Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66827 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #210 on: April 24, 2013, 02:57:52 pm »

"Oh dear, what's going on?"
Try to find out what is happening.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 30, 2013, 11:01:57 pm »

((Sorry about taking so damn long. Tests, general insanity IRL, trying to make bad excuses look better... Also, BUMP!))

Were Russano a lesser man, his eye would start to twitch right now after having gone through so much shit in the same day only to have it get worse. Instead, he takes a deep breath and his eyes narrow until they are little more than slit, the predatory glint of his eyes barely seen between the lids. "Iron Crown soldiers, again. Stay alert."

He turns towards the men with his eyes still narrowed and a very corteous smile that is as obviously venomous as it is possible for a diplomat to make, and that is saying something. "Gentlemen, if it's about the assassin whom I killed and, I presume, was hired by you, then could you please remain a safe distance away from me?" he says, starting to move the fingers of his armored hand playfully while lightning arcs between them. This is very likely to be one of the worst moments ever to pick a fight with Russano, and he's trying to show it before it comes down to using his stored energy on them.

Talk, but prepare the extremely overcharged Lightning Bolt to be delivered unto them upon any sign of hostile activity.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 01, 2013, 11:23:24 am »

(same reasons as Caellath as to lateness... excuses really. :P)

Davis tensed at the situation, before entering the minds of these newcomers to determine their intentions and why whilst readying himseld to duck and cover should they suddenly attack without notice.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 01, 2013, 06:37:52 pm »

((Mid-terms, gotta hate em))

Nobody seemed to notice the soldiers walking in, nor doing anything, for that matter. They stopped in place, and the accountant walked out from the midst of them and over to Russano.
"Do you think the Iron Crown will merely step back and let you go? You killed one of our finest assets, and now you expect us to follow your whims?"
Russano felt a psychic force attempting to take control of his body.
"Nobody resists us, nobody can..."
The intensity of the psychic attack was increasing. While Russano's iron mind wasn't really affected, he could notice the rest of his party--and everyone else in the room, for that matter--clutching their heads. This was a rather typical attack. It was considerably less effective on targets with wills strong enough to show psionic potential, and even less effective on Russano. His team would be fine, though disoriented. Russano could tell that this accountant was merely an amatuer with her powers.

The accountant saw Russano stand unaffected. Baffled, she snapped her fingers, and everyone in the room except she and Russano fell to the ground.
"Why isn't it working? What are you!?" she shouted.

Russano merely kept his grin, and said, "While I can't explain to you why your powers don't work on me, I can tell you that you are now outnumbered, five-to-one."
His party started to get up, hers didn't.

Spoiler: ((On Perfectio)) (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 01, 2013, 08:51:42 pm »

((I just noticed it says I'm still rooted in my stats.... I'm pretty sure I'm still not lol.))

Ryan got up while rubbing his head from the headache he got from the lady.

"Ow.... I don't get any of this Iron Crown business.... but you shouldn't go around giving people headaches.... at least I think that's a rude thing to do...."

Yeah that his amnesia talking in the last part. Though this doesn't just sit around. He activates thing he did that let's him be on fire. He figured it'd be a great way to intimidate her. "Well whether it was rude or not that still hurt."

Use burnout and then put on a scary look for intimidation. While doing so, take note of anything that seems electronic that I could manipulate.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 01, 2013, 10:28:07 pm »

((Ooh, this is back :D))

Steven springs up from the ground and lands on his feet, drawing his guns and grinning when he sees that it was a woman who knocked him out, and a wealthy looking one at that. He quickly turns to his allies gives Russano an exaggerated wink before pointing his pistols at the team and backing up towards the woman.

"Alright you guys, just back away slowly and nobody is gonna get turned into a flaming hunk of Swiss cheEEEEEE-"

With a carefully aimed stumble, he trips backwards and lands flat on his back at the woman's feet, staring up at her and enjoying the worm's eye view for a moment before crying out in mock-agony.

"Shit, my leg! Miss, I know that this is sudden, but you have to help me out here! Just get me to my feet, and I think I can portal the both of us out of here before they arrest us!"

With that, Steven puts on his best pair of puppy-dog eyes and waits for the magic to happen.

Distract/seduce the woman with the aforementioned plan, and restrain her with a massive hug of gratitude while she's distracted.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2013, 08:15:15 am »

Davis remained silent, rubbing his head whilst he to read her mind for intentions and, hopefully, delve a little deeper into what the heck was happening.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2013, 09:06:35 am »

"Now that this little problem is almost solved, it is about time you surrender." the warlock says with the same false pleasant smile  - ostensibly a grin - as he displays obvious delight in the woman's troubled situation. He raises his armored glove, still crackling with electricity, and nonchalantly points two fingers at the woman while. The act itself is a promise of pain in case she decides to defy his orders. "Cease and desist. Now."

