Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 931 932 [933] 934 935 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897228 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The more I think about it, the less it makes sense for it to be physically in between the levels of the Warrens.
Metaphysically in between each of the levels of the Warrens? Each Level gets it's own bubble of existence in the void, linked only by the workings of the Angels(ladders, stairs, pits, doorways)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Something like that, maybe.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

I am posting anything I find which relates to Theorycraft #5 here. I tried spoilering it, but it went wonky because some of the quotes have spoilers in them.  :(

Hey hey hey I'm not totally dead!

You guys are getting good at the theory thing but none of you have won just yet. It's pretty obvious that the contest's primary goal - to draw the players' attention and interests to parts of the game and tidbits of the story they had glossed over - has far and away succeeded. With that out of the way, have a little update.

Befriend/Seduce Mysterious Blue Stranger!
Yeah, that seems to be the prevailing opinion.
Fuck, this changes the definition of Illborn entirely.

Head downward and do rush to diplomice the blue-clothed lady before she dissapears.

This girl almost HAS to be a sibling.
Also, iron chunks of Illborn corpse are worth mad lewtz! Take the iron corpse to the market and sell sell sell!

Since you can't think of anything else to do with the ore, you command Slog to take it to the market and bring back the goods. It briefly occurs to you that Slog has never refused a command. Maybe he'd be willing to solve some of your inventory management issues and keep you from constantly going back and forth between the Underside and DL2.

You eavesdrop on Blue Hair and Brown Hat until the right moment.

(Roll: 6+5 Sexiness) The girl literally falls backward. You choose to believe it was your stunning Precision Flirt Bomb that caused this.

Are you seriously going to stand here and take this abuse?

No. No way. Just because 11 wasn't enough Persuasion doesn't mean you're gonna give up. After all, you're Ciro Motherfucking Whatever Your Last Name Is, and you're...

Cool as a crab.

Aaaand they're gone. Slog returns with sweet loot and throws it your way. You add it to your stack. Maybe it's time to get back to adventure.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Hm. First meeting with Betweenford...

You lead Riltia back to the shop room and have her plop the ladder down. It looks to lead into a dark area with some light spots flickering about.

Yeah, and then not that long ago we stared into the broken floor?

Same place, right? And then there's this throw-away line from when we somehow defeated Betweenford the first time!

Sure, most likely he just meant something like "out of sight, out of mind."

BUT

WHAT IF HE WAS LITERAL

The space between dungeon floors... could be Betweenford's brain. Which would tie into the whole "The Warrens are basically the Matrix and Betweenford is Agent Smith" theory.

Having looked at this post, I realize that I'm really tired and shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard right now.

((Not gonna do any more backtracking stuff yet since you guys are clearly more interested in the puzzle. If you want an item from Storage, tell Goom-bess to go get it.))

Set Gombless to "Tattle on first sight"

Write in the computer thingy: "despawn wisps" (if somebody finds something better, just say it, I'm not a porgrammer or anything)
Capture a wisp in a bottle. (This can be useful for crafting)
Type OverSoul onto keyboard and hit the arrow key,Shotgun those wisps
Lets not get into battles yet, we can always visit this room later, remember.

You don't have any empty bottles to capture the Wisps with! Also, those commands don't seem to do anything. Typing them with your feet is exhausting.

Goom-bess stares at the lightning bolt thingy. She's never seen this item before.

I'd guess using console commands might work. Try ">dir" If that fails, type ">cmd" first, then try dir.

Type >help

Why didn't anybody think of this?

Huff... huff... huff...

Edit: Completeness.

Ask Proxxy what she sees when she looks into the void
Also Inspect the chest to see if has anything on it we can hook Cherish's staff and drag it over away from the Totally Not A Trap.
vote again for Storing the Pence and giving Cherish her Staff

You do some storage'ing, giving your money to the guard and retrieving Cherish's staff. As you heal Goom-bess with your now-refilled Refresh Potion, Cherish heads over to the Chest. (Knowledge: 17) Unfortunately, her staff isn't long enough to hook it, and it looks to be locked regardless.

Attempt to put Cherish's staff in the Skill Tree on the basis that it is useless.
I reward G.W.G. with a "+1" so he may satisfy his curiosity. Imagining this properly got a rare laugh out of me, you see.
Hey lets put the fairy in it too.

Most regrettably, neither have the Natural Reagent option in their menu and are rejected by the skill tree.

