Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114614 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #525 on: May 09, 2013, 06:52:30 pm »

I think Tomcost is saying that we should still do all that stuff regarding taking control but that we should do it by corruption and persuasion instead of direct possession.  We can only be in one host at a time.  So instead of having a bunch of different hosts that we constantly need to switch between, we have one host that we maintain our appearances in and then a bunch of corrupted underlings that take care of the day to day management for us.

In short; still take over the guards and gain access to the prison but instead of possessing #2, we should corrupt him and make him serve us.

Edit:  For the record I agree with him.

We should also have our priestess perform initiation rituals on all the wannabe cultists so that they actually count as a part of our cult.  Save the Mark for more important people like our spellcasters, priests, etc.  On that note, lets give the Mark to our priestess, to our mage and to the locked up alchemist.  Maybe also to the goblin shamans to ensure loyalty.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 06:54:58 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 09, 2013, 07:03:27 pm »

Mm. How dashing is Mongoose? Maybe we can get her in with us like the CotG had. It'll be easier if we're attractive, but we've already got our tramp stamp mark of corruption on her.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 09, 2013, 07:06:05 pm »

I meant the priestess who already works for us.  The one we met early on in the game that knows we are an entity and we put her in charge of our cultists while we did all the stuff we've been doing recently like corrupting the guards and taking over the goblins.

She should take the Mark willingly, although I don't recommend we give it to her the "intimate" way, purely out of respect.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 09, 2013, 07:22:50 pm »

OH. Her. Yeah, no shenanigans. She's our Head Priestess, after all. And we're not an entity of lust, we're one of... Shoot, what's the official word?

Decay, corruption, death?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 09, 2013, 09:09:18 pm »

Let's dig more tunnels.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 09, 2013, 09:26:17 pm »

I'd also like to note that possessing #2 allows us to keep control over the military of the area.
I will say it again, posessing is for the short term. In the long one, we need followers.
Well, yes. But we can't lose now in hopes of winning later.
And our host should be someone important. Unless we can possess the king or something, a general's about as high as we can get.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 09, 2013, 09:43:59 pm »

How compatible are our marks, would we be able to have the mutation and the mark and the presence on a single individual?

I worry about the personal risk, wiegh up their mental strength before doing anything, but i would prefer to possess the new leader of the guards. They are clearly strong-willed and will be difficult to work with. And we can just keep them in a dungeon somewhere once we move onto bigger things.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 10, 2013, 12:11:32 pm »

Thank you Gman for making clearer my point.

About the posession stuff:
While I would try to not possess everyone, it is always a nice backup plan.

What about making the plan like this (each point is what we will do if the former point fails):

1)Try to convert the 2nd in command.
2)Persuade him to cooperate with us. We will control the mob and keep it away from him and he won't try to get us in jail.
3)Screw everything and possess him.

Does this plan seem decent enough?

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 10, 2013, 12:18:18 pm »

Thank you Gman for making clearer my point.

About the posession stuff:
While I would try to not possess everyone, it is always a nice backup plan.

What about making the plan like this (each point is what we will do if the former point fails):

1)Try to convert the 2nd in command.
2)Persuade him to cooperate with us. We will control the mob and keep it away from him and he won't try to get us in jail.
3)Screw everything and possess him.

Does this plan seem decent enough?

+1

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 10, 2013, 10:29:53 pm »

2 could make 3 more difficult by raising their mental defences...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 11, 2013, 10:36:57 am »

2 could make 3 more difficult by raising their mental defences...

Persuasion can be done with Mongoose, so it won't know that he can't be possessed. Or at least I think so.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 11, 2013, 03:53:33 pm »

You quickly order your cult to go loot the avatar's belongings, and to try and convince any survivors to join you. They quickly run off, leaving you with the guards.
You go over to the second in command, who arrived to take in the damages. The body of the general is taken in quite well. He mumbles something about it being expensive, but doesn't seem to mind the death of the general.
Probably doesn't mind the promotion, either.

You go over to him, and introduce yourself as the informant and leader of the helpful people with poisonous daggers. He welcomes you with open arms.
He invites you over for a stiff drink. Seeing the opportunity to speak plans and possibly corrupt him a bit seems like a good idea, so you accept it.
He goes inside one of the cleanest pubs you've ever seen. It's clear that this is the most expensive bar in town, and with reason. You can find stuff here that'd be difficult get even if you were the king himself!
He gets some special whisky for you both, and then you sit down and discuss.

His mark made him a bit more pliable than most, but taking over the mob is something he can't allow. It just can't be done.
You do manage to convince him to allow some slack when it comes to your group. But that's where it ends.
So, you didn't get a whole lot out of it.

When you arrive back in the tower, your priestess accepts the mark with pride. Your cultists are still coming in with loot, so you will have to wait until morning before you are finished counting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 11, 2013, 04:36:39 pm »

It didn't went perfectly, but we got something. We can always take him out if we need. Also,

Lets focus now in gathering more cultists. With a bit of luck the guards will look to another side while we get more followers. Lets begin with drunks and the like. offer them a place where they will be valorated. Or use some other kind of bullshit, it doesn't matter.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 11, 2013, 07:34:47 pm »

Is it night? Take the priestess to bed, push us over the evil bar. Count our goods in the morning. See what other crime syndicates are in town.

We need to take over the city one way or another, and cleaning the streets of (other) filth, whether by accepting them and turning their power into our or wiping them out completely, is one way to start. We can then work on placing puppets into office positions and picking up some of the general populace under our name.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 11, 2013, 08:02:18 pm »

Is it night? Take the priestess to bed, push us over the evil bar. Count our goods in the morning. See what other crime syndicates are in town.

We need to take over the city one way or another, and cleaning the streets of (other) filth, whether by accepting them and turning their power into our or wiping them out completely, is one way to start. We can then work on placing puppets into office positions and picking up some of the general populace under our name.
+1

Getting evil points for doing what you said, in the other hand, is silly.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 89