Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 53

Author Topic: DAISY [Act 4: Voiceless]  (Read 67349 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: DAISY
« Reply #270 on: February 07, 2013, 04:07:54 pm »

Yes. I like hiki. He's our guardian. Let's get Shanghai'd

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 07, 2013, 04:23:57 pm »

INFINITE TEA

also sandwiches

bring the fox

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 07, 2013, 04:28:11 pm »

Yes. I like hiki. He's our guardian. Let's get Shanghai'd
I'm not quite sure that the last bit is a good idea
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 07, 2013, 04:36:28 pm »

Tell him we'll go but only if he tells us why our doll freaks him out somuch. no mater how crazy it sounds.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 07, 2013, 04:40:52 pm »

>Ah fuck it, get Shanghai'd with Hiki. Ask him why he doesn't like the doll, though, on a sort of "By the way" tract.
I need to put something interesting here.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 07, 2013, 05:01:30 pm »

>Sure

[And what alternative motive do you have for that?] You say as suggestively as you can say with only your hands to convey meaning.

[Do I have to have a motive?]

[Not exactly, but you do have one.]

[You have a point.] He says, but lets it drop.

[My answer is yes.] You tell him. Your heart is racing, somehow terrified he'll reject you, even though logically he asked you out so there's no chance of that actually happening. Like somehow a bunch of cameras will show up and Hiki will take off his hair and actually be a celebrity and say "You just got punked!" and then you'll be crushed.

But that doesn't happen. Instead he gets a soft smile on his face, not his usual fox-like one but a real, romantic smile. [I look forward to it.] He says, and withdraws the contact. It takes you a few minutes to realize the sweat on your hands isn't just your own. You guess he must have been even more nervous than you.

You watch him sketching, something you hadn't thought it possible for him to do, but he can. Feeling the edges of the paper, and then drawing within the borders. Just abstract images and shapes, and they clash, but he presses hard with the pencil, and follows the grooves in the paper with a practiced hand. You wonder why he draws like this. He can't ever see the finished work. What sort of thing would it take to convince the blind boy to pick up a pencil and start drawing with it? He makes it look so good, you wonder if he was always blind. But he's so skilled without his eyes he couldn't have been born sighted.

Hiki is an enigma, a puzzle. Most people are, but you never really cared before. You never wanted to know so much about someone else.

For lack of anything esle to do, you pick up your own pencil and start drawing. Drawing Hiki.

Act 2: Drawing by Hand

The rest of art class seems to fly by and inch along at the same time. Almost like you're caught in a vortex, thinking quickly about nothing. Nomiya stretches and informs the class that tomorrow will bring another discussion circle. But you pay it no heed. Shakily, you stuff your things into your bag. Hiki seems to have so much more control than you do. He's still drawing, filling the page with deep black lines of graphite. The pencil is only retracing old ones, running in a groove like a monorail.

Finally he's finished, and with careful deliberation he finds his pack and places the drawing inside it. Finally, he stands up and reaches out a hand. "Are you ready to go, Daisy?"

{I've been ready. Let's go. []}
{I don't know. Let me go back to my room first. []}

Spoiler: Daisy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: DAISY [Act 2: Drawing by Hand]
« Reply #276 on: February 07, 2013, 05:08:14 pm »

ohmygod say yes say yes say yes
Resist the urge to immediately jump into his arms and ask him to take you by your dorms. After all, you don't even really know if you look all that nice or anything...

Don't grab the doll, though.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 07, 2013, 05:14:43 pm »

> I've been ready. Let's go.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 07, 2013, 05:19:11 pm »

Let's move, ditch the doll, and try to find ourselves a nice little region of eXtra densetm air.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 07, 2013, 05:34:27 pm »

I say we take the doll.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 07, 2013, 05:36:34 pm »

I say we take the doll.

yeah I agree,  just because the future is looking up, doesn't mean we should ditch the past. its still important to us, and he'll just have to deal with that
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:38:37 pm by Talvara »

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 07, 2013, 05:57:59 pm »

On a different note, is it strange that I played the act change music in my head when I read the 'ACT 2:...' stuff?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 06:18:35 pm by Origami_Psycho »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 07, 2013, 09:29:46 pm »

{I've been ready. Let's go. [X]}

[I've been ready. Let's go, before we have to run back to class.] You tell him. He smiles. It's kind of charming.

You head down the hall and down the stairway. Your hands garner a small bit of attention, but this being the school it is there are more interesting sights for the less tactful and the more tactful don't even notice. Hiki is apparently somewhat popular among his blind classmates, recognized by a apparently distinct rapping of his cane as he moves about. You fail to hear the distinction, but according to Hiki's classmates it's quite unique. One comes up with the word "Unswishyness", then turns bright red and falls into the back of the group.

On the way into town you come across the tallest girl you've ever seen, a towering beauty with the bearing of a princess. Long, silk blonde locks fall over her shoulders, held in place by a black ribbon. Her deep blue eyes are perfectly still, which makes sense considering they don't see. You happen to recognize this one, Lilly Satou, a neighbor.

[Coincidentally, she was indirectly responisble for Shizune bashing her hand on the desk a few days ago.] You sign into his hand, giggling slightly.

[Oh?] Says Hiki. [I've seen a few spats between the two. Something tells me she wouldn't find the irony of that displeasing.]

[I've not had much contact with her. She's too...] You search for the right sign. [Prim.] You finish. It's not quite what you mean, but it'll hopefully work. Lilly has always been too above it all, too aloof for you to try to speak to. Since your condition prevents you from speaking aloud, and she doesn't know how to do what you do with Hiki, you and her could just as easily have been on different sides of the planet.

As far as your aware, you and her WERE on opposite sides of the planet, at least at one point. It's kind of saddening, but you guess it's better you have a model to look up to, where the greatest flaw you've seen is going "bump bump bump" in the night.

You could try again. Hiki obviously knows her, and could translate for you. It would be the hight of irony for the mute girl who can only communicate through sign to have largely blind friends, but who cares. The armless girl can paint, so why can't you do something unusual?

Still, you don't want to break your pedestal. You're well aware you've set her higher than she probably really is. You'd likely lose an idol. She also seems to be waiting for someone, probably the new kid. You don't like him; terrible fashion sense. Someone really needs to tell him that he really does not look as cool as he thinks he is.

Spoiler: Daisy (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 07, 2013, 09:56:37 pm »

Shyly sign to Hiki.
"So, uhh... what is she... really like?"
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 08, 2013, 04:02:58 pm »

Shyly sign to Hiki.
"So, uhh... what is she... really like?"

Grudgingly +1
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 53