Spoiler: Storage (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Relevant Content (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
You stare into the abyss once more. Almost every time you blink, one of the colorful lights flickers out, erased from history forever. You stand like this for some minutes before snapping back to reality.
Slog was off the traveler's sack. Slog was off the traveler. Slog was off everything he knew, falling through a crackling void without end. He felt a wincing pain in his center: a small, all-present hand pulling something precious, something important out from him. A brief light shone in front of him. It was beautiful, simplistic. It was Slog. It was everything Slog was! Every emotion he'd ever felt, every blorb he'd ever orbled, every adolescent Red Slime to ever turn him down. Slog smiled for a second, and it was gone.
Guys... I feel so stupid....

The Multicolored lights in the void were Souls all along, and Slog had the answer.
We were entranced. Slog was entranced.
The light of a Soul, the representation of everything a person is and has been.
Contemplate the void.
Yes, stare right into the heart of the abyss. Invite the entire party to also do so, and ask of their experience.

433unfitflureditoutfourthsiblingstheweaponshehastoauntiewillgiveyouacookie

You don't want to do this any more.

Anyway, I vote that we head back to where Oric was/is.  If he and the angel are no longer there, grab the rainbow key thing using Ripriver to float across.  Actually that's a point, instead of messing around trying to get the party across, why don't we just get Ripriver to scout ahead across the chasm to see if the room's worth exploring or not?
+1 to all, especially the -1 to assisted suicide.

Oric's back in business. He shows you his prices. Just in case you forgot.

Spoiler: Active (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive (click to show/hide)
That quote did just end in the middle of the sentence. It was like that when I found it.*
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:04:11 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait.... If the Lights that Betweenford was using to foresee Oric's death had two lights glowing, does that mean he knowingly predicted his own death?
Also speaking of the description of the Void and it's cirtcuitry/vents:
Hm. First meeting with Betweenford...

You lead Riltia back to the shop room and have her plop the ladder down. It looks to lead into a dark area with some light spots flickering about.

Yeah, and then not that long ago we stared into the broken floor?

Same place, right? And then there's this throw-away line from when we somehow defeated Betweenford the first time!

Sure, most likely he just meant something like "out of sight, out of mind."

BUT

WHAT IF HE WAS LITERAL

The space between dungeon floors... could be Betweenford's brain. Which would tie into the whole "The Warrens are basically the Matrix and Betweenford is Agent Smith" theory
Looking again at Monk12's post through(and my subsequent posting saying that the Void is the OS'), The description reminds of Neurons and their electrical impulses.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

So your theory... there's some sort of reverse-Matrix thing going on and someone's brain (Betweenford) is being used to host the Warrens?  And now, for whatever reason, he's getting too old/feeble/infirm to continue hosting, so Newford is preparing to take his place as the Host?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So your theory... there's some sort of reverse-Matrix thing going on and someone's brain (Betweenford) is being used to host the Warrens?  And now, for whatever reason, he's getting too old/feeble/infirm to continue hosting, so Newford is preparing to take his place as the Host?
More like the Oversoul(Last Seraphim). Also, there is no evidence that Angels even have brains, I mean, they don't even have blood. But the Seraphim does had become a "conduit for all the Soul who enter the dungeon", and when Slog entered the Warrens, he "all-present hand pulling something precious, something important out from him".

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Random Comment: Wonder what the battle styles S2 and S4 are.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dance Battle and Spirit Duel.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eighth and Ninth?

I think it's worth noting that there are seven Siblings, including Oric. Perhaps Cherish is Eighth or Ninth? Then again, being a Soul Star carrier doesn't automatically assign you a number; after all, Yaos had one. He was kinda special, though.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What would a Rap Battle be?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What would a Rap Battle be?

We need to have one of these as soon as possible.

Maybe people could submit lines like they submit songs for a Dance Battle?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eighth and Ninth?

I think it's worth noting that there are seven Siblings, including Oric. Perhaps Cherish is Eighth or Ninth? Then again, being a Soul Star carrier doesn't automatically assign you a number; after all, Yaos had one. He was kinda special, though.
Highlighted part is important. Especially since Cherish and Al were originally "Village Girl" and "Citizen". Someone having a soul star is indicative of them being non-Illborn, not of them being important to the Warrens in any way.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It does mean however, they are unique in the method in which they entered the Warrens. Yaos broke into here, Al was (theory wise) not turned Illborn by the Last Seraphim, while Cherish was presumably born here/brought here by parents/allowed to exist for Chief.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm. I wonder if there are any naturalized Warrenites.
Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Having a soul star means you have a soul, eg that you are not an illborn , nothing more.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 931 932 [933] 934 935 ... 1544