Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108104 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #285 on: January 21, 2013, 09:00:12 pm »

+1 to just about everything except spine sheep, which I'm just not really feeling.

Also for our genetics program we would ask for volunteers.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 21, 2013, 09:01:36 pm »

if theres anything that could win me over, it would be a justification for those suggested actions from Donuts point of view.

I'm sure we'd run into conflict about the nature of Donut and thats okay, in the end we all form who Donut is. its something we can talk about.

as of now, asfar as I am concerned there shouldn't be a genetics program.

edit: about self cleaning landmines, that sounds like a good idea to make landmines not a disaster waiting to happen.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:03:42 pm by Talvara »

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 21, 2013, 09:02:39 pm »

from the female, and from the unborn child (which may be problemetic)
unless we're just borrowing a womb.

but it all sounds pretty evil to me.
It's not evil. It's maybe morally and ethically darker. EDIT: No. Not darker than evil. Darker than a morally and or ethically neutral act. It should go fine, though.
But as long as we ask permission, it should be fine. And hey, we can throw in a painless birth and 100% of survival for both child and mother in to the deal, which is sure to get the pregnant gal's permission.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:04:20 pm by Koliup »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 21, 2013, 09:03:58 pm »

The buds are redundant, the stems aren't exclusively warriors, especially if we want to make them a full fledged race in this universe, plus we don't want an immediate caste system where only a small portion of the population can ever fight effectively.  What that would be doing is limiting our ability to thrive.
The idea is that only the Buds would be free-willed. That way, we can spread them out without fear of angering the other gods for sending warriors to set up camp in their land.

Can we even increase the number of seeds they make? Our output has increased, and we don't want stems to be an invasive species(get it?) yet.
and they wont be. we have plenty of space, and if we start to get too many of them, we can just stockpile seeds (blessed so that they dont 'go off') until we need more Stems/Saps etc.
The "invasive species" idea was a warfare tactic.

As I said, we don't use humans at all... That's what I dislike. Because Justicars will rape that manaless, soulless troops with their boons. Only Tiberius, Laksus and dragons stand a chance
You put an awful lot of faith in the value of worship. I daresay that fungus spawn and Saps have a better chance in mano a mano combat than normal humans, to say nothing of our mole.

Stems and saps can replace humans in all tasks... As well as other creations....
Except, y'know, worship.

84 mana to grant every worshiper a minor boon. equals to only  26% of our current mana income. We can afford that
Don't we have hundreds of worshipers now?

20 Mana to make ten superfarmers ( freeing all other population from agriculture forever. Making them able to do other jobs) equals to 6% of our daily mana income. And still, you guys are way to greedy and can't spare that.
I can!
...If we can choose which 10 to boon...

I will support giving our men more power, and granting them more importance in construction\army\industry\support because else humans will become clearly inferior to our creations. I don't want society like that
+1

And death of the worshiper is not an end of the world, it's a one time mana boost + 1 soul in the afterlife
How callous...but true.

The other gods aren't that generous with boons, so far we've only known the warriors and preists of the other civs to have boons, and with the dwarfs we THINK they might have boons, but even if they do, that could be a builder caste.
Emphasis on know. We haven't really seen much of most of the other gods.
Besides, we're Chaos. Dare to be different, yo.

Bacon Bushes. Cheese Trees. This is a necessity.

Speaking of the feast, there is even more reason to get some variety quickly.
Cheese trees, yes. Bacon bushes? We have melons for meat.

are lacking spice in their life
which reminds me. We also need to set up a dye industry (a profitable industry on its own, with the ability to up our clothing income) and a spices industry.
That's what our villagers can do themself, if we grant them life boons
If nothing else, they'd do it more and better.

New Idea:
Let's use our life magic to make our current followers breed and reach adulthood faster.  To offset them getting upset about a shorter childhood, our life magic would also give them a longer overall life.

Edit: If we don't do this then we should seriously give at least some of our plant people free will so we get mana from them.
One of these is a good idea. Okay, both are bad, but either could be made workeable with a little effort.

genomodification of humans is a form of evil chaos, like necromancy is a form of evil death
Not really.  A person could want to be modified in order to gain power and be stronger just like a person could want to be reanimated as a lich or vampire if they wanted to be more powerful.  If they want it, is it really that bad?
Agreed.

