Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66942 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #510 on: January 21, 2014, 11:58:11 am »

((I think it is about time we utilize diplomacy instead of violence. I do have that persuasion bonus.))

"I'm afraid we don't have time for that - you see, we have to leave this place. Please back off and let us make our escape or both you and your comrades will be in an even worse situation than the one you are now in." Russano says, using his arm to gesture towards the men with failing suits.

Try to convince the guard to retreat with her men so they can cut their losses.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 22, 2014, 08:59:02 pm »

"Ah, yes, about that. I did not cause any harm to the mine, nor did I expect to run into any guards. I assure you, my intentions were not malevolent, and that they soon will be ess polite if you do not cease your current actions."

Try to help Russano convince the guard to stand down.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #512 on: January 26, 2014, 02:40:29 am »

((Still no PM :P))
Roll 51

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: Characters Present
Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro
Codo
Harry North
Ryan
Davis Theul
Russano Neskratt

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

[1+1] "I'm afraid we don't have time for that - you see, we have to leave this place. Please back off and let us make our escape or both you and your comrades will be in an even worse situation than the one you are now in."
The captain shouts in response,
"I don't take orders from criminals. Drop your weapons!"

She raises her fists and begins walking toward you.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[1] You barely eke out your first sentence before being brushed aside with minimal effort. That power suit is strong!

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[5+2] Responding quickly to the captain's assault, you lunge at your new adversary and use your powered gloves to grapple onto the captain's suit. Your arms fully attached to the captain's, you kick her in the center of her torso and push off as hard as your suit allows. You hear metal creaking and plastic components giving away under stress--from both suits. Both suits now have no arms, although you failed to tear any limbs off.

As you recover from your move, the captain is already upon you, and with blinding speed she lifts you up by the arms and hurls you across the room! Your suit's shock absorbers take the brunt of the impact, but your right arm is twisted and broken.

You spot red text on the bottom of your visor:
Warning: Power supplies low. Backup power left: 0.14.24
Your armor has been damaged!

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[6] Before the fight gets out of hand, you activate the turret defense network inside the hangars. This time, a vast arsenal of grenade launchers, chainguns, and autocannons emerges from the walls and ceiling, but you aren't sure if it would be a good idea to fire them all off as they could easily kill you and your teammates. You let off a burst from one of the chainguns in the general direction of the guard captain, shouting at her to stop immediately. She continues her assault.

Your vision starts to be affected by your powers, causing all entities in the room to once again become transparent in the same way that you see through objects when your eyes see something from different angles.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 26, 2014, 03:01:37 am »

Well fuck... untwist my arm and allow my cellular regeneration to fix it.
Pull out my nanosteel dagger with my left hand and drive it into the captains exposed armpit.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 07:56:31 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 26, 2014, 06:31:05 am »

((Did she just call us criminals when she works for an organization that are mostly made up of pirates and stuff?))

'Damnit! Why won't they just leave us alone? We wouldn't have hurt them if they did!' Ryan thinks as he slowly starts panicking as violence starts to unfold.

"If you just let us by I wouldn't have to do this!" Ryan screams as he starts firing the turrets and his own gun.

Find cover and shoot at the captain and guards, aiming for limbs there limbs. Do the same with the non-explosive turrets and if possible use the explosive ones if any of my teammates out of the explosive radius... or at least my best guess of what the explosive radius is. Though not to kill but to scare the hell out of them.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 26, 2014, 02:02:12 pm »

"Now that's just rude!"

Slash at the guard captain with the Gunberd.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 28, 2014, 12:51:11 am »

((Did she just call us criminals when she works for an organization that are mostly made up of pirates and stuff?))

((They're not made up of pirates, it's just that it's nearly impossible to arrest someone for looking like a pirate unless you're on a purely military station. Generally, in the border worlds, almost everyone is a pirate or mercenary of some sort if they're not wearing a uniform.

They're calling you criminals because they think you're terrorists.))

((Waiting on Caellath))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 28, 2014, 12:26:31 pm »

"Flowers have thorns, and I understand that. You, however, are hopeless."

