Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114612 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #810 on: July 16, 2013, 02:13:54 pm »

Ask Seum if he timed himself. It's both an attempt at humour and an attempt to see how long we were in the soulscape for.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 18, 2013, 02:44:11 pm »

Well, that was impressive. Did you time that?
Nope. It's been a few seconds, I assume. One thing my teachers taught me well is how to loot someone. I just sort of took to it, though that might be part of the whole "chosen one" biz. They always grab whatever isn't nailed down, right?
Probably, yeah. Wander chuckles at the little observation, while you roll your eyes.
You only remain in those things for about a second or so anyways. Combat possession is a possible thing, though risky. Wouldn't want to be disoriented from something.

Where will we be going from here?
A small town, not far from here. Somebody there will help me set the first step into the direction of the anvil.
Right, I'd suggest being on your guard, there's never some looming threat to end the world without a ridiculously well-funded and extensive cult dedicated to preventing the heroes.
The road towards Lathoring is uneventful, apart from an encounter with a particularly angry squirrel and some walking stilts.
When you enter, something seems a bit "off" about the townsmembers. Most looks pale, some look down-right underfed...
Of course, why would a town be normal? Having a normal town during adventures is about as common as dwarf-elf marriage.

Seum enters the town hall, leaving you to your business as Wander leaves to visit the library. The sun is starting to set, and your companions will need to sleep soon.
What do you do?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 18, 2013, 06:33:04 pm »

Well, lets investigate their eating habits. Chances are that they are either malnourished, cursed, or undead. If they eat well, then it rules out the first. If they eat maniacally then it suggest the second. If they eat haphazardly while staring at your throat and licking their lips, then the latter seems likely...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 18, 2013, 07:05:33 pm »

tell seum about it and take turns sleeping...also just law low if possible no need for the town to chase us out right?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: July 18, 2013, 09:07:12 pm »

Well, lets investigate their eating habits. Chances are that they are either malnourished, cursed, or undead. If they eat well, then it rules out the first. If they eat maniacally then it suggest the second. If they eat haphazardly while staring at your throat and licking their lips, then the latter seems likely...
Or being preyed on by undead. Probably a filthy leech of some kind.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 19, 2013, 01:39:27 pm »

I'm going to be gone for a week. So this is on a week-long hiatus for now.

You decide to go spy on them, using your gaseous form to remain undetected. Entering a house reveals they have very little food, barely enough for one person in a house of four. As you don't feel like staying inside the of some peasant for an entire evening, you continue your investigation throughout the town. Your search comes up with very little, and you get the occasional beggar groveling at your feet. A kick from said feet tends to dissuade them.
Things get interesting when you hear screams. A light jog later, you see many people holding a man at knifepoint, talking about how he'll make a for a nice stew for "Melvin". There's the clue you need, and you step out of the shadows, and advise them to tell you about Melvin. Their short moment of confusion about whether you are going to prevent the creation of stew is cleared up quickly. They explain that some sort of lord nearby has recently decided that all food must go to him. It's soldiers versus peasants, so they had to just give what they had.Now, Melvin promises to give back some food for human flesh. Isn't that a nice eating habit?
You thank them for their help, and leave them to their business after suggesting them to put some cloth over the mouth to prevent loud screams.

You return to the town center, where Seum awaits.
Looks like the direction we should be going is just "north". We can find an entrance to the dwarven mountain-homes, but that's many miles away. I say we stay here for the night, though, I don't want to travel when it's dark.
I found a map in the library! so we can figure out where to stop along the way Wander shouts out, seemingly coming out of nowhere.
Right, well, I'd like to point out that people are selling each-other to cannibalistic lord with a lot of power, but other then that, sure. Let's find a good room.
Stunned silence and shocked faces meet you, before Seum speaks up.
We are going to fix that tomorrow. Right now it's too late out.
You get a room for peanuts, and your companions go to sleep while you guard. Dumb mortals  and their need for sleep, he he he.

I think.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: July 19, 2013, 04:44:19 pm »

Melvin... Is he a halfling?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #818 on: July 19, 2013, 06:48:54 pm »

Okay, so right now we will just take gaurd for the whole day, But for now, if there is any intruders, we cook em, and sell them to the peasents, that way we get money, lots of it, Im sure A hungry peasent will love some stew after months of starvation, he he...
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 20, 2013, 09:10:38 am »

Okay, so right now we will just take gaurd for the whole day, But for now, if there is any intruders, we cook em, and sell them to the peasents, that way we get money, lots of it, Im sure A hungry peasent will love some stew after months of starvation, he he...
+1

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 29, 2013, 01:58:30 am »

You set up guard, and wait. It proves to be an exercise in patience, mostly, as nothing seems to be entering to eat the heavily armed adventurers.
Well, that's what you figured after the belltower rings twice, so you relax a bit.
The fact that the next thing that happens is you waking up in a cage with a pounding headache and some blood to the  back of the head, proves that perhaps it was a bad idea to assume you get a room that cheap in that town without some sort of entrance you didn't know about. Taking a look around you, you see the following.
First, your allies are not with you. Second, you are in a moving caravan along with two other villagers, who are both still unconscious. Third, that you have already been taken by soldiers, rather then squishy villagers.
You pull yourself up, and sigh wearily.

Ah, he's awake. Welcome back to the world of the living, demon-spawn.
I'm not even going to take offence at that, though it does cement my image of you being a douche. May I know what will happen?
Nope.
How disappointing. Is this for Melvin?
Yep.
This makes for boring conversation.
yes
He doesn't talk anymore after that. At least you get a free ride to the castle, if you are so inclined.

So this is going again. yay?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:13:44 am by Kitten Snot »
I think.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 29, 2013, 05:03:43 am »

Sell the villagers to the guards. We have poison, we can ruin the villagers for whatever purposes are planned, and they guards are precious little threat to us in our current form, less if we factor in gaseous form and possession. The villagers are currently in our possession and we are selling them!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 29, 2013, 01:00:11 pm »

Destroy the threats, then escape with gas form

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 30, 2013, 02:59:59 pm »

You poof into your gaseous form, and decide against selling something captured by others to the people that captured them. the guard is surprised when you go solid above him, and is even more surprised when you ram your claws through his eyes(roll=21). his horse rears up, and you fall down onto the dirt road. The two remaining guards come closer to you, one dismounting while the other charges with his horse, but you dodge it handily and nab the spear belonging to the dead guard. You get a bit cocky, and just throw it at the guy. As luck would have it, you hit him square in the chest, making him fall off his horse whilst bleeding to death.(roll=20)
The last one is unfazed by the death of his compatriots, and he attacks you with his axe.(roll=15) he cuts your shoulder open, and hits you with the blunt side when you rear up for a counter(roll=3). His next attack is clumsy, though, and you stab him in his back while he stumbles.(your roll=7/ his roll= 5)
You finish him off quickly after that.

The peasants cheer, having been woken by the fighting. You gather up the money the guards had with them, netting you 300 gold pieces. The road to Melvin's castle is just ahead, and you can see a spire of a tower of sorts in the distance.
What to do?

I think.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 30, 2013, 03:05:19 pm »

Let the villagers out and go back and tell the rest of the party what happened.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 89