Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108149 times)

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #165 on: January 21, 2013, 06:56:31 am »

about trading fire nectar exclusively, I'm against it.

sure if we can still trade our own refined products it seems like nothing is lost.

but think about the credit. if she gets to trade super effective potions and we no longer get to trade our fire nectar to possible converts it will seem like she is the only one responsible for the miracle cures.

I don't mind her having a piece of potential converts. but we shouldn't remove ourselves from the equation.

We're not, and this isn't our only trade good. Still, we can send priests with healing boons, which should convert the people as well as the fire nector.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2013, 07:30:51 am »

After we screwed our main agriculture focus (stems), we need some new crops

Growable weapons.... It's good for some special things, but in general it's better to buy normal, steel weapons from the dwarves.

More food? It's covered

Something to create cloth? pointless. We have spider-silk.

Spices for trade?
Brewable stuff for dwarves?

We could grow a combination of dyes and spices, as well as other brewables. they should all net us more cash as well as increase the profits from clothing (dyed cloths are more valuable than white clothes).

The only time dyed become nearly useless is if we bless the spiders so that they produce multi-coloured silk. Then dyes just become another trade good. (unless they did something epic like automatically harden cloths to the strength of Adamantine when struck whilst also dissipating blunt force trauma).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:38:24 am by kahn1234 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2013, 08:06:10 am »

After we screwed our main agriculture focus (stems), we need some new crops
Growable weapons.... It's good for some special things, but in general it's better to buy normal, steel weapons from the dwarves.
More food? It's covered
Something to create cloth? pointless. We have spider-silk.
Spices for trade?
Brewable stuff for dwarves?
Hm. Silviculture?

about trading fire nectar exclusively, I'm against it.
sure if we can still trade our own refined products it seems like nothing is lost.
but think about the credit. if she gets to trade super effective potions and we no longer get to trade our fire nectar to possible converts it will seem like she is the only one responsible for the miracle cures.
I don't mind her having a piece of potential converts. but we shouldn't remove ourselves from the equation.
Two things to consider.
One: This deal would give greater profits than just selling it, in the form of a favor every other week and an alliance with Serena.
Two: Serena's more likely than whatever mortal we sell firenector to to give us credit.
Priests with healing boons were always a better option than firenector merchants for evangelism.

The only time dyed become nearly useless is if we bless the spiders so that they produce multi-coloured silk. Then dyes just become another trade good. (unless they did something epic like automatically harden cloths to the strength of Adamantine when struck whilst also dissipating blunt force trauma).
Hm...could we make dyes that do something like that? Maybe not that specifically, but...

Hold on while I think of some magical crops.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2013, 08:10:19 am »

I think we should look into dyes that can increase blunt defense.

At the moment we have fantastic defense against piercing and slashing, thanks to the spider silk, but the Spider silk is useless against Blunt weapons.

We either need dragon scale plate armour over the spider silk, OR we use dyes (increasing style and monetary worth) that also help fortify against blunt weapons (which i think Maher's troops use?).

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2013, 09:25:34 am »

Sorry, just quicker to not quote, gotta outtype the ninjas :P
Not true, just hit the "quote" button.
Not if you're not quoting the entire post. Also, we should really fix our stems, that is not an acceptable growth rate or seed incidence rate.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:29:16 am by Remuthra »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2013, 11:21:52 am »

Well, since we seem to be accepting the deal anyway (I'm hesitant, it seems like something that'll bite us down the line), should we try to casanova it and use our first favor to ask her on a date?
+1
we need to start producing our very own god-spawn. and we have a Goddess here who is ready but not yet willing.
To fortify our afterlife against void-spawn, why not add the offspring of Donut/Serena to the afterlives of both Gods alongside any angels we make?
Because we want our kids to have a better life than that?
What could possibly surpass a squads worth of gods who could have any combination of 6 different areas of influence in defense?
Something that doesn't resent us for condemning their own children to eternally guard the Afterlife? Something that won't alienate Serena (they'd be her kids, too)? Something less valuable?
Both Serena's and Donuts afterlives will be pretty much paradises, and i did say that the godly offspring would be for both Serena and Donut. I wasnt saying we could hog the offspring.
So? They'd be gods, forever tied to defending an Afterlife. It would be like if your parents stuck you in a building to protect it from attack.

Nor did i say tat our godly offspring couldn't help their parents in the real world. Just that their main job would be to protect the souls.
I'm against having children to give them jobs. We could ask them to "help around the house," so to speak, but I would rather not force them into positions of extreme difficulty, danger, and importance without asking them (or, ideally, them asking us).

