Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114620 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #825 on: July 30, 2013, 08:34:45 pm »

Yeah, screw Melvin, if he wants food he can find his own. Trying to capture us, the nerve!
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 30, 2013, 08:44:39 pm »

Obtain horse.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 31, 2013, 12:51:41 am »

Send the saved villagers to our temple.  Maybe we can get a few more followers.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 31, 2013, 03:08:14 am »

Hey, maybe our dwarf is in Melvin's keep?

If not, think of all the delicious loot.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 31, 2013, 04:53:33 pm »

Send the saved villagers to our temple.  Maybe we can get a few more followers.

For all it`s worth, If we defeat Melvin, we could start a new chapter of our cult here. But I thought we did not want "The Chosen One" to find out wich god we serve... I think we need some coming out soon, unless we want to hide this fact from him all of the journey. Wich obviously would be hilarious in a sense. Eh... I`m torn, So I will just bring it up, nothing more.

Obtain horse.
This.. actually sounds real nice. I almost wonder why we did not think of this, seeing as our income from poisons could certainly have paid three horses, heck even a couple more for supplies and loot. But then again, I would make us a bigger target. Oh well, we better get that horse, lest the villagers eat it for free. We want to make them pay. In Gold, favorably. :P

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 31, 2013, 05:53:16 pm »

We do need supplies, and even chosen ones can become desperate enough to eat the cure mystery meat that the weird snake-person has been carrying...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 02, 2013, 02:56:19 pm »

You open up the cages, to the sound of loud cheering from the villagers. A new place to stay should be welcome for them, so you ask:
Do you wish to have a new home among equals? Go to the large temple a few miles south from here, there you will see a new and better way of life.
Cut the crap, we're going already. You had us at "new home".
A bit impolite, but fine. Some mal-nourished cultists are still cultists. You send them on their way, and now you are left with three horses. Mysteriously well-fed horses.
Seems like Melvin is hoarding it for his soldiers. Maybe. There's probably some big 'ol twist the writer is preparing.

The three horses will make for fine animals, allowing your companions and you to spare your poor feet from the horrors of small blisters or rocks in the shoes. the ride back to town was uneventful, and you see your companions are in the town square, gathering up info on your where-abouts, no doubt. why don't they follow the road-tracks?
Good day, my compan-Oh, thank gods. I hate rescue missions.
Come on! Show a  little respect here!  He's your companion!
Yes,yes. He wouldn't have a mark upon him if he WAS in trouble. Important people are always saved for last, so one can make a daring rescue. Wooptie-goddamn-doo. I don't care fo-You will show me respect, human. Your intimidating size makes him take a step back.
Eesh, fine. I was just making a joke, honestly. What's life without humor pertaining to the death of one's friends?
Companion. I won't call us friends just yet, mortal.
Mortal? HAH! I knew it. You aren't an inkling, you're a full-on demon!
Your expression turns grim as you step closer to him.
I assume you are going to try something, now? Go ahead, Seum. Let's see if the chosen is worth the title.
Oh calm down! Killing each-other won't do anything but cause trouble. Step down, already.
...Fine. But we will have a talk about this later.
It'll be one hell of a bonding experience.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 02, 2013, 03:09:57 pm »

Leave the "bonding experience" for later.
I somewhat suspect that Seum might need some days of rest after it. Or some strong healing potions.

Do get him up to speed - obviously leaving out anything that might cause trouble for us.
While I would opt for a good night of sleep before carrying out the plan, there is the matter of the soldiers not returning. I daresay that we want to act sooner rather than later, given the circumstances.

We might want to lessen Melvin`s forces as much as possible.
Looking for a good place to ambush the men he will send out next sounds feasible, at least in my book. Seum and his merry man, yay. ( Actually, no, forget that one. That would be too degrading.)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 02, 2013, 07:43:25 pm »

"The local lord seems to lack the sense to leave us be. I suggest moving on while they still have some soldiers left..."
Read the First Post!

Ora_the_Owlish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PFUDOR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 02, 2013, 10:03:18 pm »

Mostly PTW, but I'd like to add a bit of an observation! Clearly these townspeople are all hungry and desperate. That means they're ripe for either revolution or recruitment. For the price of some spare cultist gold (for food), one of the following could very well happen:

1) Peasants accept you as your saviour. Seum hopefully thinks you're a tad less evil, even though you're likely dying from shame inside. Console yourself by sending peasants off to the temple.

2) Peasants gather to hear your rousing speech and prepare to oust Melvin
     a) Given you're on an "epic quest," you probably have a high chance of overthrowing a petty tyrant.
     b) Or, you get a bunch of innocents massacred, feeding your EVIL BAR OF EVIL.

3) At the very least, you might buy enough loyalty to harvest some information. SOMETHING IS FISHY IN THIS TOWN besides the obvious bits you know already. Who knows what? Who needs corrupting? Is the area thick with Melvin's spies?

