Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66877 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #375 on: September 10, 2013, 04:11:55 pm »

Continue to follow.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 10, 2013, 08:08:53 pm »

"No, Stop!, You don't need to attack! Just follow me!"
Distract the guard for 10 seconds, then have the worker follow me.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 13, 2013, 12:13:48 pm »

Davis tries to get into the minds of the people he had heard as he passed them by as he waited in the elevator.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 16, 2013, 03:37:59 pm »

A little late, but it'll have to do.

Roll 37

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

You see the guy you just helped raise an axe over the Commander's head. After noticing that the axe is, in fact, designed for combat, you realize that you've just assisted in murder.
"Stop, that's not neccesary!"
The Commander regains his senses and looks up. He searches his belt for the radio before seeing that it's on the ground a few meters away. Then, he starts crawling for it. Seeing as the Commander is in a suit of hulking armor, there's not much you can do in the way of blocking him.
[2] "Uhm, on second thought," you begin, trying to find the most morally acceptable way to do this, "Go for the radio!"

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

You nod and beat the slow, clumsy commander to his radio, snatching it off the ground and attaching it to your utility belt. The commander starts to get up as he sees you, and then rushes for his gun.
"Why not just kill him, friend?" you shout, "Hostilities have just begun..."
You ready your axe once more.

Martial Trance active!

--

Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul

[2] Alas, since you've trained your powers to identify people through sight, your powers cannot acquire a person you cannot see, as sound isn't distinctive enough (you couldn't tell a recording from a regular person). Your options here are to develop a form of clairvoyance, find another way of gaining sight, or work on your perceptive skills to indentify people through sound.

Nonetheless, a person walked out of the hall the moment the elevator door closed. You caught a glimpse of him, so you established a link with his mind at the last moment.

Quote from: Mindreader (Unnamed personnel) (Tag duration left: 2/2)
Maybe the mercenary did have something to do with it. He couldn't have planted the bombs, but still...
*Few minutes later*
The traitor isn't talking. I'll arrage for Squad Eight to apprehend that mercenary at the docking bay. We need more information.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

"Disappointing," the gentleman replies. "I was really hoping I'd be transferred when the mining operation is discontinued. They want me to head a vacant hovel from that point on."
The elevator seems to hit something along the guide rails and rattles a bit.
"Shoddily constructed, no commercial value, the only advantage is that the King's goons barged in and confiscated our backups of the official database yet. That's the only thing that's left on this rock, to be totally honest. And I'll be in charge of watching it so it doesn't collect dust."

The metal cabin screeches to a halt and the doors slide open. A secretary welcomes you and the others, directing you at a hallway to the left of the empty waiting room. The right hallway is painted a darker shade of red than the other walls, and the doors along the sides are labelled "Staff Only."
"My office is the first one on the left. Shall we?"
He begins walking toward the door.
"Anything past this point is confidential. The office is soundproofed--nobody will hear a thing."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 16, 2013, 10:41:48 pm »

If you really don't want me killing him then grab his gun and lets get out of here.

Hamstring the commander with my vibro-axe in an attempt to prevent him reaching his weapon, aim for the back of the knee or ankle joints.

follow Russano if he has the commanders weapon and wants to leave.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:58:17 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 16, 2013, 10:55:25 pm »

"I understand. Privacy comes first, heh?" the disguised diplomat says jovially, following behind the man. Though he's smiling calmly and going with the flow, his senses are still sharpened and ready to pick up any sign of trouble. He doesn't even know exactly what was Dominic's plan when he left the group to do whatever he fancied.

Russano is painfully aware things have a reasonable chance of not going as smoothly as he hoped they could go, despite the fact they have been going remarkably well so far on their side.

Keep following the man.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 19, 2013, 11:45:04 am »

Ryan still doesn't much to do... though going into a soundproof room? Maybe he should start preparing in case something happens in there...

Continue to follow as usual, and look around to see what electronics I could control with my powers that could be useful to do so.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 19, 2013, 04:53:50 pm »

Davis kept silent, attempting to keep in contact mentally with the man from before to continue reading his thoughts. If it becomes obvious that it is no longer possible to do so, read the thoughts of the man leading us. Any threat of discovery of his mental games, Davis stops immediately.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 20, 2013, 05:18:25 pm »

"He'll be harmless anyway in a few seconds, there no reason to kill him"

Grab the captains weapon, then lead the worker back to the hangar. Speak in a DEEP AND BOLD VOICE to mask my presence.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:13:03 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 23, 2013, 04:04:48 pm »

((I forgot, momentarily, that this is all taking place in zero-gravity. Realistically, things like the radio and gun would be attached magnetically or via a cable to the suit. For further notice, this is the information on all of the guards:

-Armor plates cover flat areas of the body, granting 2 defense to attacks coming into contact with the protected body parts.
-The elbows, backs of the knees, hands, and ankles have minor protection. For gameplay purposes, striking at weak points ignores the armor's defense.
-The guards are armed with rifles, shotguns, and occasionally a heavy machine gun in case of an organized raid. These weapons have magnets for storage but are usually held in the hands or slung and are left unattached to the suits. They also have sidearms which are attached to their holster via an extendable cable.
-Magazines and handheld equipment have magnets on them so that they can easily be removed and will stick to a wall in case they are dislodged.

And as for the current situation:
-The guard's gun and radio have been dislodged from the suit. The gun is currently stuck to a wall and the radio is on the ceiling.

