Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108212 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2013, 12:28:19 pm »

I think its so premature its missing half of its genetic code right now.

at the current point in time its a non issue, we can be charming. but we know next to nothing about Serena. She could be a tyrant hiding behind a pretty face for all we know.

maybe she is a perfect match, maybe shes not. time will tell. we might meet more gods that identify themselves as female. (since we seem to identify with ourselves being male ;))

that said, she seems to dislike the tranquil empire so thats a good start. but lets keep it in our pants shall we?
no we should whip it out and start smacking people with it. Order people.

Tranquil Empire THIS bitch!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2013, 12:55:47 pm »

I propose that we tell Serena (that's the new god right?) that we will temporarily allow her to be the only person to get raw exports but that we want dont want to make any long term commitments until we see how things work out.  That way we can back out if we change our mind.

Also about the saps and stems, maybe we shouldn't make all of them sentient.  Make some sentient and they would be on equal terms with the humans but keep some without free will to serve as soldiers and free labor.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2013, 01:37:23 pm »

I propose that we tell Serena (that's the new god right?) that we will temporarily allow her to be the only person to get raw exports but that we want dont want to make any long term commitments until we see how things work out.  That way we can back out if we change our mind.

Also about the saps and stems, maybe we shouldn't make all of them sentient.  Make some sentient and they would be on equal terms with the humans but keep some without free will to serve as soldiers and free labor.
Even making them sentient, they still don't have a soul. I don't think the plant worship idea will work.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2013, 01:52:49 pm »

Personally I dont know how we could do that, but it could be cool. Ask Krait and Serena about this, for the future. Long term.

Maybe make them progressively sentient as they grow? They sprout with 0% free will, but they gain it in a few weeks/months. If there is complete peace, faster. If they are stuck in the middle of the ennemy territory ('cuz I still support the "stems EVERYWHERZ!" plan), much slower. In this case they would achieve, like, 25% free will after a couple of days, then stagnate for a month or so, acting as sergeants, then as officers if they survive long enough. Something like that.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2013, 02:00:17 pm »

I'd like to make a point. We were getting about 75 Stems every two to three days. Now, we'll be getting about 417 in about 4 to 7 days. And then around 2.5 times THAT total. Feast is tomorrow. I think we should put some manarack in Tiberius and Laskus, and have tem train a bit, see what it actually does.

And then? Four new Chaos Dreadnoughts, asking our souls who would like to become a large badass metal and wood creature to defend their former home. Why four? Because then we'll have five Dreadnoughts, and 135 souls. I'm only a little bit OCD. It's a decrease of four mana per day, in exchange for four more (less skilled, to be sure) Dreadnoughts.

And now for the obligatory new creature idea. Fuse a horse or something with a tree(or just use bone) so it's attached to it's cart, the cart is a part of it, it's more mobile, hopefully faster, and we can start growing wagons. When they're babies, it's like they have a small wagon or bucket on wheels behind them, like the little red wagons kids get, when they're reaching their prime, they'll have big carts, and as middle age and old age sets on, and they become slower anyway(but no less strong) then they have full blown wagons. And they've got the temperaments of well bred work horses; amicable enough, but they want to be doing something, and so are okay with working. And also they won't listen to many other than their owner/trainer. We should be able to sell them, and we don't want The Enemy to steal our supplies by offering them a carrot. They have the side effect of being chariots in war...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2013, 02:03:03 pm »

i'm not sold on the sentience thing, mostly because I forsee it makeing them a handfull and harder to controll (while that would also be fun and fitting for a chaos god, hmmm maybe I do like the thought of sentience in a masochistic way)

here is a suggestion I have though for Stems being "EVERYWHERE", in neutral areas they should only sprout as a benign and a smaller variant (less intrusive maybe even helpfull). Sprouts in a certain area will only become warriors if we wish it so and feed them some chaos energy.

having them smaller and helpfull when they spread to peacefull lands means that they (and in extention we) wont be stepping on godly toes asmuch.
gods might even enjoy the helpfull stems in their domain.
and a hefty population of benign stems in a gods domain that recently proved hostile against us. will make that god have to deal with the next generation of stems as warriors. sort of like a trojan horse.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2013, 02:04:03 pm »

We still need to increase stem production from this, it could be much better. As for adding the manarack, I'm for it, and we shouldn't do the Chaos Golems until after we do our other stuff, the afterlife stuff is important.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2013, 02:06:14 pm »

And then? Four new Chaos Dreadnoughts, asking our souls who would like to become a large badass metal and wood creature to defend their former home. Why four? Because then we'll have five Dreadnoughts, and 135 souls. I'm only a little bit OCD. It's a decrease of four mana per day, in exchange for four more (less skilled, to be sure) Dreadnoughts.

perhaps we can make the new dreadnoughts in such a way that they can be occupied by souls from our afterlife, but the connection isn't permanent. if there is no soul to 'drive' the dreadnought just goes dormant.

the souls in our afterlife can help out with tasks on the material plane, but they can still go back to enjoy the bliss of our afterlife.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2013, 02:07:44 pm »

We could could call the wee little ones Buds. Or Sprouts. I prefer Buds, since it also ilies them being friends. They might be like Brownies.

Talvara; that's actually an awesome idea. But they should be linked to specific souls, so that the souls can get better as time goes on, and get used to the quirks and particulars of their dreadnought. No two Dreadnoughts should be the same.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2013, 02:08:36 pm »

perhaps we can make the new dreadnoughts in such a way that they can be occupied by souls from our afterlife, but the connection isn't permanent. if there is no soul to 'drive' the dreadnought just goes dormant.

the souls in our afterlife can help out with tasks on the material plane, but they can still go back to enjoy the bliss of our afterlife.
That sounds like a good future idea, because then we can operate the lesser Chaos Golems without losing mana from the afterlife.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2013, 02:10:03 pm »

no to the new creature. It sounds pretty... How do I say it? gross. And stupid. If you didnt know, carts are made of wood. Which grow. We can grow normal carts and strap normal horses on it (or firedrakes for that matter). There is a large number of advantage, including detacheability.

For the dreadnoughts, we need first to speak lenghtily with our new residents (presenting ourselves, asking about their old god...), enlarge the afterlife, add fire angels modeled from the skyrim's fire atronachs (with vines).
Also YES to the non-permanent driving, yet specific by soul.

and TOTAL YES to Buds.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2013, 02:12:56 pm »

Why not this: In the field seeds grow into Sprouts, then these grow into Stems, which grow into Saps? So we can use the Sprouts for quicker combat units when needed.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2013, 02:15:25 pm »

I knew it wouldn't be done, but I had to suggest something. It was that, or Invisijays once again.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2013, 02:17:25 pm »

We could could call the wee little ones Buds. Or Sprouts. I prefer Buds, since it also ilies them being friends. They might be like Brownies.

Talvara; that's actually an awesome idea. But they should be linked to specific souls, so that the souls can get better as time goes on, and get used to the quirks and particulars of their dreadnought. No two Dreadnoughts should be the same.

I love the 'Buds' name.

about the specific souls, maybe not just limited to a single soul but the 'driver souls' are picked specifically. souls we deem worthy can get the 'keys' to a dreadnought :P

the process of becomming a worthy soul could have something to do with those special berries that our afterlife tree has?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2013, 02:22:12 pm »

I love the 'Buds' name.

about the specific souls, maybe not just limited to a single soul but the 'driver souls' are picked specifically. souls we deem worthy can get the 'keys' to a dreadnought :P

the process of becomming a worthy soul could have something to do with those special berries that our afterlife tree has?
I think the berries may cause the soul to be reincarnated.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 72