Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66805 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2013, 03:15:45 pm »

Roll 20

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Talk to the officers, examine what went wrong with the flash portal.
((You become aware that your powers are temporarily muted.))
Quote from: HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan
Lower the Gunberd, and listen to what he has to say.
Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
Davis retrains his rifle wholly onto Steven. Davis also mind scans the brothers to verify if they were who they say they were.
Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt
Fix hair, stand around and look pretty. Be submissive, unless any of my three rules are violated. In that case, draw my pistols and shoot to kill.

For the time being, Davis retrained his rifle onto Steven, with Dominic reluctantly following. To verify that these "brothers" were whoever they said they were, Davis entered their thoughts, checking for clues as to whether or not they were in fact lying.
[4] Russano, as he called himself, seemed resistant to Davis' mental actions. However, the slightly fat one--Perfectio, was perfectly vulnerable to psychic inquiry. He seemed sincere enough, judging by his deep personal thoughts, although Davis also found that Perfectio was very hungry after the supposed chase.

"Actually," Davis began, "Neither me, nor this man, Dominic, are officers. Call me Davis."
"That explains your aggression. What are these two guilty of?" asked Russano, pointing his arm toward Ryan, who was still being dragged along the concrete by Perfectio.
"Frankly, we don't know. Thieves, I guess?" Dominic said.

Perfectio lowered his pistol and stepped forward, letting go of Ryan briefly.
"If none of you have duties here, then do you wish to listen to what I have in store? Her Majesty has a quest for valiant men seeking glory and honor..."
Steven raised his brow.
Glory and honor, perhaps if I come back within two months I can fool the police into thinking I've been here the entire time as per orders. Or I can feign my death... thought Davis, interested in the matter.

Quote from: Superblast, AKA Ryan
Try to sneak away in hopes everyone is more focused on... not me. If anybody threaten's me with a weapon, use my powers to make it malfunction while I once again, try to get away.

Taking advantage of the situation, you dart away from the group. However, finally being useful, Dominic interrupts you by [5] causing the concrete beneath your feet to disentigrate before you, rooting you to the ground.

((One more successful use of Dominic's quicksand ability will result in him learning it as a free skill.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2013, 03:47:55 pm »

"Oh no, not this time. Now, what do you have to say?"
Listen to Perfectio speak.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2013, 09:48:47 pm »

"Oh crap! They crazy people are gonna kill me!" Ryan says out loud, thinking he was saying in his head. Thinking fast he turns as best as he can to the stranger that dragged him here and responds to what he said about some sort of quest. "Hey if I help out with that quest thing will you get these guys to stop trying to kill me? I don't remember what I did to get me killed... in fact I don't remember anything. I just don't want to die before I remember who I am."

Since running is no longer an option, I gotta try to talk my way out of getting killed.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2013, 10:47:06 pm »

"Did the local law enforcement tell you of the mayor's demise at the hands of an assassin?" the warlock asked Davis, rubbing his chin in slight confusion. The men were apparently freelancing operatives or mercenaries, judging by how they were not officers but seemed to be acting the part. "I entered the building to scan for the crystal and found the assassin, killed him after a very disappointing duel and then three Iron Crown soldiers tried to catch me afterwards, prompting me to eletrocute them before coming here."

Russano ran a hand across his hair as he safely stored the crystal in a mag-locked pouch of his armor. "This day has been very confusing. Perfectio, what is the matter? And gentlemen, what is to happen to the bufoon?" the diplomat asked, pointing towards Steven with his thumb.

Just talk.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 14, 2013, 01:23:23 am »

Even though he's trying to be complicit, Steven laughs a bit at Russano's use of the word 'Buffoon'.

"A BUFFOON broke into your ship, stole your crystal, broke IN to a police station, killed the sheriff, and then set loose a flaming roach the size of a house to aid his escape? Sounds a bit advanced, if you ask me. Not to mention the fact that if it weren't for his accomplice getting caught, then your buffoon would be off the planet by now, laughing at your sorry asses. But if the man that outsmarted you at every turn is a mere buffoon, then what in the world does that make you?"

Letting the diplomat reflect upon that for a while, Steven turns to Perfectio.

"Sorry about telling your brother off over there, but when it takes a man that long to deal with a buffoon, someone has to reprimand him. Anyways, I believe you mentioned fame, fortune, and more importantly, female royalty? What are you waiting for, sign me up!"

Talk.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 14, 2013, 08:33:41 am »

''Do not mistake chaos with intelligence.'' Davis responded to Steven's gloating. ''I'm interested to hear this.'' He finished, speaking to Perfectio.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 14, 2013, 07:26:14 pm »

"Nevermind him, Mister Davis." Russano says, handwaving Steven's reaction with an elegant smile and an unflapplable expression. "I tried to be corteous before, but he does not seem to appreciate that. Almost makes me wish I had unleashed these lightning bolts to kill instead of disable."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2013, 07:21:57 pm »

I was busy on wednesday and thursday and I kind of forgot about this. I'll try to get a roll up today (it's mostly done, except the actual quest-part).

Roll 21

-----

Just talk.
Listen to Perfectio speak.
speaking
Talk.
talk

"Ah, so you are all interested? Perfect." he said.
"Look to the stars," he pointed upward at the black sky, dotted with an endless sea of stars, much more clearly than on terrestrial worlds. "The only reason you can stand here, unmasked, and breath is because of the precursors. They too, like us, had to have had a home. Somewhere out there, we believe we can find their homeworld. Perhaps, even, we can find them alive and well."
"So this is some kind of artifact hunting game? Raid the temples all these things come from?" asked Steven. He was used to stealing artifacts, not actually sourcing the artifacts, which consisted mostly of warp crystals and fragments of ancient objects that found their way into markets.
"You've been watching too many old films. The current scientific opinion--and this is backed up by all the house scientists as well as our own--is that the precursors never even stepped foot on the planets we have. There are no buildings or constructions we know of. We do have remnants of the Terraformers, their creations, which are still out there in the galaxy today. Have any of you heard of them, other than Russano?"
Nobody said a word.
"They are machines, programmed with the task of making the universe habitable. Luckily for us, the precursors most likely lived on a Terran world, so even if they never came to reclaim their new territory, they still did us a favor. So far, the house of Aldros II is proud to have the only functioning Terraformer vessel ever captured, but we are still testing to see if they're even intelligent. They don't seem to be--quite smart of the precursors actually.

