Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66939 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #525 on: January 29, 2014, 01:58:09 am »

((I kinda want to learn how she did that armor thing but my characters pretty damn tanky already...))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 29, 2014, 04:38:31 am »

Ryan noticed Russano got them to stop attacking... boy was he glad... though he hoped he didn't injure that one guard too badly...

Go through the exit that the Captain is letting go through and quickly get back to the ship before something else happens.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 29, 2014, 11:50:50 am »

slowly get to my feet and gather my suits arms, move silently toward our escape route but be prepared to murder guards with my axe if they prove hostile.

The captain notices that your arm is no longer twisted.

"Didn't I break that arm of yours just now?"

The Captain offers you a hand up.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 29, 2014, 12:33:40 pm »

Russano "accidentally" fails to mention he also gleaned something from the guard captain's techniques, of course. He's in fact rather surprised she hasn't been killed before due to suicidal overconfidence, but that's something minor. "Interesting past and I'm glad I could be of service. Anything else to say before we escape?"

Resume escape if there's nothing else left to talk.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 29, 2014, 06:21:29 pm »

"Yes, you did. Why do you ask?"
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 29, 2014, 06:25:36 pm »

"Yes, you did. Why do you ask?"

The captain does not respond immediately, but continues to hold her hand up.

"I see. Um... no particular reason."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 29, 2014, 06:35:53 pm »

take the offered hand up, resume gathering suit parts.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 30, 2014, 11:01:20 pm »

((A fungal outbreak eh... I totally didn't cause that in a past life. Nope. Totally not.))

"Well, now that hostilities are over, I suppose that there is no need to settle this in an honorable fashion."

Hop in the shuttle and wait until launch. Once on the Borealis, head to the laundry area to fix my coat.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #533 on: January 30, 2014, 11:31:37 pm »

((Still no PM))

((The quote pyramid will grow until I get Tiruin's attention.))

Roll 53

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: Characters Present
Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro
Codo
Harry North
Ryan
Russano Neskratt

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

The captain raises her hand into the air and backs off without a word. She stops to help Kenjaro up before retreating to the barracks.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

You take the captain's hand, who then lifts you off of the ground with enough force to dislocate your shoulder again. Now that you are out of combat, your abilities aren't quite as potent.

You massage your shoulder gently as you pick up the scraps of your armor and then follow Russano to the catwalk leading into the Borealis' shuttle, thanking him along the way for taking you off of here. Codo and Harry follow, and Davis comes rushing in as well.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

You head down the pathway, scanning the room with your heightened perception.

[5] You feel the hangar door mechanisms activating, even from inside the shuttle. In fact, you can dimly see through the shuttle's inner walls, and sometimes if you doze off your vision rapidly alternates between your eyes' and the cameras'.

As the shuttle takes off using the launch catapult, you experience your link with the station's systems be severed abruptly. Your mind feels clear again, and it even subconsciously tries to take control of the shuttle, but you control it. That would be problematic as you have no experience--or at least you don't think you do--piloting a shuttle, even for a single trip.

The shuttle now arrives on the Borealis.

The party disembarks. Codo and Harry head to the bar, still wearing their stolen uniforms.

Now all that's left to complete the mission is to plug in the drives to the ship's own computer and run a search for a list of terms Perfectio left. The ship's crew is preparing the ship to return to Aldros, but as per tradition Russano needs to conduct a victory ceremony for the before they can start the engines.

The ship is currently in zero-gravity. Magnetic boots are engaged. The bar is currently closed due to all of the kitchen equipment requiring gravity to work, as well as other services.

Everyone gets one skill point, Unholy_Pariah gets two for fairness.

Kenjaro--Level 3 Berserker
+Choice Pending+
+Choice Pending+
Russano Neskratt--Level 3 Warlock
+Choice Pending+
Dominic Zoshan--Level 3 Gentleman
+Choice Pending+
Ryan--Level 3 Seeker
+Something about upgrading machines? I completely forgot about it last time we levelled up xD+
+Upgrade technopathy by one point? Please confirm.+
+Choice Pending+

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

You immediately head into one of the elevators and reach the crew quarters. There in the laundry room, you find an automatic ironing machine and some centrifugal washing/drying machines. Thank goodness Russano's people have some sense of elegance! You'll have to see if you can bleach the burnt parts of the coat with hydrogen peroxide first.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 11:39:41 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 31, 2014, 12:18:15 am »

Explore the ship, see if there are any engineers i can persuade to repair and recharge my powersuit. If none simply plug it into a wall socket and have my cellular regen fix my shoulder.

