Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 53

Author Topic: DAISY [Act 4: Voiceless]  (Read 67343 times)

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
Re: DAISY [Act 2: Drawing by Hand]
« Reply #300 on: February 08, 2013, 09:54:02 pm »

we want See if we have Power beyond this moral shell,We Clearly More than Moral Girl,We may be goddess or something but we may not sure yet also questions ourselves to understand that think we are more than one person.They is one of us

or This
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 08, 2013, 09:56:55 pm »

As the only valid commands in the last string of posts asked for us to stop we will stop. I will ask you at least submit one serious command along with joke commands to both ease my GMing and allow your voice to be heard instead of largely ignored due to massive shitposting about russians.

>Stop.

You pout uselessly but agree to stop. [Tell him I'm sorry.] You sign begrudgingly.

Hiki translates. "My friend would like to apologize, er, Hisao, was it? She was only having a bit of fun." You give Hisao your largest puppydog eyes. He seems to melt.

"Oh. No problem." Great, now he's looking at you like you're a piece of meat. You bet he's the type to cheat on his girlfriend and call it "comforting a friend".

It turns out Lilly was headed to the convience store, which is Hisao's destination as well, and on the route to Hiki's vet office. The conversation drifts to mundane things, and you get used to having Hiki translate your signs. You're an unlikely couple, but you're growing to like having his hand so nearby. There's something comforting about his figure.

You leave Hisao and Lilly by the Aura Mart, and continue on a little ways further into town. A light turns green ahead of you, and you stop at a posted light... allowing you to eavesdrop on two old crones sitting at the bus stop.

"Look, Miyuki, some kids from the cripple school." The what.
"What did you say, Siyonji?"
"I said it's some kids from Yamaku, you deaf old bat!"
"I heard you the first time, you dumb old bird. I was confused as to why you would use such a horrible word." You are suddenly very much a fan of Miyuki.
"What, cripple? They are!" Technicalities, Siyonji. At least you don't have a horrible made-up name.
"My husband served fourty years in the defense force! Lost his legs in NAM!" Good for you Miyuki! Tell her girl.
"An' he's a hero! Ain't nobody sayin' they can't do things." Besides you.
"Besides you!" Miyuki echoes. You fight against pumping your fist.
"I ain't saying nothing, you just mishearin' me 'cause yer ears got fifty years 'a wax in 'em."
"My ears ain't got nuffink to do with it. You're just an idiot." Miyuki takes the offensive, standing (though highly hunched over.) up off the bench.
Siyonji stands up as well, glaring at Myuki through coke-bottle glasses. Her crabby lips quivering with rage. "I ain't stupid, you are, an' you losing yer old head if you think I'm gonna just sit around an' take it!"
"You'll take anyfink I dish out 'cause I'm the only friend you got left that ain't dead yet!"
A soft beep sounds as the two old women begin to bash each other with their purses, and Hiki starts dragging you away down the street against your will. There's no way he didn't hear that. No possible way. He has better hearing than you do, he had to have. But instead of letting you stay to watch the best fight ever (Miyuki has pulled out a plastic T-rex and is using it to bludgeon Siyonji) he's dragging you away.

Thus it is with a dejected and subdued manner you enter the Vet's office and sit down to make your appointment. You keep wondering what madness must be happening. And if there may be a rubber chicken involved.

With a start, you recognize someone; It looks like Yuuko is manning the front of the office! It's odd, though. She seems a bit more confident. Still, she hasn't seen you come in. Should you say Hi?

Spoiler: Daisy (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 08, 2013, 10:09:12 pm »

Say hi, and then talk about the most absurd fight to ever happen

On a side note, what the hell was her husband doing in the vietnam war?  'Cause they don't have a military.
And it would appear the GM strikes back.  Just you wait, there will be a return of the russian.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 08, 2013, 10:14:20 pm »

Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 08, 2013, 10:36:21 pm »

Can we have an old people club? Rin metaphorically collects people with conditions (which is easy at Yamaku, i mean damn). I want to metaphorically collect old people.

Oh, uh, this vet trip is going to be fun. You can't talk and Hiki can't see. Stay close "because you don't want him wandering off while some vet distracts you with medical speak." Because you aren't actually guiding to that patch of dense air...
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 08, 2013, 10:43:29 pm »

"You bet he's the type to cheat on his girlfriend and call it "comforting a friend"."

Oh you glorious son of a bitch

>Say Hi. Or tell Hiki to say "Hi" for us.

Fuck, I am in so much pain right now... T-T

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:45:43 pm by Gamerboy4life »
I need to put something interesting here.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 08, 2013, 10:59:20 pm »

Spoiler: Jokingly.. for now. (click to show/hide)
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 08, 2013, 11:35:14 pm »

As the only valid commands in the last string of posts asked for us to stop we will stop. I will ask you at least submit one serious command along with joke commands to both ease my GMing and allow your voice to be heard instead of largely ignored due to massive shitposting about russians.

>Stop.

You pout uselessly but agree to stop. [Tell him I'm sorry.] You sign begrudgingly.