Lightning Bolt the Guard Captain.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #518 on: January 28, 2014, 11:35:21 pm »

((Still no PM))

Roll 52

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: Characters Present
Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro
Codo
Harry North
Ryan
Russano Neskratt

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

"Kenjaro!" Codo shouts as he comes closer. You signal for him to back off, however, [4+3] as your arm corrects itself from its twisted position. The pain leaves, and you feel a surge of energy through your right arm. It is now much stronger than before, or at least feels so.

[4+1] You take your dagger and lunge at your adversary. With both arms, you thrust the weapon into your target's joint, putting your full force into the blow and hitting with blinding speed!
(4+2) The dagger somehow shatters on impact with the captain's unprotected arm, sprinkling your visor with shards. You stand back dumbfounded by this new development.

Warning: Power supplies low. Backup power left: 0.13:32
*The power level goes down in spikes whenever you make an attack.*

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

"Fear not, for I shall assist you!" you shout to Kenjaro, preparing to make a running slash with your weapon.

[1+1] The two guards from before reenter the fight and grab hold of you before you can make a move. Their red-hot armor scorches your coat! The fiends!

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[1+2] You take cover beneath a ledge in one of the maintainence pits. Seeing through the floor, you target the guard captain and her subordinates, shooting not to kill but to scare them off.

(2) The first guard's armor is riddled with pockmarks, denting the softened steel. One grenade explodes behind him and causes a splatter of blood to appear on the front of his visor. He falls to the ground.
(6) The second guard emerges from the barrage relatively unscathed, Although his dodging patterns brought the hail of gunfire dangerously close to Dominic, who took a bullet to the knee.
(3) The guard captain shugs off the gunfire like nothing. Several shots visibly impact her exposed arms, but they seem to merely bounce off, releasing minor sparks as they do so. This confuses you greatly.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

The woman seems to be made of iron, judging from your companion's failure to cause her any harm. Perfect, as iron is a great conductor of electricity.

[5+1] You conjure a bolt of energy at the captain's center of mass. The thunder clap echoes several times throughout the chamber, announcing your presence with a suitable display of power.
(1) The captain is stunned by the blast, being knocked back but retaining her stance. She then takes off her visor and drops it to the floor, laughing. A thunderbolt-shaped tattoo is clearly visible running across her face.
"You and I have something in common, it seems."
She backs off of her assault and brushes Kenjaro away, knocking him on his back once again. Then, she holds up her arm, causing electricity to crackle between her charred fingers in a manner similar to your own powers. The arcs then surround her arm, looping around and forming a bubble around it.
"But I've found my place. I have no intentions to get fired, so unless you're bringing the place down, I can't allow you to leave. But we can still talk for a little while, if you think you can convince me."

New Miniquest: The Best Defense

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 28, 2014, 11:50:22 pm »

Ryan continues to shoot, still trying to not do anything lethal...

Keep shooting at the captain and the remaining guard using the turrets. Search the room with my powers for anything else I can control... if not see if I increase the capabilities of my teammates armor.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 04:34:59 am by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 29, 2014, 12:17:35 am »

"Further explaining your situation - outnumbered and having to choose between your job or death - does not seem too effective on you, so I will change my strategy." Russano says, sparking his brain into preparing to drain the guard captain of energy. "If you are not aware of what we came here to do, we just wanted some data. We already borrowed it by force and left the overseer be, though you should probably check on him since I assume he is your boss. We needed some information to confirm a rumor and this was the best way we found to do so, go figure out. In the end, we mean no further harm and things have only been escalating since you got into the picture."

The diplomat moves his head slightly to point at their escape route. "It would be appreciated if you could give us a headstart as we escape, but aside from that, I am curious. Who exactly are you?"

