Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66901 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #405 on: November 02, 2013, 12:26:14 pm »

''... Oops.'' Davis, slowly realising that he delved a little TOO deep after all, attempts to get back out of the man's mind and back into his own.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 02, 2013, 01:08:48 pm »

Well... just preventing the turrets from activating should do... imagine the look on the guy's face when they don't work... if it comes to that. As for the panel... maybe a secret passage? Too what though? Maybe for emergencies? For now... Ryan thinks he shouldn't worry about it... though maybe be a good idea to be able to keep it from opening on a moments notice would be a good idea.

Continue to pretend to read the papers. Try to make it so the turrets can't activate... and also be ready to prevent the panel from opening in case the need to arises. Lastly see what all else it seems possible to control in the room and try searching around the electronic network outside the room too. See if I can find anything else of interest. Then tell Russano about what I found and what I've done. Quietly of course.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 12:54:29 am by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 06, 2013, 11:51:11 pm »

((Herp derp. How can I have missed this twice?))

"This deal's great and a glass would be gladly accepted." Russano answers, taking another look at the papers and then at Ryan as if he happens to be consulting his companion's opinion on the whole deal. Of course, the reason's very different. He needs some kind of confirmation from the unstable pyromaniac that everything's fine before they can knock out the man and steal the data they need.

Keep up with the act.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 07, 2013, 06:07:44 pm »

"Sounds resonable. Well, let us go on our way."

Follow Kenjaro to the cave.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 09, 2013, 01:31:15 am »

Free time!

Roll 40

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: Characters Present
Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

You and the stranger head back into the mines, keeping your eyes peeled for suspicious guards. As you descend the stairway, you identify three parties of guards searching each floor thoroughly. They appear to be using magnetic sensors and rock picks to try and find whatever they can in the walls.
[4] Thankfully, you slip by unnoticed.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

As you reach the fourth floor, Kenjaro warns you before you step off the platform.
"If Codo is indeed there, take care not to surprise him. If he is at the door, he will certainly be ready to shoot as soon as he sees someone enter. Let me do the talking."
You nod, and step down onto the metal grate embedded into the stone. The search squads have not reached this place yet, although they soon will.

Kenjaro begins to head into the tunnels, but you catch a glimpse of a fallen worker in the corner of your vision. Your natural hospitality urges you to go help him, although taking him to safety would be risky and take a lot of time.

--

Quote from: Characters Present
Ryan
Davis Theul
Russano Neskratt
Overseer Wallace

Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul

[2] While you can easilty control others, you cannot control your own senses just yet. Unfamiliar with the phenomenon you have just experienced, you cannot reverse it voluntarily--there's no "puling yourself out" of a hole that can't be climbed, especially when you've gone too deep.
*Davis' body remains hunched over, not moving an inch. Natural impulses like breathing and such are still functional, though. [1] Overseer Wallace appears disappointed but is unaware that you are currently invading the psyche of one of his company's men*

Quote from: Mindreader (Victor Wescott) (Tag duration left: 2/2)
Note: You are possessing this person. This is written from the perspective of the host's body.
You are: Lieutenant Victor Wescott of the Van Buren Private Security Fleet
Your orders:
-Refuel all ships under your command at Phoenix Star station
-Report back with all relevant information regarding the security of the station
Your interests:
-Get promoted to the rank of naval Commander
-Smuggle your captured uncle off of Phoenix Star station

*You remain in a diagonal position. An attendant and an armored guard captain walk out of the planning room and see you, asking you a question.*
"Hey, Vic, why are you leaning against that wall?"
*...*
"Vic..."

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[2] While thinking, your eyes drift to the side. Normally, the overseer would see this and become annoyed at the fact that both of Russano's men are blankly staring into the abyss, but your faceplate makes it pretty hard to tell what you are doing.

[2] The turrets cannot be disabled, it seems. They have a wireless component to them that makes their programming difficult to infiltrate, so making them just deactivate without any orders is out of the question.
[5] However, your technopathic powers allow you to slowly overtake the network of controls found around the system. Utilizing their connections, you are now able to invade the entire power grid on this portion of the station--including the fission reactor at its core.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Knocking out the overseer might lead to more problems than it would solve. The data is very likely encrypted, so knowing who to threaten for the key would be vital to making sense of it. Unless, of course, someone on Russano's ship could decrpyt corporate-level security.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 09, 2013, 06:25:12 pm »

Check to see if there are any guards nearby, then go and see to the worker.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 09, 2013, 07:01:34 pm »

The worker looked at Dominic and reached out with his arm. His leg seemed to be twisted at an odd angle and he was having trouble breathing.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 09, 2013, 08:32:17 pm »

Invade the power grid.... and a fission reactor? ((Man I wanna try and overload and blow it up....)) Ryan wants to try turning it off.. then that'll definitely shut down the turrets too. But first letting Russano know what his plan is might be a good idea.

Ryan leans over and whispers to Russano, making seem he's talking about what's on the paper, "Um... I can't do anything with the turrets... at least not easily at all... but I can invade the power grid to this section and try and shut it down... that sounds like it'll make a good distraction for us... plus that'll still take care of the turrets."
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 09, 2013, 11:48:13 pm »

((Hey zero, could you please change my speech to purple? im having a hard time reading the yellow.))

walking back to see what has stopped the stranger Kenjaro notices the fallen worker and decides to help him.

"If we are to help this man i suggest we be quick about it. grab one of his arms and ill get the other, Codo should have a few med-kits in his cave."

Help Dominic carry Urist mcWorker to Codo's hideaway, if we arrive this coming turn strike the the "door" with my forearm heavily three times then say the following.

"Codo it is Kenjaro please open the door, i have brought two companions with me, one of them is heavily injured but the other may have a way off of this god forsaken rock. please hurry."
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 10, 2013, 12:09:41 am »

((Hey zero, could you please change my speech to purple? im having a hard time reading the yellow.))

((That's why I opted for a darker shade, although I forgot to use it for that line of dialogue.

I'll do that though (next roll).))
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:15:40 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 10, 2013, 12:22:01 am »

((cheers.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 11, 2013, 12:29:37 pm »

"Um... I can't do anything with the turrets... at least not easily at all... but I can invade the power grid to this section and try and shut it down... that sounds like it'll make a good distraction for us... plus that'll still take care of the turrets."

"Can't you shut down only the power for the turrets? We probably need the grid working if we want to have light and life support." Russano answers in a hushed whisper before turning his head back to the overseer and poking Davis' unmoving body. "See, this is why I complimented your guard captain. Wish I had at least a dozen soldiers as fine as that."

Discreetly cast Twisted Transistor on the Overseer to weaken him. If Ryan says he's cut off energy to the turrets, move in and subdue the man.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 16, 2013, 10:53:58 pm »

Ryan nods slightly and does what Russano says since it's does sound a lot better then turn off all the power.

Try to cut off power to the turrents.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 17, 2013, 02:31:19 pm »

"I agree, that sounds like the best thing to do right now."

Pick up one of the worker's arms and bring him to Codo's cave with Kenjaro.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 17, 2013, 02:39:36 pm »

((Max, you forgot again.))
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75