Hiki translates. "My friend would like to apologize, er, Hisao, was it? She was only having a bit of fun." You give Hisao your largest puppydog eyes. He seems to melt.

"Oh. No problem." Great, now he's looking at you like you're a piece of meat. You bet he's the type to cheat on his girlfriend and call it "comforting a friend".

It turns out Lilly was headed to the convience store, which is Hisao's destination as well, and on the route to Hiki's vet office. The conversation drifts to mundane things, and you get used to having Hiki translate your signs. You're an unlikely couple, but you're growing to like having his hand so nearby. There's something comforting about his figure.

You leave Hisao and Lilly by the Aura Mart, and continue on a little ways further into town. A light turns green ahead of you, and you stop at a posted light... allowing you to eavesdrop on two old crones sitting at the bus stop.

"Look, Miyuki, some kids from the cripple school." The what.
"What did you say, Siyonji?"
"I said it's some kids from Yamaku, you deaf old bat!"
"I heard you the first time, you dumb old bird. I was confused as to why you would use such a horrible word." You are suddenly very much a fan of Miyuki.
"What, cripple? They are!" Technicalities, Siyonji. At least you don't have a horrible made-up name.
"My husband served fourty years in the defense force! Lost his legs in NAM!" Good for you Miyuki! Tell her girl.
"An' he's a hero! Ain't nobody sayin' they can't do things." Besides you.
"Besides you!" Miyuki echoes. You fight against pumping your fist.
"I ain't saying nothing, you just mishearin' me 'cause yer ears got fifty years 'a wax in 'em."
"My ears ain't got nuffink to do with it. You're just an idiot." Miyuki takes the offensive, standing (though highly hunched over.) up off the bench.
Siyonji stands up as well, glaring at Myuki through coke-bottle glasses. Her crabby lips quivering with rage. "I ain't stupid, you are, an' you losing yer old head if you think I'm gonna just sit around an' take it!"
"You'll take anyfink I dish out 'cause I'm the only friend you got left that ain't dead yet!"
A soft beep sounds as the two old women begin to bash each other with their purses, and Hiki starts dragging you away down the street against your will. There's no way he didn't hear that. No possible way. He has better hearing than you do, he had to have. But instead of letting you stay to watch the best fight ever (Miyuki has pulled out a plastic T-rex and is using it to bludgeon Siyonji) he's dragging you away.

Thus it is with a dejected and subdued manner you enter the Vet's office and sit down to make your appointment. You keep wondering what madness must be happening. And if there may be a rubber chicken involved.

With a start, you recognize someone; It looks like Yuuko is manning the front of the office! It's odd, though. She seems a bit more confident. Still, she hasn't seen you come in. Should you say Hi?

Mine was not An Vaild Command,Okay Sure whatever

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 09, 2013, 12:50:04 am »

>Say hello

You decide to take the initiative. Leaving Hiki for a bit, you rap your fingers lightly on the table. Yuuko doesn't speak very good sign, but since you can hear and she can understand enough to get the gist if you use simple words it's never been much of a problem. You can always mouth the words anyway, even applying a bit of breath, which never goes farther than the barest whisper without a voice.

She looks up in a most un-Yuuko like way. "Yeah, 'sup?" Not only is she a terrible receptionist, she doesn't sound anything like Yuuko, which makes you blink a few times in confusion.

[Yuuko?]

She watches you sign with impassive eyes. You can see the meaning fly through her head and out the other side like a ghost. "Shit, you're one of those Yamaku kids aren't you." You nod, which measures a bit of surprise, but not much. "Oh, so you ain't deaf. Cool." The casual way she says it either implies she deals with Yamaku students all the time, or she simply doesn't care. "Yo Doc, we got a signer." She calls, oblivious to you.

A flustered old man appears in a shower of papers over the desk behind her, literally sending yellow medical forms flying as he arises from a pile like a gopher. His hair is gray and fizzled in a sterotypical mad-scientist fashion, bald on top while quite large on the sides, like a colorless clown. He's wearing a pair of glasses that look surprisingly normal, save for the paw-print on the arms. All you can see is his head, twisting back and forth like a meerkat. Despite his age and odd habits, his eyes burn with a intensity you've rarely seen before. He takes in everything in the surroundings, noteing, storing, and observing everything about the situation.

"Yes, yes, what is it? A signer you say? Signing what? Signing papers I hope. Lots of papers to sign. I was signing some." He looks directly at you and blinks once. That seems to be all the time he needs. "Oh, that kind of signer. You're alright. You don't need to sign any papers. We have lots of papers. Too many papers really. Oh, but you can't hear me can you..." Before you can get your hands up his are already popping out of the pile.

Something major seems to have shifted, as the pile leans. The Doc lets out a small cry somewhere in between surprise and delight as the avalanche of paper carries him about like he was a cartoon. You have honestly never seen this much paperwork in a doctors office before. People here must keep a lot of pets.