Demand surrender. Lightning Bolt the girl if she tries to escape or perform any sudden movements, such as taking poison, pressing a button etc. Do not kill, just get her unconscious for enough time to get her a long duration sedative.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2013, 05:44:04 pm »

"Iron Crown? I can tell that this will be interesting."
Try to get information out of the accountant.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 05, 2013, 03:27:13 pm »

Roll 23

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

The woman, speechless, backed away. She obviously realized she had made a grave mistake in assuming her powers were enough to acomplish what she wanted. She still wanted revenge on that man (Russano), but now clearly wasn't the time, so she turned around and sprinted toward the exit.

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Demand surrender. Lightning Bolt the girl if she tries to escape or perform any sudden movements, such as taking poison, pressing a button etc. Do not kill, just get her unconscious for enough time to get her a long duration sedative.

[2] Russano thought twice before casting his lightning on her. The bolts were greatly charged--Russano had been draining energy from Steven since the confrontation in the alleyway. The arcs circling around his armored glove were heating the metal, leaving red-hot patches on the outer surface. While he was still in control, he wasn't sure if it was even possible to not completely vaporize anything he hit when he put the powers to full effect.
As he tried to decide to shoot the girl or not, she began running and Russano stopped himself from killing her now. Next time, he thought. Warlocks are not impetuous.

Quote from: Superblast, AKA Ryan
Use burnout and then put on a scary look for intimidation. While doing so, take note of anything that seems electronic that I could manipulate.

[4] Having been passive all this time, Ryan realized that he could finally be of use. As the woman ran toward the automatic door he sprang into action, recognizing the opportunity. At the last moment, the door began to make the humming sound to signal it was about to open. The lights on the surface then turned red and the woman slammed into the door, reacting late.

Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt
Distract/seduce the woman with the aforementioned plan, and restrain her with a massive hug of gratitude while she's distracted.

[4] Steven saw the woman bounce off the door and began his act. Pointing his guns toward the team, he ran backwards toward her shouting in a remarkably believable yet excessive tone--he was Steven Cobalt, professional artifact hunter, after all.
"Alright you guys, just back away slowly and nobody is gonna get turned into a flaming hunk of Swiss cheEEEEEE-"
One carefully timed stumble later and he was at the woman's feet.
"Shit, my leg! Miss, I know that this is sudden, but you have to help me out here! Just get me to my feet, and I think I can portal the both of us out of here before they arrest us!"
Russano looked at him as if this was just what he expected. Steven gave him an exxagerated wink, and Russano's face changed to one of curiosity.

[3] The accountant from the city hall, however, was not amused. She screamed, "Get the hell away from me you freak" and jumped away. Steven ran after her, shouting "As I said, there is no time to explain!" while struggling to keep up with her in his bulky police uniform with his rifle over his shoulder.
s
Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
read her mind for intentions and, hopefully, delve a little deeper into what the heck was happening.

[5] The accountant wishes to get revenge on Russano for killing the assassin who tried to kill Russano. The assassin happened to be the woman's fiancé, whom she had planned to leave with after serving in the Iron Crown as an undercover agent for quite some time.
Her powers involve psychologically manipulating people and, in this case, reducing people's brains to mush through psionic attack.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 03:29:40 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 05, 2013, 04:22:41 pm »

''Ai yai yai, are you kidding?'' Davis said in exasperation. ''Well, least we don't need to check to see if these guys are still alive.'' Davis spoke to himself, looking at the bodies. Then he turned to the group, mainly to Dominic. ''Apparently, a man that this guy-'' Pointing to Russano. -''killed earlier was her fiance she was going to slash and dash with. She can manipulate people to do what she wants, be careful.''

Davis then mentally tags the group and the accountant and, using his visor, sees if he can cut her off as he sets off.

[Edited so it makes sense now. :P]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:55:10 pm by Maxinum McDreich »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 05, 2013, 07:30:38 pm »

''Ai yai yai, are you kidding?'' Davis said in exasperation. ''Well, least we don't need to check to see if these guys are still alive.'' Davis spoke to himself, looking at the bodies. Then he turned to the group, mainly to Dominic. ''She's not with the Crown. She's an undercover agent. Apparently, a man that this guy-'' Pointing to Russano. -''killed earlier was her fiance she was going to slash and dash with. She can manipulate people to do what she wants, be careful.''

Davis then mentally tags the group and the accountant and, using his visor, sees if he can cut her off as he sets off.

((By undercover agent, I mean she works as an agent for the Iron Crown.

They basically infiltrate local governments and cause trouble so that they can draw blame to the real Centauri government.))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 05, 2013, 08:28:27 pm »

((I really can't think of anything for me to do right now lol))

if she tries running away someplace else, control technology to cut off her escape... again. If she doesn't, try to prevent the tram from leaving us behind.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:31:43 am by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2013, 09:54:34 pm »

((Is the tram going to leave soon or does it need the conductor to start?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2013, 10:42:03 pm »

((Quick report: You are in a large waiting-room sort of area. The tram has stopped and takes up the entirety of one wall. There is a fence with a gate on it and the conductor is slouched down by the rail, unconscious. There is a window on the side of the room where technicians (also knocked out) were watching to make sure everything happens normally. However, the trams are automated and will leave in a few minutes.

Should a fight break out if the Iron Crown soldiers wake up, the only cover consists of chairs and metal benches. The room is rectangular.))
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 75