Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114606 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #840 on: August 08, 2013, 09:45:33 am »

Um, maybe get what info on Melvin's forces/home as you can from the peasants then see what else you can find out by finding and breaking the mind of one of his guards? (also could use said guard's body later) Also agree with having some weapons sent, maybe some armor?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 08, 2013, 09:52:32 am »

I don't see why doing good actions is bad is we do enough evil to tip the scales. On an unrelated note, I think I know why demons are stupid evil so often if that happens every time they are nice.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 08, 2013, 12:22:24 pm »

I don't know which color is our and who's the party were with either. Also see if our cult can get us some weapons while we sneak around in our gas form to spy on melvin's position/castle wherever he is.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 08, 2013, 01:22:29 pm »

I don't know which color is our and who's the party were with either. Also see if our cult can get us some weapons while we sneak around in our gas form to spy on melvin's position/castle wherever he is.

Gasform is not invisible, and too dangerous in the long run. I say, get a guard that is nodding off on the armaments. Then play the trojan horse and open the gates, after having a good look around obivously.

Getting some weapons from the goblins sounds also quite nice, but some billhooks work wonders - ask the lordship guys for the full picture (wich may very well escalate into multiple pages, so lets not... )

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 08, 2013, 03:56:00 pm »

Why not attempting to "sell" a lot of "definitely not armed" civilians and raid the castle?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 08, 2013, 07:40:50 pm »

We could lead a small, elite group into the castle, release some prisoners, steal some valuables, throw in a few dead guards and officials, then depart, and have our army ambush our pursuers and make use of their equipment...

Also, it is a scale, Evil does balance out good, but it still feels wrong if the scale is moving in the wrong direction, at least until you switch from one side to the other, then you probably either cease to exist, or switch sides, we should find a good entity and attempt to convert it someday. It shouldn't be that difficult, just lock it away behind some innocents that we will kill if it escapes. If it hurts them then it is Evil, if it gets them killed for nothing by trying and failing to escape then it is Evil, if it sits by and lets Evil prosper by remaining imprisoned then that is mild, but still basically Evil...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 08, 2013, 08:42:26 pm »

I'm mostly saying that we obviusly weren't going to do anything good with the new recruits so why do we feel good bad?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 09, 2013, 01:37:57 am »

Because we made people happy.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Ora_the_Owlish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PFUDOR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 10, 2013, 03:10:42 pm »

Yeah, I think it's a sort of guilt. Like, imagine you are a GOOD entity that just walled in and starved people to death in order to...I don't know, stop a spectacularly contagious disease from spreading. You may have saved thousands of lives, but you still feel guilty.

If Seum cares so much about peasant casualties, he should be the one scavenging for makeship weapons and armor! Lazy bastard. Anyways, I'm sure Melvin took note of the fact that his most recent shipment of delicious man-meat was detained, so I'd bet that the soldiers will be back (and more of them, this time) to rough up the villagers and find out what's afoot. Get them armed up and armored ASAP and prepare to ambush any soldiers that enter the town. Confiscate their armor and weapons, which are likely decent. After beating on them physically, enter one or more minds and get all the info you can about Melvin's forces and the layout of his fortress. With your peasants' spirits rallied (and hopefully with your gobbos in tow), take what you've learned and prepare for glorious combat.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 03:15:50 pm by Ora_the_Owlish »
Broseph Stalin, "The Increasingly Tragic Tale of Dumplin", a narrative
This is a narrative. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of feels.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 10, 2013, 03:12:55 pm »

We should try and get permission to do EVIL THINGS to Melvin and his supporters. Perhaps we could make an attempt at destroying the soul of any particularly weak-souled underlings, because that would be DELICIOUS.

Ora_the_Owlish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PFUDOR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 10, 2013, 03:20:36 pm »

We should try and get permission to do EVIL THINGS to Melvin and his supporters. Perhaps we could make an attempt at destroying the soul of any particularly weak-souled underlings, because that would be DELICIOUS.

Oooh, I second this (with slight modification, because I'm terribly anal)! Tell Seum that we can get information from peoples' minds, as he's seen, but that it's INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS unless the people are in very bad physical shape/a great deal of pain (which distracts their mental self). That way, we sorta lie to Seum, make Seum do evil things, AND actually benefit from the evil things he's doing (in more than one way). IIRC he's only seen us do it once, and that time we tried eating a soul, so we came out of it pretty beat up. He'd probably buy it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 03:23:51 pm by Ora_the_Owlish »
Broseph Stalin, "The Increasingly Tragic Tale of Dumplin", a narrative
This is a narrative. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of feels.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 10, 2013, 04:45:42 pm »

We can also ask the villagers yo build a temple to our god.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 10, 2013, 04:46:31 pm »

I like the plan of the ambush, but only if we get inside a mind and steal a body, then make it open the gates for all our angry citizens in a covert operation, that would likely involve getting inside the castle with caged villagers.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 10, 2013, 06:33:28 pm »

I would like to keep our god secret from the chosen one for now, so I am against the building of a temple.
Read the First Post!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 10, 2013, 07:19:01 pm »

Good point forgot about that. Also yes for the ambushing idea.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 89