Talk to the guard captain, try to mimic the electric shield while doing so.
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 29, 2014, 12:57:04 am »

"Further explaining your situation - outnumbered and having to choose between your job or death - does not seem too effective on you, so I will change my strategy." Russano says, sparking his brain into preparing to drain the guard captain of energy. "If you are not aware of what we came here to do, we just wanted some data. We already borrowed it by force and left the overseer be, though you should probably check on him since I assume he is your boss. We needed some information to confirm a rumor and this was the best way we found to do so, go figure out. In the end, we mean no further harm and things have only been escalating since you got into the picture."

The diplomat moves his head slightly to point at their escape route. "It would be appreciated if you could give us a headstart as we escape, but aside from that, I am curious. Who exactly are you?"

Talk to the guard captain, try to mimic the electric shield while doing so.

The captain giggles. The tattoo on her face flashes momentarily, the electric bubble around her hand fading.

"Hmph, my situation is this: I can crush the lot of you like toothpicks. And I don't play games with fools like you who create havoc like what your little... I don't know, geomancer friend did in the mines. I don't care about your fancy plot or your goals, I'm just here to keep the peace and live a normal life. It's bastards like you who make me sick of what a person's gotta do to keep things in order."

Midway through her speech, it seemed as if something new just dawned on her. Her tone changed completely. She sighed deeply.

"Just this once. I'll let you go. But I want none of your clan to ever set foot on this station again. I'll delete every record we have and make sure all of the guards keep their mouths shut. Understood?" She turns to face the second guard, still alive, his armor having cooled down. The guard nods silently.

"Now, you said you wanted to know who I am?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 29, 2014, 01:09:58 am »

slowly get to my feet and gather my suits arms, move silently toward our escape route but be prepared to murder guards with my axe if they prove hostile.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 01:17:27 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 29, 2014, 01:15:34 am »

Pride gets in the way of many things, diplomacy being one of them. Instead of voicing any complaints about the woman's boastful behavior, Russano simply takes what is offered before him. "Thank you then. And yeah, I'm curious. Will you have to kill me if you tell or would it be a particularly long story you can't afford to tell right now? I'd like to listen to that, since using lightning as weapon is a thing I'm used to doing." He continues to talk, maintaining his composure even whilst personifying the pirate character.
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 29, 2014, 01:31:39 am »

Pride gets in the way of many things, diplomacy being one of them. Instead of voicing any complaints about the woman's boastful behavior, Russano simply takes what is offered before him. "Thank you then. And yeah, I'm curious. Will you have to kill me if you tell or would it be a particularly long story you can't afford to tell right now? I'd like to listen to that, since using lightning as weapon is a thing I'm used to doing." He continues to talk, maintaining his composure even whilst personifying the pirate character.

"Oh we have time. It'll be a while before the next reporter comes in. The last one... you saw me nail him across the chest. He went flying and, well, died. I've been trying to cover that up but I just realized that you've given me the perfect opportunity to hide it. I've gotta thank you for that, really. Take the data, I don't care where, just take it far away from here so that nobody will ever find out."

She seemed a lot more friendly than before, although you aren't sure whether or not she can be trusted with the kinds of mood swings she's had so far.

"I'll tell you. I lived a hard life down in Empire City. My parents both died on me when I was thirteen--some kind of fungal disease broke out in the city, turned them both into monsters. I had to put them down myself inside my own home with a torch.
That's when I went through a sort of crisis, if you will. I had nothing left to do, nobody to love me or guide me through life. So I set out to find what people considered 'normal.' I got a job, I eventually went up into space. I failed a lot of times in various places, actually, and then... I can't really describe it, but it was a realization that dawned on me. You should be familiar with it. It's all in the way we think. We don't think like normal people do--our thoughts, our will... they are projected outward into the world, and they change the way it works on a basic level. And something I realized about myself was that I was unmoving. I resisted change--I had the desire to be normal again, but I knew it wasn't possible. But my will was there, and my desire never changed throughout all the years I went through. That's why I'm, as your friends found out, completely unstoppable. I learn. I adapt. But in the end, I tend to keep things the way they are.

You've also taught me a new trick, incidentally. That lightning of yours--I was wondering when I'd come across something like that. I was actually worried... for a moment."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 01:34:07 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 75