Not really.  A person could want to be modified in order to gain power and be stronger just like a person could want to be reanimated as a lich or vampire if they wanted to be more powerful.  If they want it, is it really that bad?
Yep, it's evil
That's an opinion.
The reanimatee may be evil, but the reanimator wouldn't be. (In my opinion.)

If we do this we have to have permission from the female, and be there at the moments notice for any sign of trouble.
Agreed. This should be fine for more minor modifications. (Major ones should require paternal consent as well. Possibly also extended family, siblings, and [if possible] the child itself.)

Why?

if theres anything that could win me over, it would be a justification for those suggested actions from Donuts point of view.
Which? The GMing?
"I should improve these people."
"Everyone else has their own races; why shouldn't I have one?"
"I'm afraid the Empire of Tranquility will cream us if we don't."
"It would improve my worshiper's lives."

from the female, and from the unborn child (which may be problemetic)
unless we're just borrowing a womb.
It's not evil. It's maybe morally and ethically darker.
Why? If we don't just hijack a womb, of course.

But as long as we ask permission, it should be fine. And hey, we can throw in a painless birth and 100% of survival for both child and mother in to the deal, which is sure to get the pregnant gal's permission.
Indeed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 21, 2013, 09:06:11 pm »

We have 48 alive worshipers, 4 are booned already

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2013, 09:06:48 pm »

my order of importance,

1) Our followers > 2) ourselves(donut) > 3) Our creations.

we are in service of our followers not the other way around, Our creations are in service of our followers and we shouldn't feel bad to use them for our own pleasure aswell.

sacrificing our followers to save ourselves isn't okay.

we shouldn't go messing with our followers at the very least not against their will.

edit: we also shouldn't aim to create followers out of nothing, Followers will come, and our followers will multiply if we give them the opertunity to thrive.
In the case of making our followers out of the stems your heirarchy falls apart, and yeah, we should make 'em.  Sure, followers will come, but not all the quickly, and they aren't exactly predictable in the speed at which they arrive, so making them is a very valid route, not to mention the fact that we're a god and we can do as we damn well please.

first off, I doubt its even possible. I don't think even gods can create souls. maybe the super duper uber elder gods. but I severely doubt we or any god we know could create a soul. (which makes me feel foolish for even contesting the notion)

second off, I don't think we should want to. Creating new ´people´ makes the existing people less precious. And they are precious, or they should be to us. Mortals are precious exactly because we cant pull them out of thin air.

and finally from a metagame perspective its overpowered and game-breaking
Grumamajaskdfalgh created the Orcs, if that idiot can so can we
EDIT:
The buds are redundant, the stems aren't exclusively warriors, especially if we want to make them a full fledged race in this universe, plus we don't want an immediate caste system where only a small portion of the population can ever fight effectively.  What that would be doing is limiting our ability to thrive.
The idea is that only the Buds would be free-willed. That way, we can spread them out without fear of angering the other gods for sending warriors to set up camp in their land.
Yeah but what we're doing with the stems is making a very hardy very fast growing and very fast multiplying life form, they don't have to be warriors.  And I'm pretty sure that once we get enough of them, which should happen pretty damn fast, we can end up in a situation similar to that of grummagragra, where it doesn't really matter how angry they get because we've got a shit load more power than they do.  And, once again, the stems don't have to be warriors, nor do the saps.  They both just happen to be good at it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:14:34 pm by Origami_Psycho »
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2013, 09:07:57 pm »

Who said that?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 21, 2013, 09:10:10 pm »

I even suggested extending our worshipers' lives and making them unnaturally healthy.  Sounds like a fair trade to me.

As far as Donut's reasoning;  In my mind he wants to improve the lives of his followers and protect them as much as possible and would see altering them to do so as just a natural means to an end.  He wouldn't see it as evil because change and evolution are just an aspect of normal life and he is a god of life and chaos so speeding that along is just in his nature and not really any different from making people into golems, werewolves or snakepeople like our allied chaos god has.  He wouldn't necessarily want to do it against their will though because even though he feels it's the right thing to do, he doesn't want to push his views on others unless absolutely necessary.