Anyway, the mission! The Queen of Aldros II is looking for a team of freelancers and adventurers to, above all else, seek the fabled homeworld of the precursors. We believe it is our duty to find them, greet them if they still exist, and work with them to solve our problems. However, we fear that they have been wiped out, and dark times are coming. I will get to that later, if you are interested, but it's best I keep things concise. Your starting point will be to track down an expedition we have sent to a star system we call the Arcas Cluster. We've been receiving messengers back from the capital ship but..."

He pauses, as if for dramatic effect.
"The crew flying the messenger ships all came back with symptoms of post-traumatic-stress-disorder, and our psyche exams indicate they've been brainwashed--crudely, I might add. They brought back data that is blatantly inconsistent with our astronomical measurements, and 'shopped images, so we fear that the expedition's been hijacked by some group. Find out who this group is, what their motives are, and if possible find what's left of the expedition. Russano's ship up there *points to sky* is equipped with a state-of-the-art sensor array that should help locate any fleets orbiting nearby stellar bodies. You should be able to track the fresh trails the expedition ship's engines left behind to figure out where they've gone. Any questions?"

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:48:41 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 21, 2013, 02:18:12 pm »

"I really don't have a choice do I? If i stay here no doubt they're eventually try to kill me.... But I'll help if this queen person helps figure out who I am.... I doubt even Steven knows everything about me either," Ryan says to Perfectio. "But first... can someone get me out from this.... liquid rock stuff?"

Accept on the condition someone helps figure out my past after the mission is over.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 21, 2013, 04:44:47 pm »

"Hijacking a peaceful expedition? How rude! We must put a stop to that!"
Accept the offer.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 21, 2013, 07:47:05 pm »

"How about the local authorities, the Iron Crown soldiers and the mayor's murder?" Russano asks, crossing his arms and brushing his fingers over his ornate metallic gauntlet. He seems to consider Perfectio's words for a while before remembering something. "Did we also receive any messages specifically for me? Such as if I should or not join this mission?" The diplomat seems to take his work seriously.

Talk.
>Yes?

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 21, 2013, 09:19:45 pm »

'Glory and honour, huh... I hope the bills are being paid too for this.'

''Assuming we're compensated aswell, then I see no reason not to provide my services. It's better than some random work with local authorities.'' Davis accepts.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 21, 2013, 10:20:45 pm »

"Even after all that explanation, it still sounds like something from an old film. If anything, you've made it seem even more fun. Now come on, sign me up."

Accept the offer.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2013, 09:24:37 pm »

Roll 22

-----

Talk.

You tell him about the murders and infiltration that occurred while you were here.
"I wasn't aware so much could happen in such a short time..."
He stands silent, considering what should be done.
"It would certainly be commendable for you to stay and help investigate this mess. But it is not your duty to handle the affairs of others. Unless you specifically caused this mess, I would suggest embarking on the quest with us. We need your ship, anyhow."
The way he said 'us' suggested that he, too, would come. You ask him about it.
"My specialties are not in combat but in administration and other tasks. I just came to deliver the message, some supplies, and transfer everything to your ship's net so you know what to do. The Queen implied that she wanted you to go, something about a final test or something."

Accept the offer.
Davis accepts.
Accept the offer.

"Excellent! We will head back to orbit when convenient. I am sure that my brother will be more than happy to take you along on his vessel."
Oh I will...

Accept on the condition someone helps figure out my past after the mission is over.

"If you value your past so much, I am afraid we won't be able to help you. But we've amassed a hefty pay as an option if you complete the mission, so regardless of your past life you'll definitely be able to start anew as a millionaire."

--

Having made the decision to embark, Russano and co. headed out to the tram station. Perfectio talked about his adventures that occurred while Russano was away.
At the station, Russano held out his ID with the diplomat's badge on it. The conductor hesistated while looking more closely at the same on the card.
"I'm sorry sir, I've been told to stop you here."
"What?" shouted Dominic.
Russano thought for a moment. "I'm sorry, I can't possibly think of why I would be detained after all that's happened..." he said. Perhaps they wanted him as a witness, but he preferred not to get involved, especially with local newspapers. Little by little, rumors would spread, and he could face charges for ruining the face of Aldros II in the near future.
The driver didn't respond. In the corner of his eye, Russano caught a gleam of yellow armor. Four Iron Crown soldiers were walking toward his party, along with, as he recalled, the accountant in the mayor's office. As he tried to make sense of the situation, he glanced at a television screen on the wall and taking note that the news network was running the same program as he saw yesterday as opposed ot a story about the affair at either the police station or the city hall.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2013, 10:01:26 pm »

'With that much money he'd not have to worry about stuff for a long time... even more it can help fund his search of his past.' Ryan thought. On top of that he was glad to finally out of danger... atleast for a while. It finally gave him plenty of time to think.

He was still thinking about various things, not really paying attention to Perfetio's stories, when everyone suddenly stopped.

"Hey, what's going on? Why did we stop?" Ryan asked. He didn't know he was in potential danger yet again.

Ask what's going on.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:08:42 pm by superBlast »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 75