Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66788 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2013, 01:58:08 am »

Steven sighs and holds out the warp crystal as if to give it to Russano, but instead begins to rapidly cool the air around it.

"Easier? Ryan, buddy, I'm Steven Cobalt, and never in my five-hundred and some-such years have I EVER done something the easy way! There's just no story to be told about buying a crystal to help a friend get to his wedding, or at least not any story worth listening to. When there's a chance to be taken, you've gotta take it. When there's a mistake to be made, you've gotta make it. And when there's a mess, you've either gotta be the man behind it or make an even bigger one. I woke up this morning planning to pick up a crystal for your wedding, and by suppertime I had infiltrated a police station, shot a sheriff, ridden through the pit on a goddamned giant roach, and been electrocuted. Now, if I were to tell this story to anyone, and end it with me handing the crystal over to the diplomat, they'd ask me why the hell I just gave the crystal back after going through all of that. And I'd have to tell them that I wanted to make things easier. That I was afraid that something would go wrong. That I was afraid of getting hurt. And that's just it! With my rejuvenation, I can't BE hurt, or at least not by anything that a sane man would use. So as long as I'm the INsane one here, I'm not gonna back down."

With that, he pulls out one of his white-hot revolvers with his free hand, and holds the muzzle against the chilled crystal while turning towards Russano.

"I'm not even sure what the hell this will do, but there's a 99.999% chance that there'll be a story to be told about it if you make me pull the trigger."

Cryo-freeze the crystal, and hold one of my guns against it. If anyone makes to take it from me, pull the trigger and hope I don't die.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2013, 02:18:08 am »

'Oh hell this guy is truly crazy! I thought everyone before was crazy but this guy is on a whole 'nother level! What kind of a person was I to hang out with this guy!?' Ryan is saying in his head. It's not the fact he's holding the crystal at gunpoint (since he really has no idea what the crystal is or what it's for) but that speech, whether a bluff or not, just convinced Ryan that Steven is one insane guy. Staying with him will only get him killed. Ryan wants to figure out who he is at least before dying.

So Ryan does what he's always done when faced with danger and crazy people. Run!

Yell out, "Your fucking crazy, man! Just stay away from me before you get me killed!" while running as far away from the alley and the police station as I can. Use burnout if I can to increase my speed.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2013, 11:20:40 am »

''Uhh... Zoshan?'' Davis a little more aware of a crazy look on the mans face now that he had a good look, decides to enter his mind to see what was going on in there. If he successfully assesses the situation, aid Dominic in calming down.

(yes, it took me a while to start using colours like everyone else. It's done now! :P)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2013, 06:42:45 pm »

I got this thing because some psychotic bastard stole yours, and you're set to be married in a little less than a day.

((Space travel takes time, by the way.))

Roll 18

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan
Calm down.

You find yourself on the ground with a remarkably sore shoulder. Failing to remember how you got from an embarrassing situation with your powers to the police station entrance room, you simply get back up and see Davis coming in to help.
"I'm fine thank you very much, now if you'll excuse me..."
You Davis' stunned expression as a sign that you might have just done something stupid. That would explain the sore shoulder--but a lack of head pain? Regardless, you stand up and dust yourself off.
"I'll call the paramedics--"
You then realize you had just been shot in the back. Your trenchcoat had this strange indent in the back, as the bullet had struck dangerously close to where the armored portion ended. Had you been hit slighly closer to the arm, you might have lost it. But fortunately, you're not hurt and thus can embark on tracking the suspects, assuming they escaped.
"I'm fine, thank you. I wear armor beneath my coat just for this purpose. Now if you'll excuse me, we need to follow the criminals before they can leave the vicinity of the station."

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
decides to enter his mind to see what was going on in there. If he successfully assesses the situation, aid Dominic in calming down.

[1] Luckily, Dominic seems sane enough. You really can't tell what happened.

You start to lose your focus on the three people you've tagged. As it turns out, the effect only lasts a few turns.
"Quick, they're in the alleyway next to the building."
"How do you know?"
"There's an emergency exit over there, *points* let's go!"
Dominic concurs, pointing upward in the direction of the exit, as if leading a charge.
"Onward!"

You double-check your weapon to make sure it's loaded and unjammed. They aren't getting away this time, you think to yourself. Now that you know what to expect, you can just as easily defend yourself and your equipment from psionic assault.

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Establish a Twisted Transistor link to Steven and if successful follow with a Lightning Bolt directed at him.

You ready your mind to unleash a far greater bolt than before. Unknowing, Steven scrambles to surround your crystal with a frosty haze and point his gun at it.
"Just stay away from me before you get me killed!" you hear Ryan shout as he turns and runs. That's fine, you think. He doesn't have anything of use to you.

