Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220759 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1380 on: January 21, 2013, 05:27:13 pm »

BTW, if we will try to upgrade Stems again, the next logical step is to make them to be able to regrow from cut  limbs and any other large body parts, if it have access to soil.  Then hacking the stem to pieces= creating several new potential stems. You need to burn their corpses down to fully destroy.
Or make stems regrowable - when new stem is grown up, the root is left in place and starts to grow identical stem
Normal plants reproduce in different ways, not only by seeds

I think we are way to greedy with boons, comparing to other gods. Should consider giving minor boons to majority of population

Even if we grant every citizen with a minor boon. that's less then we'll spend 1\3 mana on it

Plant based boons is the most logical one, it will let our citizens to be creative with agriculture and grow new types of plants. Gift every capable farmer with a life plant based boon

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: January 21, 2013, 05:28:37 pm »

I've talked about these things in the OOC chat.

but i'll throw it up here aswell. If we're going to let our stems spread like wildfire we should introduce a new stage to their cycle.
a smaller, helpfull and benign version. These smaller 'buds' (as another player suggested for a name) can plant their next generation as stems but only if we wish it.

the reason for the Buds is to be non threatening and a small boon for the gods whose domains they enter. This is done not to step on any toes and make more enemies than we already have.

if a god turns hostile to us. the buds can be willed to go as 'stems' for their next generation.

Its sort of like a trojan horse. gods will be more willing (or be less angry) to accept a helping and benign species into their domain. and when we need them they can be militarised.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: January 21, 2013, 05:29:57 pm »

BTW, if we will try to upgrade Stems again, the next logical step is to make them to be able to regrow from cut  limbs and any other large body parts, if it have access to soil.  Then hacking the stem to pieces= creating several new potential stems. You need to burn their corpses down to fully destroy.
Or make stems regrowable - when new stem is grown up, the root is left in place and starts to grow identical stem

I think we are way to greedy with boons, comparing to other gods. Should consider giving minor boons to majority of population

Even if we grant every citizen with a minor boon. that's less then we'll spend 1\3 mana on it

Plant based boons is the most logical one, it will let our citizens to be creative with agriculture and grow new types of plants. Gift every capable farmer with a life plant based boon
+1 to the regrowable parts thing. It strengthens the reminiscence to the Spartoi even more. (those dragontooth warriors in Greek legend)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: January 21, 2013, 05:31:31 pm »

Who said that we need fields to grow 'em?  We just make them hardier, thus allowing us to to do it without fields.
We used to need fields...

Oh, and while I have no objections to improving the saps, due to potential space and mana issues I'm going to abstain (aside from supporting regeneration). Not that it's likely to matter one way or the other...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: January 21, 2013, 05:35:49 pm »

I've talked about these things in the OOC chat.

but i'll throw it up here aswell. If we're going to let our stems spread like wildfire we should introduce a new stage to their cycle.
a smaller, helpfull and benign version. These smaller 'buds' (as another player suggested for a name) can plant their next generation as stems but only if we wish it.

the reason for the Buds is to be non threatening and a small boon for the gods whose domains they enter. This is done not to step on any toes and make more enemies than we already have.

if a god turns hostile to us. the buds can be willed to go as 'stems' for their next generation.

Its sort of like a trojan horse. gods will be more willing (or be less angry) to accept a helping and benign species into their domain. and when we need them they can be militarised.
I'm good with this. Now we just wait for the next update.

I've noticed most updates are around midnight, my time... Corruptor, do you happen to live in Asia somewhere?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: January 21, 2013, 05:35:59 pm »

Who said that we need fields to grow 'em?  We just make them hardier, thus allowing us to to do it without fields.
We used to need fields...

Oh, and while I have no objections to improving the saps, due to potential space and mana issues I'm going to abstain (aside from supporting regeneration). Not that it's likely to matter one way or the other...
Same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: January 21, 2013, 05:37:34 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121270.360

Alright took me awhile to find but this is the update that implies Laskus can use magic or at the very least has the potential to use it even if he hasn't learned any yet.

It's also why I suggested we might have him teach his magic to the children but someone didn't like that idea.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: January 21, 2013, 05:42:19 pm »

The buds are redundant, the stems aren't exclusively warriors, especially if we want to make them a full fledged race in this universe, plus we don't want an immediate caste system where only a small portion of the population can ever fight effectively.  What that would be doing is limiting our ability to thrive.

+1 to the regrowable parts thing. It strengthens the reminiscence to the Spartoi even more. (those dragontooth warriors in Greek legend)
+1 to Spartoi-izing them.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: January 21, 2013, 05:42:27 pm »

Can we even increase the number of seeds they make? Our output has increased, and we don't want stems to be an invasive species(get it?) yet.

and they wont be. we have plenty of space, and if we start to get too many of them, we can just stockpile seeds (blessed so that they dont 'go off') until we need more Stems/Saps etc.

If all our blue melons and blood melons start dying from lackof nutrients, or flowers stop and so our fire jackets can't make their nectar...

i highly doubt that. we are, after all, a life god. We made the barren stone floors of a dwarven fortress sprout crops....
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:45:36 pm by kahn1234 »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: January 21, 2013, 05:44:16 pm »

+1 to the Stem/Sap modifications.
-1 to the liberal distribution of boons. too much mana drain for not enough gain.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: January 21, 2013, 06:02:54 pm »

As I said in the OOC:

Grant 10 farmers minor plant boons\chaos+plant boons, to improve our economy. To improve nature based construction, launch trade good growing (dye, spices, glues, insecticides, whatever else our worshipers capable to invent) and create food variety for the feast
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:06:21 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: January 21, 2013, 06:07:34 pm »

Same on -1 to boons for now.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: January 21, 2013, 06:08:45 pm »

As I said in the OOC:

Grant 10 farmers minor plant boons\chaos+plant boons, to improve our economy. To improve nature based construction, launch trade good growing (dye, spices, glues, insecticides, whatever else our worshipers capable to invent) and create food variety for the feast

+1 although maybe instead of 10 pure minor plant boons do like 3 combined minor boons just to make them more flexible.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: January 21, 2013, 06:10:07 pm »

As I said in the OOC:

U-R

sorry but -1 on boons. They can come later when we have several individual industries which would benefit immensly from life booned farmers/tenders.

But not at the moment.

And booned worshippers cannot create things, they can only tend/spread/grow things we create

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: January 21, 2013, 06:15:14 pm »

Our majorbooned (don't remember name) Raised  several mushroom homes from nothing. And all saps are his creations. And I proposed to have several chaos+life boons, just to make mutations and create new kind of plants (Or grant chaos to our main plant tender)

And boons are made to let people to create those industries as they see fit, we shouldn't do everything ourself. Nor we should decide what industries to develop. It's people's choice
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 130