills. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 07, 2013, 12:21:13 am »

I think we should watch this next match to gain a better understanding of the game, then join the one after it.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 07, 2013, 12:23:23 am »

Watch 1 then join.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text