Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Worldbuilding Game  (Read 1925 times)

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay 12 Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 02:16:32 am »

((Scell,I think you should put up a spoiler with the stuff already made.
And maybe a picture.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 02:17:44 am »

Larger wyvern like creatures float in the sky filter feeding upon those tiny creatures.

It is gelatinous rather than liquid, and has a number of towering leviathans that stride across it's surface eating through their feet.
((I'm guessing you watched Alien Planet recently?))
A few years ago, but I couldn't pass up this opportunity.
((Go read the book it was based on, it's utterly amazing.))
((There's a book? IS IT ONLINE.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 02:25:10 am »

Small insectoid creatures with a multitude of legs feast on the scant mosses and lichens growing on the soil.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 02:25:49 am »

Larger wyvern like creatures float in the sky filter feeding upon those tiny creatures.

It is gelatinous rather than liquid, and has a number of towering leviathans that stride across it's surface eating through their feet.
((I'm guessing you watched Alien Planet recently?))
A few years ago, but I couldn't pass up this opportunity.
((Go read the book it was based on, it's utterly amazing.))
((There's a book? IS IT ONLINE.))

((If you mean to read for free then I don't think so. I have the link to a page from the authors website with some art samples from it though. there's a lot of links to pieces of the artwork on the wikipedia page for Darwin IV too))
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 02:28:03 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 10:33:05 am »

Huge masses of bone and muscle traverse the mesa, absorbing the plentiful lichen, protected from the radiation and rocks by their thick protective layers.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 11:51:21 am »

((Scell,I think you should put up a spoiler with the stuff already made.
And maybe a picture.))
Doing that now.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 12:36:12 pm »

Spoiler: The Land so Far (click to show/hide)

So, that's going well. Why don't we move on to various aspects of the Goblin culture?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 12:40:01 pm »

Because...

The Cloud Creatures* include many species, including one only 10-12 mm tall, with four legs and two arms. It is intelligent, and they are boring cities into the clouds to protect themselves from the Leviathans. They are the Cloudfolk, and have domesticated a couple species of fly and one beetle.

*I imagine the largest of them are maybe 10-15 cm. (4-6 inches for those in the States who aren't trying to switch to metric.) Those are the crazy-big, though, like elephants or dinosaurs. (I imagine one is a lizard.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 12:49:17 pm »

Inside the spire, the goblins are hunted constantly by giant exoskeletal creatures with massive, weighted arms. The creatures swing themselves forward to crush their prey, and then slowly dissolve and absorb it. They have only two limbs.

He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 02:44:57 pm »

Atop the plateau lives a race of giant stone monoliths. they are featureless chunks of stone , but for a swarm of vinelike tentacles at their base which they use to move around, and a single, colossal eye.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 02:51:18 pm »

Their children are born in a larval form resembling moles, who when it is time to become adults they burrow deep into the ground until they reach the rock layer and form their outer form from the surrounding rocks.
It's FEF, not FEOF

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 02:55:36 pm »

The Goblin exist in loose family units, divided by their beliefs about totemic creatures. There are some that worship the stone monoliths, and in imitation they coat themselves in harsh grey cave dust that steadily pollutes the air sacs distributed throughout their bodies.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 02:57:35 pm »

The Monoliths are symbiotic with a species of ants which burrows into their rocky outer shell. The ants get a home, the Monoliths get the ability to disgorge a swarm of venomous ants when attacked. Win/win.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 03:00:42 pm »

Another faction of goblin worships the creatures of the spider, and revere the ability to be eaten. They are regarded as suicidal maniacs.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 03:16:35 pm »

Needless to say, they're hemorrhaging population, and can only keep it up by systemized impregnation and significant recruiting (which, sadly, is mostly composed of young single males).
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4