Of course, this all relies upon getting supplies before the next attack. I'm not certain on how long it'd take to get said supplies, it's more a long-term plan than a quicky-stabby plan. For quicky-stabby, I second taking a gentler approach with Seum. As for concerns about setting up a new branch of the cult, just portal-chat with your sorceress and see if she can send some folks in after you've cleared out. Also, you have horses now. Even if no one else is for ROUSING THE PEASANTS HOORAY, the horses should increase maneuverability by a long shot. Scout the road and set that ambush! Melt some minds for info this time!
Broseph Stalin, "The Increasingly Tragic Tale of Dumplin", a narrative
This is a narrative. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of feels.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 03, 2013, 01:12:27 pm »

Mostly PTW, but I'd like to add a bit of an observation! Clearly these townspeople are all hungry and desperate. That means they're ripe for either revolution or recruitment. For the price of some spare cultist gold (for food), one of the following could very well happen:

1) Peasants accept you as your saviour. Seum hopefully thinks you're a tad less evil, even though you're likely dying from shame inside. Console yourself by sending peasants off to the temple.

2) Peasants gather to hear your rousing speech and prepare to oust Melvin
     a) Given you're on an "epic quest," you probably have a high chance of overthrowing a petty tyrant.
     b) Or, you get a bunch of innocents massacred, feeding your EVIL BAR OF EVIL.

3) At the very least, you might buy enough loyalty to harvest some information. SOMETHING IS FISHY IN THIS TOWN besides the obvious bits you know already. Who knows what? Who needs corrupting? Is the area thick with Melvin's spies?

Of course, this all relies upon getting supplies before the next attack. I'm not certain on how long it'd take to get said supplies, it's more a long-term plan than a quicky-stabby plan. For quicky-stabby, I second taking a gentler approach with Seum. As for concerns about setting up a new branch of the cult, just portal-chat with your sorceress and see if she can send some folks in after you've cleared out. Also, you have horses now. Even if no one else is for ROUSING THE PEASANTS HOORAY, the horses should increase maneuverability by a long shot. Scout the road and set that ambush! Melt some minds for info this time!
Hmmm.... What is the evil boost for conversion of a chosen one to our religion? They seem important, so maybe we get a big one?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 03, 2013, 06:20:05 pm »

They are probably only as important as their destiny. So once their prophesized task is completed, they are probably just a somewhat well known and skilled individual, with no inherent 'chosen one' status... And their current task is already aligned with our own, so I would suppose that it is only marginally more evil than corrupting anyone else of similar skill, social standing, and inclinations.
Read the First Post!

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 04, 2013, 03:13:52 pm »

They are probably only as important as their destiny. So once their prophesized task is completed, they are probably just a somewhat well known and skilled individual, with no inherent 'chosen one' status... And their current task is already aligned with our own, so I would suppose that it is only marginally more evil than corrupting anyone else of similar skill, social standing, and inclinations.
Yes, but chosen ones, on their destiny, wield massive amounts of power. Imagine the Big Boss fight. If we do not interfere with the chosen one's point of view, it will be pretty standard. If we do, and make him evil, then hordes of minions will wear the Big Boss down, then the chosen one captures and tortures to death the Big Boss. See the difference? It's like getting into a castle by sneaking in, and getting in by holding up a collection of severed heads and threatening to add the guards to your collection. 

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 08, 2013, 06:18:31 am »

You make contact with your cult in a secluded spot. A hole in reality appears, and you see your priestess who looks annoyed. She does a quick arcane gesture of some kind, then pays attention to you.
Salutations, lord. What gives me the honor of this conversation?
Sarcasm is beneath you. I'm here to request resources.
Already?
I need food for some starving locals, to add them to my cult and overthrow the local cannibal.
How do those people always get power? One of the worst chiefs we ever had ate half the tribe before we just made him split open. Everyone knew he was bad, but still we allow-.FOCUS. Send some food to this place for now, they're starving, so get a lot. Also, get some converters ready for the journey to this godsforsaken village.
Taking control through superiour kindness?
Correct.
You smile evilly, as all demons,entities and other god-spawn are suckers for acting like everything is a play or movie, and sever the connection

The food arrives in a few hours. The carts unload and the village stands in shock for a few seconds before a fight erupts. People rushing to get to the food, gathering as  much as they possibly can. People are getting trampled, fistfights are already starting.
As amusing as it is, you need to stop it. You climb atop the carts, and use your booming, deep voice to attempt calm everyone down with a loud
Silence!
Everyone stops, and looks at you.
Here I grant you food, and you squander it with petty squabble while there is enough for all! Is this how you deal with everything!? Wasting energy, time, family for a problem easily solved by fighting among yourself!?
The crowd looks ashamed. Excellent.
Line up, and take your food! Then, I wish to begin what should have happened a long time ago! REVOLUTION!
You hold your fist in the air, and the crowd follows. Chants of "down with Melvin" and other similar ones start appearing.
Now, feed! Feed your families, your neighbors, yourself. Then gather your resolve, and join me for your freedom and life!
You feel sort of cold. This act counts as a "good" one, which does not conform to your nature. You shake it off quickly though as the crowd cheers, and Seum looks impressed from the sidelines. You jump off the cart and wander over to... well, Wander.

Nice speech. You just carried these guys from despair to revolution.
I'm impressed, yeah. But we do need a plan if we're going to assault Melvin. We can't just throw peasants at the problem until it goes away.
Why not?
Casualties?
Oh, right. I suppose that matters.
Boy it's gonna be fun when you finally but heads, innit?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 08, 2013, 06:31:18 am »

Umm, call gobbos and tell them to bring weapons?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 89