Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108209 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2013, 02:24:03 pm »

add fire angels modeled from the skyrim's fire atronachs (with vines).
Ooh, maybe they're like the fire elementals from TES, but they have bark armor, they're main weapon is a vine whip, and inside they burn with a permanent fire. As well, they act as nests for some Firejackets. We could probably just make one new one in the afterlife and let it breed.

Also, I see our chaos golems with rough wooden masks, covered in lichen, with holes cut in them letting out tongues of flame. Like badass jack-o-lanterns. And our motif is a clown smiley face. Like the kind Gamzee from homestuck draws.

I can't unsee it so that's what I'm going with. Headcanon.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2013, 02:34:29 pm »

For the eventual new Chaos Golems, we should use our abundant copper. Tiberius is iron or steel I think but copper is something we have a lot more of and besides our Lieutenant should naturally be considerably better.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2013, 03:25:33 pm »

We also really need to fix our saps.  The whole growth time thing isn't really that much of a problem, it's more that we now get rather small numbers per sap.
So fixing 'em should take precedence over making them sentient.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2013, 03:28:13 pm »

We also really need to fix our saps.  The whole growth time thing isn't really that much of a problem, it's more that we now get rather small numbers per sap.

+1
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2013, 03:36:49 pm »

+1
-1, Don't fix what ain't broken. As someone said earlier, our income of saps more than doubled. That's not what I call broken.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2013, 03:43:15 pm »

There's also the fact that, although we have less seeds, we have all the growing space in the world. Literally. So long there's soil, there's saps.

I believe that they're perfectly fine.

I think that, as I stated earlier, our first favor should be practical. And after we talk with Selena while asking for it, we somehow start to watch the area for Orc attack. Or if they attack at that moment, ask if we can help. Then help.

Our second favor should be asking to spend some time together and get to know each other in a less professional setting.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2013, 03:45:09 pm »

+1
-1, Don't fix what ain't broken. As someone said earlier, our income of saps more than doubled. That's not what I call broken.
I disagree, while it's not broken, it could be quite a bit better, we should fix what isn't broken but doesn't work as well as we want. Not neccesarily needed now, but a better sap income is always a must.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2013, 03:54:14 pm »

+1
I meant stems.
Also, we're engineers, and it is an engineers job to either make something anew, or to improve upon existing designs, so I say yeah, make them spread more seeds faster.  If we do that then soon we may even rival the orcs in sheer numerical strength.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:56:22 pm by Origami_Psycho »
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2013, 03:59:43 pm »

On the topic of giving souls to things and how free will affects the mana income, how free are humans?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 21, 2013, 04:03:56 pm »

100% as per default I'd guess.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2013, 04:05:48 pm »

Maybe, although there might be some sort of creature that produces more mana, as a sort of superworshipper.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 21, 2013, 04:07:20 pm »

Because I'm just wondering a) how affect on mana income giving them more or less free will will have, and b) How the varying degrees of free will affect their interactions with us.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 21, 2013, 04:13:39 pm »

I really think  that making firejackets barely sentient is a good idea.
1\100 or 1\50 of mana per firejacket can grant us some nice income in future

While expanding afterlife to mana*3 size is a good idea, but not now Some thing to consider

1) We can't do it right now, modifying afterlife is extra slow. We spent more than day when we created it. With feast and caravan we have no time to spend a week there
2) It should be very expensive in mana
3) Bigger afterlife = harder defense

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2013, 04:15:56 pm »

Again, as I just said in the main thread, firetrackers have no souls, just like all our creations, so sentience won't help.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2013, 04:23:32 pm »

And now for the obligatory new creature idea. Fuse a horse or something with a tree(or just use bone) so it's attached to it's cart, the cart is a part of it, it's more mobile, hopefully faster, and we can start growing wagons. When they're babies, it's like they have a small wagon or bucket on wheels behind them, like the little red wagons kids get, when they're reaching their prime, they'll have big carts, and as middle age and old age sets on, and they become slower anyway(but no less strong) then they have full blown wagons. And they've got the temperaments of well bred work horses; amicable enough, but they want to be doing something, and so are okay with working. And also they won't listen to many other than their owner/trainer. We should be able to sell them, and we don't want The Enemy to steal our supplies by offering them a carrot. They have the side effect of being chariots in war...
Sounds like an...interesting idea, but how would it be better than a horse-drawn cart?

i'm not sold on the sentience thing, mostly because I forsee it makeing them a handfull and harder to controll (while that would also be fun and fitting for a chaos god, hmmm maybe I do like the thought of sentience in a masochistic way)
here is a suggestion I have though for Stems being "EVERYWHERE", in neutral areas they should only sprout as a benign and a smaller variant (less intrusive maybe even helpfull). Sprouts in a certain area will only become warriors if we wish it so and feed them some chaos energy.
having them smaller and helpfull when they spread to peacefull lands means that they (and in extention we) wont be stepping on godly toes asmuch.
gods might even enjoy the helpfull stems in their domain.
and a hefty population of benign stems in a gods domain that recently proved hostile against us. will make that god have to deal with the next generation of stems as warriors. sort of like a trojan horse.
Why not just retain control over them like we do? Then we won't have to worry about spread (they won't get planted farther away than we want them to be) or "stepping on others' toes" (because they won't do so unless we want them to).
Unless you mean "when they're sentient," in which case STILL no because it would cripple or at least reduce our ability to make soldier Stems in the field for neverending waves of soldiers. I'd rather just indoctrinate them to listen to us, somehow or another. Or make the Buds/sentient Stems a separate species from the warriors.

For the eventual new Chaos Golems, we should use our abundant copper. Tiberius is iron or steel I think but copper is something we have a lot more of and besides our Lieutenant should naturally be considerably better.
Agreed.

+1
+2

Again, as I just said in the main thread, firetrackers have no souls, just like all our creations, so sentience won't help.
I would have thought the two went hand-in-hand. Huh. Better ask Corruptor.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 72