Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897556 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: No updates for quite a while
« Reply #7005 on: July 07, 2013, 06:06:38 pm »

We are? I thought we were still talking... Oh, I missed an update, yep we're in combat now. Man, hadn't realized we were several pages ahead of where I was last on this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Goom-bess has -4 Plot Importance
« Reply #7006 on: July 07, 2013, 06:35:49 pm »

Convince them to not join us!
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING CAN GO WRONG!

I like your style. +1.
+1
+` and +1 to old style as well, new style is just not fitting imo.
Agreed. Stick figures fit TWoOtA for the same reason they fit OotS: Both are lighthearted and enjoyable, even if they've evolved past their simple roots.

We are? I thought we were still talking... Oh, I missed an update, yep we're in combat now. Man, hadn't realized we were several pages ahead of where I was last on this.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: July 08, 2013, 12:43:51 am »

So, um... Here's my question, regarding tactical combat. Does anybody remember what the penalty is for using a medium range weapon at long range? Cause I'm thinking, since we know that Wisps have ranged attacks, and that since we know their attacks are medium range, if we could just stay at long range and pepper them with bullets and take advantage of the penalty they have and just wear them down. I'm also not sure if this plan would benefit from or suffer from a switch to tactical combat, as the consensus seems to be right now.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: July 08, 2013, 12:47:08 am »

Can we initiate a spirit duel at will?  Because if the battle with Yaos is any indication, we are overpowered in a spirit duel.  Also, spirit duels allow us forumites to have fun cameos.  The only downside is that they appear to completely annihilate the loser.

No, I'm not suggesting spirit dueling a bunch of wisps. :P And spirit dueling Proxxy would probably be overly destructive.  But I would not be averse to spirit dueling that big wisp.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7009 on: July 08, 2013, 12:51:03 am »

I imagine we would have to fight something that has an active Soul Star.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But yeah, let's Spirit Duel Proxxy. Annihilate her soul itself and wipe her from the Warrens!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: July 08, 2013, 12:54:13 am »

Is there a place where you can view all of the pictures only so I can catch up with the story without skimming through 400 pages?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7011 on: July 08, 2013, 12:57:49 am »

I imagine we would have to fight something that has an active Soul Star.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But yeah, let's Spirit Duel Proxxy. Annihilate her soul itself and wipe her from the Warrens!

I think we still have ambitions of befriending Proxxy, and annihilating her does not further that goal.  But this can definitely be plan B.

Is there a place where you can view all of the pictures only so I can catch up with the story without skimming through 400 pages?

The closest thing to that is Monk12's unofficial index (see the link in the OP).
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: July 08, 2013, 01:35:48 am »

And if we go for the convincing the wisps not to join us, the insanity penalty will just become a +20 most likely.
If so, then our next course of action should be phrasing the request in such an odd and colnvoluted way that FFS gets confused in which direction insanity should apply.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: July 08, 2013, 02:01:36 am »

And if we go for the convincing the wisps not to join us, the insanity penalty will just become a +20 most likely.
If so, then our next course of action should be phrasing the request in such an odd and colnvoluted way that FFS gets confused in which direction insanity should apply.

But then FFS would probably apply the consequences of our action backward as well, defeating the purpose.

Unless the real purpose is obviously something mostly unrelated to the wisps, of course.  Then it could work.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: July 08, 2013, 02:01:51 am »

Or we could not do that and instead attack them since we're in combat. There's probably a penalty to trying such while fighting them anyhow, FFS stated as much earlier when I asked about the viability of a Diplomancer path.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7015 on: July 08, 2013, 02:08:39 am »

Or we could not do that and instead attack them since we're in combat. There's probably a penalty to trying such while fighting them anyhow, FFS stated as much earlier when I asked about the viability of a Diplomancer path.

...Yes.  Killing them by attacking for damage is obviously what we should be doing in the next update.  However, talking about that is boring, and we have a long wait.

Actually, I'm not quite clear on why tactical combat would be any better than regular combat.  Someone want to clarify?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: July 08, 2013, 02:14:30 am »

We do set amounts of damage. We attack first. Enemy range is clearly defined. We can be given proper time(and angle) to guard enemies' attacks.
Some enemies might have advantages during tactical combat though.

I still like the idea of eating our enemies, and therefore I think we should shoot for the 'Star Warrior' Class.

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7017 on: July 08, 2013, 02:44:13 am »

We should bore them with our insanity till they fall asleep and then bottle them. :)
Rawr

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7018 on: July 08, 2013, 02:51:40 am »

You want Ciro to turn into a Pink/Blue puffball Jav?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: July 08, 2013, 02:55:52 am »

Just imagine it! We eat a small wisp, then gain it's electrical heal, then tank the Big Wisp. Perfect plan! Puffball or not!

New plan: Get Class Tree, become Star Warrior, Eat Searchbot,become essence of Searchbot(kill characters whenever tehy fight us),??????, Kill Oric
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 02:57:52 am by javierpwn »
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 1544