Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66908 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #420 on: November 23, 2013, 12:51:20 pm »

(BLEAAAAGH!!! Sorry. Mixture of forgetting and lack of inspiration when I do remember.)

Davis attempts to control Vic for now, as he can't get out himself.

Speaking as Vic:

''Oh, hah, sorry. Suddenly feel nauseous. I'll... be fine.'' He attempts to get Vic to the bathroom... using Vic's memories of the place to get to it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 24, 2013, 09:02:55 pm »

Roll 41

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: Characters Present
Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

"Hold on, there's someone here."
You call Kenjaro over to pick up the injured worker off the ground and take him with you into the cave. The worker asks where you are taking him, you respond with "Somewhere safe, hopefully," and continue.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

You carry the worker to the slab of rock that covers the entrance to Codo's, and set his feet down so that he dosn't float around. Putting your head to the side of the slab, you yell softly: "Codo it is Kenjaro please open the door, I have brought two companions with me, one of them is heavily injured but the other may have a way off of this god forsaken rock. Please hurry."
*Silence*
You give him some more time, but eventually you grow impatient and begin moving the slab aside yourself. Inside, you find his desk attached to the wall, his private journal floating around and detatched from , and a locker that used to contain medical supplies but is now empty except for a few loose bandages. You check the injured worker to see if his wounds are bleeding. They don't seem to be. His name is Francis, but you don't recognize him from your work floor.

[3] Looking for clues, you find that his journal has had most of its pages torn out. On the remaining page you see the following phrase scratched out in Codo's handwriting: Look for me where you know I am. In the place where we used to meet. Frequently visited. To the right.
You don't recall meeting anywhere with him, and wish he had given you specifics, but you understand why he was so vague. Still, the note really isn't that helpful in telling you where he is.

[5] Dominic finds a strange barrel outside of the room. It appears to have a flap cut out in the back to make a human-sized space. It also has magnets welded onto the bottom at odd angles. There is nobody inside of it.

--

Ryan
Davis Theul
Russano Neskratt
Overseer Wallace

Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul

Excellent plan! Instead of trying to get back into your body you control this person instead. You fear that the lucid experience may trap you inside this body for longer, but judging from your memories you have some authority. If you can wrestle control away from Victor you could make sure that your body survives intact.

Quote from: Mindreader (Victor Wescott) (Tag duration left: 2/2)
Note: You are possessing this person. This is written from the perspective of the host's body.
You are: Lieutenant Victor Wescott of the Van Buren Private Security Fleet
Your orders:
-Refuel all ships under your command at Phoenix Star station
-Report back with all relevant information regarding the security of the station
Your interests:
-Get promoted to the rank of naval Commander
-Smuggle your captured uncle off of Phoenix Star station

*You crudely fake nausea, placing your hand over your face despite still wearing a mask. The Guard Captain laughs, but seems to believe you.*
"Still adjusting? It's okay, you'll get over it."
"I need... a sink."

*You turn around and storm off to the where you remember the bathroom is. You realize you are in zero-G in this body, but there are bags stored in the bathroom that you can use to keep faking your nausea.*

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[5] You manage to cut off power to the turrets by forcing the electrons not to pass through the wires through sheer will. Wow.
Now that the turrets should be nonfunctional, along with other key security elements such as cameras and alarms (which you also disabled), you wink at Russano and let the captain do his work.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

[5] You link the overseer and, on Ryan's signal, vault onto the table and grab him by the throat with your gauntleted fist. You feel just like a pirate already.
Overseer Wallace begins repeatedly pressing all of the buttons on his remote, but they don't appear to do anything. Whatever Ryan did worked perfectly up to this point. Now, to find the datacenter and steal the drives containing the information you are looking for.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 24, 2013, 09:28:39 pm »

((Hmm this is difficult without any knowledge of our backstory, did we both work in the same mining tunnel? Is there a meeting hall somewhere? Where are all the barrels stored?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 24, 2013, 09:40:08 pm »

((You never "met" at a particular place other than the cave. The workers are allowed to enter the training room, cafeteria, and quarters. And yes, you did work in the same mining tunnel, but your schedules are pretty busy. You don't really get free time to roam around, and Codo has been reprimanded multiple times for not working.

There are barrels all over the place. There is a fairly large pile near the elevator at each floor since it is used to transport both cargo and people))
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:41:52 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 24, 2013, 09:53:21 pm »

Russano feels a passing, and rather silly, desire to shout "Yarr!" while threatening the overseer. "Datacenter and drives, now. Or you may become very crispy, very soon." Though usually much more verbose, the diplomat also knows less in more pertaining to threats - long-winded ones had a tendency to not have as much impact as the shorter, more dramatic ones.