But seriously as many other people have pointed out, a lot of gods have modified followers.
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2013, 09:11:44 pm »

correction - 46 alive worshipers

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 21, 2013, 09:12:27 pm »

Ah. My bad.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 21, 2013, 09:14:50 pm »

Who said that?
Maher did.
EDIT: Is it odd that I imagine Maher being Irish?
EDIT 2: GM also said that it is possible to make your own full fledged race.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:18:02 pm by Origami_Psycho »
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 21, 2013, 09:22:57 pm »

when it comes to necromancy I agree that its neither good or evil, (atleast if no souls are destroyed/corrupted in the process)

Genetic modification is the same, neither good or evil. however forcing genetic modification is definitely evil. and when it comes to children or the unborn getting consent is pretty big problem.

Children you can ask, but are they grown enough to comprehend the weight of their choices?
the unborn, perhaps being a god we could commune with them and take away this problem.

"I'm afraid the Empire of Tranquility will cream us if we don't."
"It would improve my worshiper's lives."
These Two sound like valid reasons to me, but the full threat of the Empire hasn't been reveiled to us yet. we have heared about it, but we haven't witnessed or experienced it. when that happens perhaps our responses can become more extreme.

if it would improve the worshipers lives, it really depends on the kinds of modifications, if the followers would like to be changed then thats doable. would they be viewed as freaks by the rest of the world?

Quote from: Talvara on Today at 08:49:00 pm

Why?
This is about borrowing a womb for your experiments, or experimenting on a child in the first place.

I even suggested extending our worshipers' lives and making them unnaturally healthy.  Sounds like a fair trade to me.

As far as Donut's reasoning;  In my mind he wants to improve the lives of his followers and protect them as much as possible and would see altering them to do so as just a natural means to an end.  He wouldn't see it as evil because change and evolution are just an aspect of normal life and he is a god of life and chaos so speeding that along is just in his nature and not really any different from making people into golems, werewolves or snakepeople like our allied chaos god has.  He wouldn't necessarily want to do it against their will though because even though he feels it's the right thing to do, he doesn't want to push his views on others unless absolutely necessary.

But seriously as many other people have pointed out, a lot of gods have modified followers.

what if we rolled a one? would that possibility be acceptable to us? I personally don't think so.

another thing, changing your followers to your whims (not saying that you're suggesting that) implies that you'd view them as your playthings.

Who said that?
Maher did.
EDIT: Is it odd that I imagine Maher being Irish?
EDIT 2: GM also said that it is possible to make your own full fledged race.

can you get me a link for edit 2?

the 'race gods' might be special and primordial.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 21, 2013, 09:25:09 pm »

Sentience, free will, a soul
Correct on all counts, except that Free Will affects worship proportionally. Little bit of Free Will = 1/4 Mana from that soul. No Free Will of course means zero mana.

And before someone asks, it's not possible to go over 100% Free Will  :D
Here you go

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 21, 2013, 09:31:34 pm »

Considered freaks by everyone else?  We have snake people living next door that seem to be doing fine.

Roll a 1?  We can fix whatever mistake we make and if it kills them we could even bring them back to life should it really mean that much to us as a group.

Wait until the Empire has already proved their strength?  By then it will be too late...

Ask the baby?  No one asked me if I wanted to be a human nor what I wanted to be born like.  We'll make sure to get consent from the parents but going as far as trying to talk to the unborn child is a bit ridiculous.  We aren't making horrible mutated war machines from our followers.  We're just trying to get them to breed faster, grow up faster and live longer.  Compare that to the other gods and we're a pretty nice guy.
Sure thing peanut man!

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 21, 2013, 09:32:56 pm »

Sentience, free will, a soul
Correct on all counts, except that Free Will affects worship proportionally. Little bit of Free Will = 1/4 Mana from that soul. No Free Will of course means zero mana.

And before someone asks, it's not possible to go over 100% Free Will  :D
Here you go

alright, thanks. I think our interpretations differ. From this (I went back and looked if there was more context) I don't really read that its possible for us to make a full fledged race.
if anything its a maybe.
I really can't imagine us being able to create a soul though. but to be fair I don't recall it being said that we couldn't create a soul either.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 72