Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114593 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #855 on: August 10, 2013, 07:31:53 pm »

The chosen one already knows we're a demon, so hiding our religion from him might not be that important.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 10, 2013, 07:59:11 pm »

The chosen one already knows we're a demon, so hiding our religion from him might not be that important.

Oh, it is - especially with his handy misunderstanding. He thinks us an extraplanar, while we (at least from what I would have gathered) are more an apparation. And entity, not a demon. So he thinks we do not have to do anything at all with gods - because we come from somewhere where they hold no sway. In truth we are an extention of sorts from a god. This misunderstanding could come in quite handy indeed - for times when he decides against our course of action.

Take note that this would be my view of the current situation - as far as i could remember, kitten snot has not clearly stated that it is that way, so it is my presumption at best.

Else, all for getting those villagers cut up some.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 11, 2013, 01:29:00 am »

I'd rather us do the abusing of the interrogation. We get more evil that way. Sure we get some by watching, but we get much more by DOING.

Ora_the_Owlish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PFUDOR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 11, 2013, 06:30:48 am »

Good point! But still, we should explain some of it to Seum, so he doesn't try to stop us. Don't want to go alienating the chosen one right off the bat with our delicious brutality.
Broseph Stalin, "The Increasingly Tragic Tale of Dumplin", a narrative
This is a narrative. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of feels.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 11, 2013, 05:58:09 pm »

Perform a brutal torture, be Evil for a day. Teach a brutal torture, be Evil for one lifetime...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 12, 2013, 07:29:02 am »

Have villiagers build defenses. Cut down trees to a make walls.  fill barrels with rock to also make walls. Use wagons as barricades. Dig pits and use the dirt to build earthen walls
Make sure Seum will not interfere with our torture by telling him about the mind thing
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:15:45 am by Urist Mc Dwarf »

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 13, 2013, 11:16:46 am »

Sorry for the long delay in this, I plum forgot.

Taking command of the villagers was very easy, and they quickly go to work building a barricade from all sorts of things. Trees block the sides of the village, while a large wagon blocks the main road. Digging a pit will take a long amount of time, but the villagers get to work anyways. Everyone, including the woman and children, is helping and doing their utmost while you gather up a raiding party with the town's lumberjack, Seum and a bow-wielding traveler who decided he wanted to help.
You take Seum away for a bit, and tell him what you intend to do.
Seriously? You can posses people? That's sounds incredible! Also scary.
It is needed that they are in extreme pain or physically weak before it's safe, though.
You are not going to ask what I fear you're going to ask.
Torture will be needed. It's that or I kill the guy and many more villagers die because of a lack of intel. So your choice, one guy who willingly brings dozens to their deaths feels some pain, or an entire town of innocents gets murdered.
Agh.... Fine. But you can do it on your own!
Fine by me.

The next patrol of soldiers went where you predicted they'd be. By the ransacked wagon you left behind.
The bowman takes out the first one, and the lumberjack and Seum easily take down the second. The last one attempts to flee, however. Fortunately, the bowman manages to hit the horse on the leg. It falls down, causing the rider to fall head over heels.
His capture was easy, as his sword-arm was broken. He gets put in the emptied town hall, allowing you to torture him later.

You arrive at high noon, and the villagers got in line for their food again. They get their food, you get yours.
The torture is something special, if you can brag about it. Playing with his broken arm, kicking in the right spots to hurt, but not to bruise...
A tortured soldier comes across with suspicion. If he says he managed to escape the ambush, that'll clear up the suspicion, no?
By the time you are done, he lies broken. Not even crying, just laying face-first on the floor, shaking a little.
You enter his mind, and discover something interesting.
He's dead. There is a minor demon here,in the form of a giant tick, which you squash with ease. Giant ticks are still just ankle-high. This proves to be an interesting problem, though. As soon as you leave this place, the body will fall and you won't be able to return.
Looks like this is a bit more special then just some person who decided it would be funny to become the definition of gluttony.

The fortifications for the town are pretty much ready. The pit is only knee-deep, and the earthen wall is predictably knee-high. But you have enough wall to go around.
The mysterious bowman is on the rooftops. You request for goblin weaponry will take a bit longer, but the villagers can improvise with pitch-forks, axes, broom handles and so on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 13, 2013, 11:21:57 am »

I feel I remember something like this happening in a book. Of course the villagers weren't starving and did it of there own volition and they didn't have a hero of the world with them at the time. That said it's almost the same fortifications and numbers.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 13, 2013, 11:28:05 am »

Tell Seum that there was a tick-demon instead of any useful minds, so you didn't get anything. Bring up our knowledge on tick-demons. If we don't know about tick-demons, ask our priestess, and if she doesn't know, ask Put.

Ora_the_Owlish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PFUDOR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 13, 2013, 11:42:32 am »

Tell Seum that there was a tick-demon instead of any useful minds, so you didn't get anything. Bring up our knowledge on tick-demons. If we don't know about tick-demons, ask our priestess, and if she doesn't know, ask Put.

+1
Broseph Stalin, "The Increasingly Tragic Tale of Dumplin", a narrative
This is a narrative. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of feels.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 13, 2013, 02:37:43 pm »

+1 For info-gathering

Else, do we want Wander ressurect one of the soldiers? Just to strain Seum a bit? ;D

Well, I would be all for it. Call it neccessary for a trap that you want to spring. ( I swear, by the end Seum will be seen as an attricious criminal, instead of the saviour he seemingly is...)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 13, 2013, 04:50:07 pm »

Have villagers improve defenses. Build higher walls. Get long stick and sharpen them, then place them in the ground. Make the pits bigger and deeper, and make a few concealed pit traps

+1 to reanimating soldier

Loot the corpses and give the equipment to the villagers, and have the blacksmith try to make spears and arrows. Try to get more bows.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 08:05:08 am by Urist Mc Dwarf »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 13, 2013, 08:03:10 pm »

The spikes in the bottom of the pit only need to be a couple of centimetres long...

Try to find out what you can about the demon. Was is associated with any gods or anything?

A minor demon possessing a random soldier seems odd. It is perhaps likely that all the soldiers are possessed. The cannibalism would be consistent with some sort of patron of Evil, possibly gluttony or pride. It could be that the local lord is similar to ourselves and is using demonic possession to have soldiers that are more attuned to their own interests. We should ask Put about it, see if the gods are churning out extra entities for some reason...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 14, 2013, 08:05:31 am »

Seems like a good idea
@kj1225. The book is Eldest. That's where I got some of the ideas. The spikes and pits are my own

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 14, 2013, 08:28:24 am »

That would explain why I remember the plan. Let's hope that they don't have anything worse than their soldiers.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 89