So... I'm sorry for the break but I suppose we can get back on track soon enough. Also, HighEndNoob, I would consider taking care not to expose your identity as that could endanger your party should the commander be discovered missing and his body recovered. This could be a major source of character conflict, in fact, so don't hesitate to express your character's thoughts as I don't want to force people into a certain style.))
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:12:36 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 26, 2013, 07:04:20 pm »

Roll 38

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

The commander, listening to the exchange, regains his senses and rights himself. His right boot kept his foot cemented to the metal grating, albeit on its side, and with that point of balance he flung himself back onto his feet with a thrust of his right arm. He spotted the rifle on the wall where it came to rest and made a run for it.
Pushing up the collar of his coat to obscure the bottom half of his hooded face, Dominic shouts in a deep and bold voice:
"STOP HIM OR WE WILL BE DOOMED."

He really enjoyed pronouncing "doom" that way.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

Axe in hand, Kenjaro sprints at the commander, catching up to him quickly. He launches himself off the floor and places his full mass behind a wide two-handed slash, aiming for the back of the commander's knee where the plates of his armor intersect.
[6+1] The axe lets out an ear-piercing squeal as it its blade digs through the exposed inner lining of the suit, tearing apart the commander's knee and eliciting a muffled shout from within the suit. Stunned by the pain and crippled by the injury, the officer loses control over his motion and trips to the ground.

As Kenjaro wipes the blood and impact gel off of his axe blade, he hears Dominic screaming at him to look out just as a large dagger flies spinning past his face. The dagger bounces erratically, leaving dents in the walls, and comes to rest on the floor standing on its pommel. Kenjaro looks at the commander, who is stuck in a sitting position with frozen limbs and arm stretched out as if he were gripping a handle.

Martial Trance active! (2)
Martial Trance will end next turn.

After hiding the commander, whose muffled shouting can hardly be heard despite its frequency, Dominic announces that he and Kenjaro should get to the hangar while they still can.
Kenjaro, surprised by the sudden hospitality, hesistated to think things through. He had this supsicion that Dominic may have had something to do with the explosions, and that by escaping with Dominic, he would essentially doom the men and women he had worked with in the past month to an unjust death.

In fact, he remembered a lot of people who could prove useful and wanted to escape as well. There was a scientist he knew who went by the name Codo. He was brilliant, though reckless, and his actions had indirectly led to his ship being attacked by pirates. Technically, Codo owed Kenjaro for getting him caught in this mess, but squabbling over whose blame it was would only arouse suspicion and worsen their chances of an escape.
((I'll let you guys RP this out. I don't want to force anyone into any course of action.))

--

((Also, I've decided to more explicitly mention which colors/formats belong to which character as it will get comfusing in the long run. Characters whose lines were previously bold are now colored like the rest.))

Overseer Wallace

Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
Quote from: Mindreader (Unnamed personnel) (Tag duration left: 1/2)
Nine's commander isn't responding to my call.
Going to tell alpha and bravo to talk to him. He's upset about the code changes, I bet.

Davis is sure the man he was reading doesn't know about Davis' muddling around. If there were any suspicion in the man's thoughts, Davis would know.
This person seemed to have a lot of power. Digging a little deeper to figure out whom he was reading could help.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

Ryan consciously searches the room for control panels and exposed wiring. He could tap into the room's electrical network and get a feel for it that way.

[1] In doing so, he seems to have created a signal somewhere, somehow. Two panels on the wall slide downward, revealing turrets hidden underneath. Both turrets extend from the wall and train their autocannons on those in the center of the room.

"What's this?"
The turrets remained stationary.
"I swear," Wallace said in confusion. "that wasn't supposed to happen."
He took out a remote from his pocket and appeared to be pressing buttons.
"The green light's on. This isn't right at all..." he muttered.

[Interruption possible: Overseer Wallace]

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

((The following will only happen if you choose not to interrupt Wallace))

The overseer presses a button that causes the turrets to retract. Embarrassed, he sits down.
"I'm so sorry. If you'll excuse that just for now, I'd like to explain the contract I talked about in the recording I sent you."
He points his remote at the wall, which turns out to be a screen that displays some information on common presentation software.
"A convoy funded by his majesty's charter is about to leave for a colony in the edge worlds. It's lightly guarded, but we're short on manpower... do you like where this is going?"

« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 07:37:28 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 27, 2013, 12:27:49 am »

pick up the commanders knife and rifle while speaking to dominic.

I thank you for assisting me in my escape, there are others here who have also expressed a desire to leave, Codo for one is a brilliant scientist and i am sure he could help you with something in return.
If you were to help me rescue them i would be in your debt.

((by the ware zero, im not meant to have that name tag and my name is meant to still be on it. I was meant to damage it in such a way that my name was still legible but would arouse suspicion as to how it was damaged.

i was meant to give it to my co-worker so he could blame everything on me if the guards found no answers thus sparing the workers from execution.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 27, 2013, 05:18:37 pm »

((I believe I forgot to replace the + with an x to indicate you weren't holding it anymore. We'll go with what you said for the next roll.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 29, 2013, 09:28:48 am »

((Were the autocannons aiming at everyone inside the room? Before acting, I want to make sure whether they are fully automated and the remote control's a failsafe mechanism or if they should need a command to activate under normal conditions. If we try to knock out the overseer and the turrets happen to be fully automated, then we'd be in for being perforated.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 29, 2013, 02:40:48 pm »

[3] Russano couldn't tell whom the turrets were aimed at, but it was very likely they were programmed to sweep across targets without firing at whoever has some sort of identification (perhaps the remote). After all, facial recognition wouldn't work if someone was hiding under a table, for example.

Unsure whether or not Russano had accepted the idea that this was an accident, Wallace continued to assure him.
"If you're still worried about the cannons, those are designed to activate only in extreme situations where lives are in danger. I'm not sure what could have caused that to happen right now, perhaps it mistook the sound of your footsteps as a gunshot... or something."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 75