Also bear in mind that our children, should they ever exist, will likely be like children...and also be farther in the future than most of us want to put our main Afterlife Defense Squadron.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2013, 11:23:39 am »

Well, since we seem to be accepting the deal anyway (I'm hesitant, it seems like something that'll bite us down the line), should we try to casanova it and use our first favor to ask her on a date?
+1
we need to start producing our very own god-spawn. and we have a Goddess here who is ready but not yet willing.
To fortify our afterlife against void-spawn, why not add the offspring of Donut/Serena to the afterlives of both Gods alongside any angels we make?
Because we want our kids to have a better life than that?
What could possibly surpass a squads worth of gods who could have any combination of 6 different areas of influence in defense?
Something that doesn't resent us for condemning their own children to eternally guard the Afterlife? Something that won't alienate Serena (they'd be her kids, too)? Something less valuable?
Both Serena's and Donuts afterlives will be pretty much paradises, and i did say that the godly offspring would be for both Serena and Donut. I wasnt saying we could hog the offspring.
So? They'd be gods, forever tied to defending an Afterlife. It would be like if your parents stuck you in a building to protect it from attack.

Nor did i say tat our godly offspring couldn't help their parents in the real world. Just that their main job would be to protect the souls.
I'm against having children to give them jobs. We could ask them to "help around the house," so to speak, but I would rather not force them into positions of extreme difficulty, danger, and importance without asking them (or, ideally, them asking us).

Also bear in mind that our children, should they ever exist, will likely be like children...and also be farther in the future than most of us want to put our main Afterlife Defense Squadron.

Assuming God Children mature at the same rate as mortal offspring.

For example, they could be like Athena, being born fully grown, fully comprehending etc. They dont have to be children in every sense of the word.

And i wasn't saying we give them an ultimatum about jobs. i was implying that we recommend jobs and then they decide whether or not to take them.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2013, 11:25:40 am »

I still imagine they'd be a bit less mature than a full god.

Also, you didn't address the other points. Or how you would convince Serena to do this...
Sig

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2013, 11:26:50 am »

Also, you didn't address the other points. Or how you would convince Serena to do this...

Befriend her, mutual benefits, alliance, spending time talking with her, show her our good side, woo her, impress her etc etc.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2013, 11:27:49 am »

Befriend her, mutual benefits, alliance, spending time talking with her, show her our good side, woo her, impress her etc etc.
Not the "have kids" part, the "Honey, let's have the kids guard our Afterlives from attack by various horrible monsters of Nothingness, okay?" part.
Sig

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2013, 11:33:04 am »

If we do have kids, my idea for making sure they're mature is to let them live life as a mortal for a bit, with the caveat that when they die they become a god. They shouldn't know about this bit.

You know, make a heroic epic. I imagine that even stuck in a physical form he'd be majorly powerful. Probably think he's a mage of some sort. But I'm thinking like Heracles, dying only to be entered into the pantheon anyway.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2013, 11:33:18 am »

Alright, the idea of creating child gods to defend the afterlife is about the most impractiacal thing I have heard yet. Just no. As for the rest, the deal is only against selling other cities unrefined fire nectar. We can still use it ourselves, and sell products made from it.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2013, 11:51:41 am »

Alright, the idea of creating child gods to defend the afterlife is about the most impractiacal thing I have heard yet. Just no.

Aye.

However, having our own family of gods could be very useful, but that's more of a long-term thing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2013, 12:08:42 pm »

If we do have kids, my idea for making sure they're mature is to let them live life as a mortal for a bit, with the caveat that when they die they become a god. They shouldn't know about this bit.

You know, make a heroic epic. I imagine that even stuck in a physical form he'd be majorly powerful. Probably think he's a mage of some sort. But I'm thinking like Heracles, dying only to be entered into the pantheon anyway.
Seeing as we just met the goddess we intend to have kids with, this sort of planning is a bit premature...but I still pre-approve.
Sig

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2013, 12:16:01 pm »

I think its so premature its missing half of its genetic code right now.

at the current point in time its a non issue, we can be charming. but we know next to nothing about Serena. She could be a tyrant hiding behind a pretty face for all we know.

maybe she is a perfect match, maybe shes not. time will tell. we might meet more gods that identify themselves as female. (since we seem to identify with ourselves being male ;))

that said, she seems to dislike the tranquil empire so thats a good start. but lets keep it in our pants shall we?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 72