Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108040 times)

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #255 on: January 21, 2013, 07:07:41 pm »

and as for Serena's Offer : 4
I think we should do it, but under several conditions.
1) we should still be able to produce and trade all nectar related finished goods
2) Her people need to share the profits (only a small amount though, nothing too significant).
3) Her poeple, when trading, need to make it known that Serena isnt responsible for the nectar, we are and therefore the peoples thanks should go to us as well as Serena (as her people were the ones who made the powerful potions).

I'm too tired to think of other conditions.
4. Her people can't sell straight nectar on their own. We get a non- distribution clause.

This.

We could improve the Stems, I suppose, but I don't think its necessary. And another reason to grant sentience to the Stems is so that when they inevitably spread across the world (which I forgot the name of), they would be no more out of place than an elf in a human town.

And why in Donut's holey name would we ban agriculture? For the sake of roleplay? Come on guys, if we do this we could condemn our villagers to endless days of walking the forests for food. We would be devolving (?) people into savages again. We could "roleplay" it as that we are a life god, and therefore, agriculture allows for the highest quantity of life. It doesn't matter how, but we can't do this. We could alienate potential converts because of silly "divine laws". Making massive changes to the forest is a bad idea.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 21, 2013, 07:08:39 pm »

New Idea:
Let's use our life magic to make our current followers breed and reach adulthood faster.  To offset them getting upset about a shorter childhood, our life magic would also give them a longer overall life.

Edit: If we don't do this then we should seriously give at least some of our plant people free will so we get mana from them.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:11:12 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #257 on: January 21, 2013, 07:10:40 pm »

New Idea:
Let's use our life magic to make our current followers breed and reach adulthood faster.  To offset them getting upset about a shorter childhood, our life magic would also give them a longer overall life.

Edit: If we don't do this than we should seriously give at least some of our plant people free will so we get mana from them.

I don't think this is a good idea. It could backfire, and strikes me a just a little...wrong.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 21, 2013, 07:11:23 pm »

If you gonna risk messing with humans....
Look for female volunteers to bear our children and create a new type of humans... Slightly upgraded

But I'd rather not to
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 21, 2013, 07:12:03 pm »

New Idea:

Edit: If we don't do this than we should seriously give at least some of our plant people free will so we get mana from them.

yeah no, Its something wed force onto them, even if children would be okay with it they are in no way capable of making that decision for themselves.

-1, I'm fully opposed to this.

edit:
now... answering prayers for fertility and good health is another matter. and is perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:15:56 pm by Talvara »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 21, 2013, 07:13:35 pm »

Alright but we seriously do need worshipers and time goes by very slowly in this game so we should definitely consider giving some of our plant people sentience.  Not all of them mind you just some.
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 21, 2013, 07:15:23 pm »

New Idea:

yeah no, Its something wed force onto them, even if children would be okay with it they are in no way capable of making that decision for themselves.

-1, I'm fully opposed to this.
Same for me. -1

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 21, 2013, 07:17:12 pm »

Alright but we seriously do need worshipers and time goes by very slowly in this game so we should definitely consider giving some of our plant people sentience.  Not all of them mind you just some.

we've been over this. Sentience does not equal mana income.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 21, 2013, 07:19:21 pm »

But it is a requirement for worship

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #264 on: January 21, 2013, 07:19:22 pm »

we've been over this. Sentience does not equal mana income.

Even though this is true, I still support sentience. It would allow Stems to become closer to a real species, which would be great once there are thousands of these things walking around the world.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 21, 2013, 07:21:09 pm »

Yeah whatever it takes.

Edit: Could we try and transform a stem into a human and see what happens?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:56:21 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 21, 2013, 08:07:34 pm »

On the note of plant people and mana income:
How about we start genetically modifying our worshippers now, eh?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 21, 2013, 08:11:05 pm »

genomodification of humans is a form of evil chaos, like necromancy is a form of evil death
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 21, 2013, 08:14:53 pm »

genomodification of humans is a form of evil chaos, like necromancy is a form of evil death

Not really.  A person could want to be modified in order to gain power and be stronger just like a person could want to be reanimated as a lich or vampire if they wanted to be more powerful.  If they want it, is it really that bad?
Sure thing peanut man!

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 21, 2013, 08:16:08 pm »

my order of importance,

1) Our followers > 2) ourselves(donut) > 3) Our creations.

we are in service of our followers not the other way around, Our creations are in service of our followers and we shouldn't feel bad to use them for our own pleasure aswell.

sacrificing our followers to save ourselves isn't okay.

we shouldn't go messing with our followers at the very least not against their will.

edit: we also shouldn't aim to create followers out of nothing, Followers will come, and our followers will multiply if we give them the opertunity to thrive.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 72