Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114633 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #510 on: May 08, 2013, 06:22:35 pm »

Let the gurads finish the stuff and assault the jail with our cultists. Offer the prisoners freedom if they join Put. Kill the rest.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 08, 2013, 07:06:37 pm »

Maybe instead let's just cement the loyalty of that guard captain and have him release anyone we want to?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 08, 2013, 07:16:11 pm »

I could be possible. We can offer him peace (as we will take control over the mob) if he lets us do our business alone. Or, we can formally introduce our cultists and religion as the good guys, allowing us to freely recruit new people.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 08, 2013, 07:37:31 pm »

The priestess was largely ours by association with the general. She might break free if given a chance, and will probably be mentally compromised, possibly even spiritually compromised, by the mark, and by losing the general. It is worth considering possessing the priestess, but I don't see it as being particularly important.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 08, 2013, 08:06:44 pm »

The priestess was largely ours by association with the general. She might break free if given a chance, and will probably be mentally compromised, possibly even spiritually compromised, by the mark, and by losing the general. It is worth considering possessing the priestess, but I don't see it as being particularly important.
We could also possess someone close to the general, see if we could get her that way.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 08, 2013, 08:23:55 pm »

As I say, it isn't really important, the priestesses loyalty could go either way at this point, and barring intervention from her priestessing, we have magic on our side...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 08, 2013, 08:32:56 pm »

Focus on the short term.  ALL our cultists should be MUCH more loyal once word spreads that it was due to our machinations that a servent of the god of rage has been killed.  Promote all of them, give them more marks/power, possibly arrange a festival or ritual.  The guards will mourn their loss, and the second in command will be promoted.  If he took part in the battle, try to arrange a meeting, saying we were the source of the general's information, and something about how sad we are.  If he seems corrupt enough, start...meh, bored now, you guys figure out the rest, heheheheheh.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 09, 2013, 07:36:09 am »

I want to point out something: if we want to expand our influence, we can't posess people. We can't play as everybody. We need followers, not babbling puppets.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 09, 2013, 08:21:39 am »

Agreed, but keeping a dungeon filled with babbling priestesses probably wouldn't hurt our Evil credibility...

Well, I have nothing against corrupting number 2. I doubt that we have much chance of success using the direct approach, but Posing mongoose as an informant seems valid.

Send the cultists in to loot rage's house.
Read the First Post!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 09, 2013, 08:34:04 am »

Agreed, but keeping a dungeon filled with babbling priestesses probably wouldn't hurt our Evil credibility...

Well, I have nothing against corrupting number 2. I doubt that we have much chance of success using the direct approach, but Posing mongoose as an informant seems valid.

+1

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 09, 2013, 08:48:16 am »

+1

+2

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 09, 2013, 08:57:40 am »

+1

+2

+789
+3

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 09, 2013, 05:35:34 pm »

+1

+2

+789
+3
+4
I'd also like to note that possessing #2 allows us to keep control over the military of the area.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 09, 2013, 06:44:24 pm »

I'd also like to note that possessing #2 allows us to keep control over the military of the area.
I will say it again, posessing is for the short term. In the long one, we need followers.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 09, 2013, 06:49:02 pm »

But think about having control. We'd have direct access to those in jail. We need that direct access because we need Mr. Orc back under our control, plus all those prisoners would make great candidates. The throwaways, the ones that get swept under the rug.

Isn't that what Putribulus is about? Taking in those whom society has deemed unworthy and telling them they're worth something by riotous uprising?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 89