Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66948 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #495 on: January 14, 2014, 01:23:26 am »

((Until convenient, thanks. I'll PM my sheet instead [also because my home-net is on/off at times..T_T] so I couldn't work on it until-...
*sending*))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 15, 2014, 12:41:46 am »

((Still no PM :P))

Roll 49

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: Characters Present
Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro
Codo
Harry North
Ryan
Davis Theul
Russano Neskratt

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

You loot the dagger and scavenge the dented suit for ammunition. [3] The guard was using a different type of rifle from the last one you encountered, but regardless she had a magazine on her belt for other squadmates to use if needed.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[5] You maintain control over the systems, and your consciousness bleeds into the security cameras, allowing you to see what they see. Everything seems transparent now.

Your mind finds it difficult to take in all of this information, but that shouldn't be a problem once you improve your control.

New Miniquest!

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[2] You ignore pretty much everything Russano tells you. An awkward silence ensues as you realize that he asked you a question.

"Oh uh, uh, uh... I should introduce you to my new companions. Meet Harry, Kenjaro, and Codo. Will they be welcome aboard the Borealis?"
"Access granted."
"Excellent. They've managed to escape from the mines. Harry needs medical attention, while Kenjaro and Codo have skills which may be useful to us in the future."

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Now, to head to the shuttle...

*As your party heads out, you encounter the two armored gatekeepers at the entrance/exit to the hangars.*

One of them calls Dominic out:
"Hey! Stop right there!"

He pulls out his radio, speaking into it out loud.
"I found Zoshan. He's here in the hanger bay."
He then walks over to Dominic and addresses the entire group.
"You've all got some explaining to do. This man framed one of our own on a lie. Our guard captain is coming to speak to you."

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 15, 2014, 02:08:22 pm »

"What kind of 'explaining' we need to do before leaving? What trouble did our companion get into while we were doing business?" Russano asks, barraging the guards with questions before pausing for a moment and snapping his fingers. "I see!"

Let out a twisted-transistor empowered lightning bolt at the closest guard.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 02:10:12 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 15, 2014, 05:18:03 pm »

Vibro axe tornado strike!

Strike the first guard in the neck then spin and drive the axe blade into the seconds stomach.
Loot all the things.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 15, 2014, 05:32:09 pm »

Ryan looks around in surprise and all at how weird everything looks... and also surprise at the headache I'm sure he's getting with his mind trying to deal with some much visual information. This is definitely an ability worth exploring... though now not the time to do so. Ryan try and get some practice when everyone is nice and safe on the ship.

Right now Ryan just needs try to focus on the vision from his own eyes and put everything else to the back of his mind. Then help out in getting everyone out of this place safely.

Try to focus on my own vision and not worry about the rest, and after Russano shocks one of the guards, point my weapon at the other one and try to say something intimidating to get him to surrender and leave us be. Maybe see if he has anything electronic on him I can shut down to aid in his surrender.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 17, 2014, 09:51:51 pm »

"Yes, I admit that what I did was a little bit dishonest, but unfortunately it had to be done."

Wait for Russano to zap the guard. If the guard is incapacitated, pull out the Gunberd and slash at the 2nd guard. If the guard is not knocked out, slash him instead."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 19, 2014, 07:18:58 pm »

((Still no PM :P))
Roll 50

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: Characters Present
Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro
Codo
Harry North
Ryan
Davis Theul
Russano Neskratt

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

[3+2+1] Electricity arcs around your fingers, alerting the guards to your attack.

"Get out!" shouts the first one, dragging his companion with one arm and covering his head with the other.
((Parenthesis indicate enemy defense rolls))
As they run, you release the energy crackling at your fingertips, sending a bolt of lightning at your target. (1) The enemy's carbonized steel armor conducts the electricity quite well and does little to deflect the electricty, absorbing it and glowing a bright red, chipping the olive paint off of the surface and deforming the suit's internal mechanical components.
(2) The bolt arcs to the second guard as well, turning them both into walking incandescent bulbs.

Despite the massive transfer of energy, both guards are still walking and capable of harm. Due to the heat, however, they are slowed and as soon as their internal cooling breaks down they will no longer be a threat.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[1+1] Still inside your stolen suit, you grip your axe weakly and do a spinning strike. The weapon exits your grip and flies at the first guard, denting the back plate of his armor.

You spot red text on the bottom of your visor:
Warning: Power supplies low. Backup power left: 0.14.57

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[5-2] You take out your Arkfury and speak in the most well-composed voice you have had this entire trip:
"STOP RIGHT NOW!" you first shout. The guards slow down as their servos break down.
"You walk an inch further and I take off both of your legs, or worse!"

The second guard, being dragged, falls to the floor as the first guard releases him and slowly backs away, raising his hands. He doesn't seem to be making a surrendering motion, however. It's more of a "I'd back off if I were you" gesture.

New Miniquest: Public Speaking!

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[1] You restrain yourself from imprudent outbursts of violence and instead walk closer to the guards, confronting them personally.

"I say, let us fight like Gentlemen! Raise your blades!"
As you raise your own weapon, another guard wearing heavily painted and decorated armor squeezes out of a door in the wall and raises a fist.

"You're not going anywhere until you explain to us what you did in the mines. Speak now!"
Russano and the others recognize the third person as the Captain of the Guard that they saw earlier--the one that punched a reporter across the room in a fit of anger.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:53:07 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #502 on: January 19, 2014, 07:50:52 pm »

'Uh... uh... well... they didn't shoot or attack me... Just start pretending I'm like Russano! He's good at this stuff...' Ryan thinks as he sees one guard back off and the other... well not attack.

"Yes we are going somewhere! I have all the security under my complete control right now! Think you can survive all of us plus the turrets if you try to stop us?" Ryan says out loud ((I guess the tone of it is up to whatever I roll)) to the three men. Ryan would rather not have to kill someone if he can help it.

Do more intimidation and point the turrets at the guards to help out the intimidation. If they still don't listen, use the turrets to fire to warning shots around the guards to prove I really do control security.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 19, 2014, 08:50:48 pm »

u((Whos power supply is failing? Mine or the guards?))

recover axe, grab new guard by the arms then kick him in the chest and push against his torso until his arms come off.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 02:35:13 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 19, 2014, 08:52:47 pm »

((Whos power supply is failing? Mine or the guards?))

recover axe, loot guards.

((It's on the bottom of your suit's visor. That's all your character knows.

I'll edit to clarify.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 19, 2014, 09:00:54 pm »

((I figured that was wandering why suit bonus was missing again. Cheers for the clarification.

I wonder if mr electric wizard could juice me up without destroying the suit...))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 19, 2014, 11:05:50 pm »

((I figured that was wandering why suit bonus was missing again. Cheers for the clarification.

I wonder if mr electric wizard could juice me up without destroying the suit...))

((You would normally get a +1 from strength, but clumsiness cancels it out for precision strikes so there is no bonus overall. If you get more experience with power armor you can remove the clumsiness malus.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 20, 2014, 02:32:42 am »

((I knew clumsiness affected long range weaponry but i didnt think it affected melee, pugilism it is.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 20, 2014, 03:06:46 am »

((I knew clumsiness affected long range weaponry but i didnt think it affected melee, pugilism it is.))

((It wouldn't normally affect melee but if you think about it, executing a spin attack in a heavy suit you aren't used to would be difficult and more complicated than just whacking someone with it, yes?))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 20, 2014, 03:58:30 am »

((Ah, gotcha.))

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 75