As for Cobalt, you realize that he can very easily break the crystal. After all, they aren't some sort of psionic bomb, although they have the potential to be. You think to yourself that since you drain energy from Steven, you should be able to channel even more energy into the crystal to rearm the psi-lock, then suck the energy back out to set it off. A psi-lock is merely a structure of energy formed to acomplish an end. You know how they work, although you have never actually applied one as powerful as the one your ship's travelmaster put into place.
Anyway, you ponder whether or not you can do this before going ahead and zapping Steven. On the other hand, you could probably kill him instantly if you drain enough energy from him.

Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt
Cryo-freeze the crystal, and hold one of my guns against it. If anyone makes to take it from me, pull the trigger and hope I don't die.

((See above? I'm not sure what to write))

Quote from: Superblast, AKA Ryan
Yell out, "Your fucking crazy, man! Just stay away from me before you get me killed!" while running as far away from the alley and the police station as I can. Use burnout if I can to increase my speed.

You rush back out of the alley, passing right under a stream of water coming from the rooftops. Splattering muddy water from the puddles on the walkway, you run away hoping to escape.
A man in armor--rather similar to that of the stranger you encountered in the hallway--stops you as you draw his attention. He seems to be panting, as he was running too.
"Calm down old boy... have you seen a diplomat around here? I've been tracking him this entire time... I have a message for him."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2013, 07:11:48 pm »

'Another stranger... but for once one that doesn't want to kill me or one that knows me.... but I'm in a rush to get away from this place....' Ryan thinks to himself. He says, "Ah there is a crazy guy with a sword that i think mentioned being a diplomat at some point while talking to another crazy guy. He's in that ally way over there," to the man before attempting to run as far from here as he can. He doesn't wait for a response.

But where is he going to run too? The only person that knows him is a crazy suicidal guy that he just ran away from. He thinks.... what is a place he can learn stuff? What was it called..... a library? Ryan isn't sure but that is the only thing he could think of that fits what he whats.

Say the above and then continue running. If it seems like no one is chasing me and I'm far away from where I was, start looking for a library. Ask random people where one is at.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2013, 10:45:29 pm »

Well damn. My bluff worked perfectly, but on the wrong person... Maybe it would be a good idea to give up now? Nah. It's still just too much fun messing with these guys.

"All right, all right, you win. Just stop zapping me for goodness sake. Here's your damn crystal back. It's still a bit cold and brittle though, so you might not want to drop it."

Toss the crystal to Russano, and while he's focused on catching it, teleWARp behind him. The moment it's securely in his hands, kick him in the groin as hard as I can.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2013, 10:47:10 pm »

"They are not escaping again!"
Jump into the room the escapees are, then when I touch the ground shoot up a wall of rock around the prisoners, making them unable to move.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2013, 10:59:49 pm »

"Thank you very much, then." Russano said graciously. Of course, he was not one to trust the criminal so readily and there were more than enough reasons to suspect a trick from the man. He was not going to take any chances of allowing the crystal to fall or be pulled back psionically by the man, at all.

Flash Portal to the crystal in mid-air and catch it. If the criminal tries any trickery, Lightning Bolt him.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 03, 2013, 07:15:53 am »

''Too right!'' Davis said as he ran with Dominic.
As Davis arrives at the scene, he reaches into their minds and hits their concious button, putting both of them to sleep.
(about time I got offensive with my psionics.)

(knowing my luck) if he fails that, but has enough time, he raises his weapon and once again: ''In the name of the law, this is your final warning to hand yourselves in for questioning.''

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2013, 07:49:48 pm »

Roll 19

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: Superblast, AKA Ryan
Say the above and then continue running. If it seems like no one is chasing me and I'm far away from where I was, start looking for a library. Ask random people where one is at.

The man paused to think. Knowing this, you run right past him, [2] but he snags your clothing with a polearm that was slung around his shoulder.
"Aye, he's probably the right one, but crazy you say? Tell that to a Warlock, and you never see the light of day again in our state."
He pulls you to him and grabs you by the neck, dragging you along with him into the alley.
"You'll be seeing him again shortly."

Quote from: HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan
Jump into the room the escapees are, then when I touch the ground shoot up a wall of rock around the prisoners, making them unable to move.

[1] You rush past Davis, heading out the door and turning mid-air to face Russano and Steven, who are facing off at this moment. Raising your arms to the sky, you conjure aburst of geothermal activity, sending out chunks of molten rock from the depths and bringing them to ground level...
...very slowly. At present, the ground shakes but you land on your feet striking a pose that leaves your adversaries expecting more than a faint rumble on a planet known for occasional seismic activity.