[I'm ok!] He signs. Not-Yuuko just shakes her head and sighs. She seems to find something interesting in feeling her eyebrow. She yawns.

The Doc appears before you as Hiki stands up to investigate. [Terribly sorry it's just a bunch of old paperwork that needs to be signed and resigned to tell them that I didn't kill their dog.]

[Um... Did you kill their dog?] You sign awkwardly.

[Of course not! It was a fleabath. Special chemicals. Perfectly harmless. Unless you're a flea. But they don't have paperwork and not many people keep fleas as pets, you see. But people are paranoid sometimes. Especially doctors. One dead dog and it's a sued hospital or vet or dentist. Full lawsuit. Medical malpractice. Losing a lawsuit to someone with snaggletooth. Terrible thing. Lots of paperwork makes sure that doesn't happen. Waivers. Agreements. Well wishing cards. Valentines. Lots of signatures. I write my name a lot.]

[Talk a lot too, I see.] You say, smiling. But Doc seems to have finally noticed Hiki.

"Nozomu? Hello. Haven't seen you in a while. Did something happen to Niji?" Hiki nods sadly.

"Old age. I'm over it though."

"Good! Good. Except the dead dog. That's not good. But I'm being rude. Is this your friend? Or is it rude to assume your friends? Could you be not-friends? Is this your not-friend? Or does she have a problem? Because I don't do people. There's a hospital around her you know. In the school actually. They deal with people. I can't wrap my head around them. Doctor-patient confidentiality. Who cares? I don't. But people do."

"She is a friend, actually. She's looking into adopting a wild fox she's befriended, but we want to get it checked first."

Doc clicks his tongue a few times, looking dissatisfied. "Foxes. Foxes. Kitsune from old legends. A lot like people. Foxes are real though. Not Kitsune. I don't think. Probably a red fox. Lives in this area. Foxes are smart. Don't usually deal with too smart animals. Usually dogs and cats. But they're pretty smart sometimes. Unless they aren't. But foxes are always smart. Not usual pets either. Would normally be extra cost." He takes a deep breath, then looks at you and Hiki. "But for a friend I'll cut it down to normal. Also, I'm not sure how good I'll be. Foxes are hard. Don't teach you in medical school. But I was a zookeeper for three years. Learned a lot about what stays the same. Can check that. Diseases. Can check that. Disabilites. Can check that. If you're alright with that. I'll check that. Lots of checking. Plenty. Not as much as I normally do. I'll look up more things. Do research. find out more about Foxes. Probably going to be a regular. Unless I mess up. But that's unlikely.

"So. One fox. Appointment. Need a time. When does school end?"

"About two thirty."

"Does four work?"

"Easy."

"Good. Four. When is the earliest day I can see them, Haruhi?"

Haruhi, who still looks like a very collected Yuuko, turns to her computer. Scrolling her eyes down with a vacant mouth, she yawns and says, "Tomorrow's empty. Day after you have miss Ibarazaki. Then four is open for the rest of the week." She yawns again.

"Good girl. Is tomorrow good? Signer? Hiki?"

[Yes.]
"Sure."

"Then set the appointment. I'll go get fox food. Actually, dog food. But fine for fox for a little while. Not a long while. Make the fox feel bad. But a little while. A lot like dogs, foxes." He shuffles off, muttering inanely.

"He's quite the character, as you can see." Hiki says benignly.

"Yeah, Doc's something special alright." Haruhi says deadpan.

You're afforded a small moment to collect your thoughts on this Doc person. He certainly seems nice enough. But are you sure someone so scatterbrained would be good for Eiji?

Thou art I, I art Thou.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 09, 2013, 04:18:23 am »

Not the best, but he works.

Take Hiki to room. Tell him about your nightmares about the suicide man. Describe the suicide man to him.

Unless there's class next. Then power through class and then do the above.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 09, 2013, 10:42:14 am »

Not the best, but he works.

Take Hiki to room. Tell him about your nightmares about the suicide man. Describe the suicide man to him.

Unless there's class next. Then power through class and then do the above.

+1 to that.  And geniuses often have trouble with what we'd call social skills.  He could very well be a magnificent doctor.
Also ask Haruhi if she's related to Yuuko (through Hiki, of course)
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 09, 2013, 04:19:01 pm »

If Hiki makes a big thing about going to my room, tie him to a chair.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 09, 2013, 04:29:13 pm »

our room is still a mess due to fox mayhem. It would be terrible to have a boy.. well not see that, but experience the mess? what would he think we're some kind of slob?
hell no we cant take hiki to our room!

edit:
maybe we can take him to the roof or something?

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 09, 2013, 05:01:21 pm »

our room is still a mess due to fox mayhem. It would be terrible to have a boy.. well not see that, but experience the mess? what would he think we're some kind of slob?
hell no we cant take hiki to our room!

edit:
maybe we can take him to the roof or something?
I think the idea was seduction.  Sex on rooftops, although questionably romantic, is also rather...illegal.  And public.  Which makes it illegal.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 09, 2013, 07:08:26 pm »

Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 53