((Ill post my skills later once i get an idea of what i can do with them.))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 31, 2014, 04:47:56 am »

((Yeah +1 Technopathy... and the upgrading machines thing. I kinda forgot you skipped that lol. My other point... I guess add to my Technopathy too since it's proved more useful then my fire abilities.))

Ryan heaves a sigh of relief when they finally get back on the ship.... Where it's safe. The first thing Ryan wanted to do is get out of this armor and get some rest to relax from the tension.

But first, he needed to drop off these data drives... that he wasn't sure what to do with.

"Um... Rassano... where do I take these?" Ryan asked while holding out one of the data drives.

Follow Russano to where I'm supposed to drop off the data drives. Then head to the armory to drop off my gun and armor.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 31, 2014, 12:52:34 pm »

"To the ship's computer, of course. Let us hope there is nothing wrong with these drives." Russano answers as he takes his own stack of drives to the nearest data-port. Their performance had been far from flawless, but at the very least there were no casualties.

Get that data analyzed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 01, 2014, 04:08:27 pm »

Ask someone for permission to go through the chemical closet.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #538 on: February 01, 2014, 06:35:43 pm »

Quote from: _DivideByZero_ link=topic=122038.msg4917811#msg4917811  date=1390970121
((Still no PM))

((The quote pyramid will grow until I get Tiruin's attention.))

Roll 54

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

-----

Current level up status (Will edit character sheets after we've all decided... or unless you plan to use some new powers right now):

Kenjaro--Level 3 Berserker
+Choice Pending+
+Choice Pending+
Russano Neskratt--Level 3 Warlock
+Choice Pending+
Dominic Zoshan--Level 3 Gentleman
+Choice Pending+
Ryan--Level 3 Seeker
+Machine Upgrading+
+Technopathy -> [2/3]+

-----

Quote from: Characters Present
Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro
Codo
Harry North
Ryan
Russano Neskratt

superBlast, AKA Ryan

You follow Russano to the ship's computer and drop off the drives without a word. Then, you leave and head to the armory, dropping off your bulky suit of armor while you are there and keeping the pistol.

You've felt your subconscious mind scanning and learning about the inner workings of the ship as you walk through the halls. You notice every door, every wall-mounted oxygen recycler, every LED light fixture, and everything else before you even step foot around the corner. It makes walking around a bit... exhausting considering you are already tired.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

You head to the ship's mainframe. Ryan leaves the drives with you and heads off, most likely to drop off the armor. You stay and call the ship's chief technician--Elise Anyas--to be there in case the drives have some sort of infectious fail-safe that could compromise the computer. You plug the drives in and begin to open them virtually, finding standard database files encrypted with the keys that the station overseer gave you. The keys function as expected, allowing you to browse the Van Buren company records.

You start looking through the data when Tech. Anyas enters the mainframe room, turning on more of the lights and walking up to the monitor you are using (you prefer the room dimmer so that there is more contrast with the screen).
"Welcome back captain, did you get everything we needed?"
She then looks at the screen, noticing the database files opened in the browser.
"Awesome. Run a search?"

((Quick Reminder: You were sent to retrieve the drives so that you can look for records related to the Van Buren company intercepting an expedition to Arcas, a fringe world where Aldros' government is funding exploration.))

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

After Ryan and Russano leave the elevator, you stay inside and examine the map of the ship that's inside all of the elevators. The elevator shafts run down the ship's central axis, which about sixty floors total. Some of the floors in between major levels are maintainence accessways and levels dedicated to life support and cargo storage.

You head to the "workshops" level and start looking for engineers to help repair your power suit.

[2] You run into a man named Richard Oktar (according to his nametag) working on a device that looks like some sort of pump or injector. He greets you warily and asks you, "Sorry for being rude, but where did you come from? Why is your armor like that?"

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

You call Russano on your communicator.
"Excuse me, captain. Would you mind if I looked through the "
"I don't see why not. Ask the first mate for future questions unless they pertain to the quest."

You rummage through a nearby supply closet and displace multiple containers of various toxic compounds. You find a bottle of oxygen peroxide and set it inside the ironing machine. It would be easier to repair the coat if you waited until the ship's engine starts, but there is no reason the ironing machine shouldn't work in zero-gravity as well.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 06:05:12 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 01, 2014, 06:59:50 pm »

"I came from the mines dominic helped me escape from, as for my arms i tried tearing the arms off of the stations invulnerable guard captain and the shoulder joints on both powersuits couldnt take the strain."

"Any chance you could repair my suit when you have the time?"

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 75