Hastily, you draw your gunberd.

Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt
Toss the crystal to Russano, and while he's focused on catching it, teleWARp behind him. The moment it's securely in his hands, kick him in the groin as hard as I can.

You feel energy being drained from yourself. Perhaps the other guy was doing it. Not wanting to be struck by that lightning of his, you prepare to warp behind him and... incapacitate him, so to speak, after tossing him the crystal.

[4] However, two cops jump out of a doorway in the side of the alley. Thinking quickly, you throw the crystal to confuse them and wait for Russano to catch it. As he does, you try to warp, but your powers fail you suddenly

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
As Davis arrives at the scene, he reaches into their minds and hits their concious button, putting both of them to sleep.
(about time I got offensive with my psionics.)

(knowing my luck) if he fails that, but has enough time, he raises his weapon and once again: ''In the name of the law, this is your final warning to hand yourselves in for questioning.'

[3] After shouting, you attempt to make your enemies unconscious using your powers offensively.
They seem to keep moving, though, and nothing actually happens. You raise your rifle instead, and shout "In the name of the law, this is your final warning to hand yourselves in for questioning," notwithstanding the fact that neither you nor Dominic are actually part of the police force.

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Flash Portal to the crystal in mid-air and catch it. If the criminal tries any trickery, Lightning Bolt him.

[1+1] Seeing Steven toss the crystal to you, you attempt to blink to the crystal in mid-air. [1+1] However, reality fails to bend to your will. You feel a green haze around you preventing you from using your innate ability to bend matter. The crystal instead hits you and bruises your face.

The Cyrian and the officer in the longcoat approach from a doorway in the wall, weapons drawn. As you try to come up with a response, you hear a familiar voice call out behind you.
"Brother! You wouldn't believe how difficult it was to--"
Your brother Perfectio halts in his tracks, tosses Ryan to the floor, and draws his own pistol, aiming it at Davis and Dominic.
"You will not place your sights on a fellow Knight! Desist immediately!"
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 06, 2013, 08:15:22 pm »

Dominic, slightly confused, lowered his Gunberd.
"My apologies, it's just that your 'fellow knight' is in the company of a thief, and we assumed that he was an accomplice. We did not mean to actually harm him. Again, I apologize."
Lower the Gunberd, and listen to what he has to say.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 06, 2013, 08:57:27 pm »

'Why!? Why does everyone want me dead! Even random strangers come and drag me back to the crazy people that are trying to kill me! Was I really that bad of a person to deserve all this!?' Ryan screams in his head as he get's put right back into the situation he thought he finally escaped from. It's official, he's the worst escape artist, ever.

Try to sneak away in hopes everyone is more focused on... not me. If anybody threaten's me with a weapon, use my powers to make it malfunction while I once again, try to get away.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 07, 2013, 01:17:07 pm »

Russano sighed as his gauntleted hand scooped up the crystal. "What I have been trying to tell you gentlemen is that I am Russano Neskratt, diplomat hailing from Aldros II. The warp crystal was stolen from my ship and I have been collaborating with the local police department to retrieve it." the man said, dusting off with a hand and facing the officers and keeping a watchful eye on Steven. "Which does take me to the questions: if you are officers, then why aren't you aware of this situation and why didn't you give me any support whilst I was facing the criminals?" he completed, furrowing his brow and raising a hand in acknowledgement to his brother.

"Perfectio, your timing is impeccable. Keep your eyes on that one, brother." the Warlock gestures towards Steven with his head before calmly turning his attention back to Dominic and Davis. "If you are truly officers then I suppose we can talk and prove what I say is the truth instead of initiating hostilities."

Talk to the officers, examine what went wrong with the flash portal.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 10, 2013, 05:47:01 am »

Davis retrains his rifle wholly onto Steven. Davis also mind scans the brothers to verify if they were who they say they were. ''Information doesn't seem to have passed onto the hired, it seems. Woulda been nice if they had.'' Davis said, matter of factly.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2013, 12:24:49 am »

Dammit, there's always a brother getting in the way, isn't there? Still, if they've got the crystal and I go with them...

"Ooh, sorry about that one. I kinda expected you to catch it. But even I know when I'm outmatched... although four against one is kinda unfair, isn't it? Anyways, I'm all yours now, except for a few rules. Don't shoot me, don't slap me, and no matter what the women tell you, don't strip me. Oh, and don't handcuff me just yet either. I've gotta work all of that static from the lightning out of my hair before my mugshot."

Fix hair, stand around and look pretty. Be submissive, unless any of my three rules are violated. In that case, draw my pistols and shoot to kill.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 75