Coerce the Overseer into getting us those drives.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 25, 2013, 10:57:45 am »

Now that we have a witness that Victor is not feeling well, Davis controls Victor to his room, stating to anyone nearby that he needs to lie down for a bit.
The plan there is in the quiet of that room, Davis can start to slowly leave Victor's mind and return to his own without worrying about raising suspicion... hoping that Victor will not have much memory of this, ofcourse. Davis will try to glean what he can of this place, particularly as to where the objective is and how to get their.

(... Man, I suck. I've forgotten why we're here again XD)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 25, 2013, 02:45:09 pm »

((The mission is to bring back the station's recent records in case the Van Buren Mining Company has had something to do with an Aldrosian expedition being compromised. It's part of an ongoing search to figure out what happened.))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 29, 2013, 02:14:15 pm »

Check inside of the barrel, see if there is anything of note left inside.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 01, 2013, 06:04:39 am »

rack brain for locations that match his clues, check them discreetly

((cant figure it out IRL, gonna have to resort to intuition rolls :())
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 01, 2013, 03:33:45 pm »

Waiting on SuperBlast. I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 04, 2013, 04:21:24 am »

((Sorry for being late... I took a two week break from the internet which was meant to only be a few days hahaha))

Ryan smiles as he watches his success in disarming the security. He readies his weapon and waits for Russano to do his... threatinging thing. He also notices Davis isn't moving... which he's pretty sure he should be.

Continue to disable security if I have to continually have to diable them at all times in order to keep the security deactivated. If I don't then nvermind that. Ready my weapon for anything and lastly try to wake Davis up by shaking him slightly.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 07, 2013, 04:10:19 pm »

For further reference, I tend to be busy Tuesdays and Thursdays. After finals this will end though.

Roll 42

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro
Codo

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[4] Knowing your friend, the note is probably just a red herring designed to distract the search teams with vague statements that don't actually mean anything. The real message was probably cryptic and hidden. It was actually quite simple, really. The first letters of each sentence on the note read "LIFT," which was probably intentional as the sentences themselves were awkward and unmeaningful.
That bit of evidence, combined with the prototype barrel meant that Codo was probably hiding in a barrel next to the elevator. In fact, the elevator was still on this floor, so perhaps Codo was using the situation as a means of escape.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[2] With nothing in the barrel, you follow Kenjaro to the elevator, bringing the injured worker along.

Kenjaro starts looking through barrels on the cargo elevator. You begin to do the same, when a voice calls out to you from inside a barrel.
"What is your name, traveller?"

--

Ryan
Davis Theul
Russano Neskratt
Overseer Wallace

Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul

[6] You finally break the psionic link between your minds, returning to your former body disoriented and confused. You find that your face is pressed firmly against the table and that your nose hurts. A lot. But it seems that Russano and Ryan have the place under control.
Ryan grabs you by the shoulder and shakes it vigourously, almost knocking you off of your chair.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

Fortunately, Davis seems to be awake again. You were beginning to fear that something was wrong with him... that there was perhaps another psionic presence on this station, maybe? Psions were exceedingly rare. The fact that you found an entire party of psions was almost unbelievable, almost as if there were some guiding force that brought everyone together for the purposes of embarking on this quest.

[3] You need to remain aware of the electronics network to continue suppressing it, but you can multitask. For now, you ready the sidearm that Russano suggested you pick up--the self-aiming pistol, if you remember correctly.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

"That's... that's really it? I thought... okay okay. The data center is at the end of the hall, just around the corner, and I'll tell you the encryption key, just give me my computer and a pen and I'll write it down for you."
The overseer seems compliant with your demands.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 07, 2013, 06:26:38 pm »

''Bleugh!??'' Davis almost starts, but keeps himself quiet. He attempts to notice his surroundings and try to find out what's been going on while he was gone, making a mental note of not being so forceful again.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 08, 2013, 02:21:56 am »

Davis seems ok... not much to do now except be on guard and making sure the security continues to no work like it's supposed to do.

Standby and continue blocking the power from all the security stuff.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 08, 2013, 09:19:11 am »

"oh you found him" speaks kenjaro to dominic.

"Codo meet dominic, hes kindly offered to take us off this rock."

make introductions, suggest that we get moving.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 75