Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220751 times)

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1395 on: January 21, 2013, 06:18:20 pm »

Our majorbooned (don't remember name) Raised  several mushroom homes from nothing. And all saps are his creations. And I proposed to have several chaos+life boons, just to make mutations and create new kind of plants (Or grant chaos to our main plant tender)

And boons are made to let people to create those industries as they see fit, we shouldn't do everything ourself. Nor we should decide what industries to develop. It's people's choice

his name is Eldrick, And you're running a pretty liberal interpertation there. yes he can make them but only after we created the concept and the prototype for them.

I agree with us not closely running the economy, let the people innovate and maybe encourage them a little.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: January 21, 2013, 06:21:29 pm »

Maybe move this back to the OOC thread for the argument, although I will just say that we should keep in mind what works IRL won't necessarily work here.

I almost forgot this myself but trying to get our citizens to invent cool stuff really means forcing Corruptor to have to think stuff up.  Let's not push that on him.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: January 21, 2013, 06:21:58 pm »

Our majorbooned (don't remember name) Raised  several mushroom homes from nothing. And all saps are his creations. And I proposed to have several chaos+life boons, just to make mutations and create new kind of plants (Or grant chaos to our main plant tender)

And boons are made to let people to create those industries as they see fit, we shouldn't do everything ourself. Nor we should decide what industries to develop. It's people's choice

he raised several mushroom buildings from wild growing normal shrooms. He didnt create them form thin air.

And the saps arent being created from nothing, they are created through minor mutations of the Stems.

as for the second bit, yes i agree, but personally i'd prefer it if we oversaw the initial set up and made sure it was A) worthwhile and B)Safe and C) designed correctly.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: January 21, 2013, 06:31:14 pm »

He needed potent life boon for that.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: January 21, 2013, 06:42:10 pm »

he raised several mushroom buildings from wild growing normal shrooms. He didnt create them form thin air.
That's how plant boons work. Any seed with a bit of plant and chaos magic can be glowed in something interesting. Even without chaos many fun things can be done

But that's an OOC material. I made my suggestion, other are free to - it. I am afraid that when we do start giving boons it will be too late, and we'll get unskilled boon users, against trained Justicras and other booned enemies

I very much prefer to grant a minor boon to any adult worshiper, ( less then -100 mana per turn) and have our population able to defend itself, but I know that it will never get support for that, players tend to treat worshipers as a source of mana and nothing else. Preferring to solve all tasks with direct magic and new creatures ( As for mana, killing them all, and making good afterlife will make mana generation easier, and we'll have no need to protect squashy mortals and temple, you guys should consider that)

Ten minor boons can coordinate for similar effect, or help him. Or work on minor tasks
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: January 21, 2013, 06:46:16 pm »

That's how plant boons work. Any seed with a bit of plant and chaos magic can be glowed in something interesting. Even without chaos many fun things can be done

But that's an OOC material. I made my suggestion, other are free to - it. I am afraid that when we do start giving boons it will be too late, and we'll get unskilled boon users, against trained Justicras and other booned enemies

I very much prefer to grant a minor boon to any adult worshiper, ( less then -100 mana per turn) and have our population able to defend itself, but I know that it will never get support for that, players tend to treat worshipers as a source of mana and nothing else. Preferring to solve all tasks with direct magic and new creatures ( As for mana, killing them all, and making good afterlife will make mana generation easier, and we'll have no need to protect squashy mortals and temple, you guys should consider that)

Ten minor boons can coordinate for similar effect, or help him. Or work on minor tasks

we DO NOT use humans for fighitng unless we have too.

Thats what we created the Saps and Stems for. Thats why we are probably going to create more Chais Golems and breed dragons, firedrakes and spiders for. it is the main reason we craeted the corrupt forest and the Fungus Spawn.

No other god uses human troops other than clerics or small units of boon-empowered champions. The only exception being the Empire of Tranquility, and even then we cant be sure because you wont let us create a cheap scout unit to go and scout the EoT.

and before you even say anything like "Ask Krait", Krait didnt even notice when 10 heavily armed Justicars effectively attack the village right NEXT DOOR, so why the hell would he have information on the EoT which is so far away?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:49:58 pm by kahn1234 »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: January 21, 2013, 06:52:36 pm »

Thats what we created the Saps and Stems for. Thats why we are probably going to create more Chais Golems and breed dragons, firedrakes and spiders for. it is the main reason we craeted the corrupt forest and the Fungus Spawn.

No other god uses human troops other than clerics or small units of boon-empowered champions. The only exception being the Empire of Tranquility, and even then we cant be sure because you wont let us create a cheap scout unit to go and scout the EoT.

and before you even say anything like "Ask Krait", Krait didnt even notice when 10 heavily armed Justicars effectively attack the village right NEXT DOOR, so why the hell would he have information on the EoT which is so far away?
Actually, many gods use a significant part of their military for worshippers. We can use them too for that (they are more powerful, when it comes down to it, with boons), but only when we have 500 worshippers.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: January 21, 2013, 06:54:11 pm »

Actually, many gods use a significant part of their military for worshippers. We can use them too for that (they are more powerful, when it comes down to it, with boons), but only when we have 500 worshippers.

Tell that to the 3 Major Death booned clerics from Maher who got roflstomped by Tiberius.

And really? Maher doesnt, Krait doesnt, we dont know about the EoT or Sarena's militaries (does Sarena even have one?).

The only God we've seen use his mana base as actual troops is Uristiel, and thats only because dwarves love fighting and they may or may not be the bearers of, at least, minor war boons...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:56:50 pm by kahn1234 »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: January 21, 2013, 06:59:55 pm »

Well the orc god too but that's probably not the best example.
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: January 21, 2013, 07:02:45 pm »

As I said, we don't use humans at all... That's what I dislike. Because Justicars will rape that manaless, soulless troops with their boons. Only Tiberius, Laksus and dragons stand a chance

Stems and saps can replace humans in all tasks... As well as other creations....

84 mana to grant every worshiper a minor boon. equals to only  26% of our current mana income. We can afford that

20 Mana to make ten superfarmers ( freeing all other population from agriculture forever. Making them able to do other jobs) equals to 6% of our daily mana income. And still, you guys are way to greedy and can't spare that.

I will support giving our men more power, and granting them more importance in construction\army\industry\support because else humans will become clearly inferior to our creations. I don't want society like that

And death of the worshiper is not an end of the world, it's a one time mana boost + 1 soul in the afterlife

but only when we have 500 worshippers.
To have skilled booners later we need to create them now
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: January 21, 2013, 07:07:44 pm »

Double Edit:  Forget what I first said, I really just want to give some plant people sentience.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:16:07 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1406 on: January 21, 2013, 07:10:01 pm »

We should encourage individuality. What happens to our worshippers when we aren't around to protect them from every little thing?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: January 21, 2013, 07:14:23 pm »

We should encourage individuality. What happens to our worshippers when we aren't around to protect them from every little thing?
For example when we'll spend our time in another dimensions...
Or leave to other village to create a new center of worship
Or get busy with offensive operation, using the fortress

One more reason to give boons, boon is just a way to give back part of what worshipers give to us. Like taxes and social care

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: January 21, 2013, 07:29:59 pm »

Encourage our alchemist to look for new ways to use that explosive. Perhaps in flat mines that can be buried underground, and will explode when stepped on. Or propulsion of some sort.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: January 21, 2013, 07:32:18 pm »

Rather than focusing so much on boons, maybe we should try and recruit and train more mages.
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 130